psychic vampire enabler?

Elven

Hi Horace :)

just my two cents worth :)

Compassion is the greatest gift you can take with you when you go to her - it will protect you and allow you to give and recieve - she is not an empty vessel - and the interaction and exchange does not need to be draining or taking something from you which you cannot give.

True compassion, not feeling sorry for her, but the deep unconditional understanding of her situation and yours, sheilds and nutures you both. Compassion holds within it a pure love for self and others - it cannot dimminish, and goes to heal where it is needed most.

Try to be aware of your part in the human exchange of compassion - she will feel the difference and her inner fears may disolve somewhat, the energy will change, and the interaction will feel 'different'.

Keep a protective light bubbled around you, wear what ever stones you feel necessary - such as those which will balance and protect you, ground you and yet enable love and compassion to flow. You could help her by cleansing the room she is in or even visualize her in a crystal cradle of protection, healing and comfort - instead of acold and sterile bed - she is possibley lying in the residue of many confused, sick or passed over Souls. The vibration in these places can be very erratic, so something soothing around her would help. Maybe even a crystal or a talisman for her. She may not remember who gave it to her, she may loose it - whatever! Leave something with her that helps her when others are not there to comfort her. A little gold angel or a picture - some flowers - it all makes a difference. But compassion and unconditional love are the most poweful!

Blessings Elven x

Horace

You all gave me such good advice..and a proper scolding or two as well.:) thanks for both
I don't consider the term 'vampire' as negative, so maybe my expressing what I wanted Dorothy to take from me as energy was taken for a mean thing to say. It wasn't meant that way. I'm sure some vampires rely on each other for sustenance. However I merely meant that I was enabling her to have my energy. I'm not sure what an empath is, but what is the difference between giving someone lots of white light and trying to cheer up someone in other ways?

It's a moot point, anyway. Dorothy's spirit has chosen All Hallow's Eve as her time to depart. The hospital called, the pneumonia took over her body. The family drove down the mountain to wait... Hh

Elven

((((Dorothy))))) May your transition be easy and friends be there to greet you. No more confusion or worry - rest heal and recouperate!

I feel she was preparing to leave - there's a lesson there somewhere.

Blessings Elven x

MCsea

Blessings and prayers for this transition at this time...

Horace bless you for your strength, friendship and compassion.

MARINA

Kahlie

May Dorothy find peace on the other side and have an easy transition.

And of course, my love comfort and support for those who stayed behind.

Kahlie

Sweet Irish Angel

re:

may Dorothy find peace and solitude in the arms of the Angels, I know how you feel, aint a nice time to pass on,my gran is dead 10yrs today :(

floracove

hmmm...
I was gonna suggest maybe charging a piece of rose quartz for her to keep...

Briar Rose

I am so sorry. You were/are a great friend. It was nice of you to go.

memries

I agree Horace that you were a very good friend to visit Dorothy with your friend. You will have the consolation of knowing that she will be at peace after the struggle she underwent. I too send light and love to her and to her close ones.

memries

I will try to explain what an empath is rather than defend myself about saying do not go to visit her.

When you are an empath, you become the person and the person draws your strength into them and to a certain extent they become you. If you are unaware that this is happening you can become just devastated as you are not ready to receive their condition.

Compassion is the really the key that opens that door into your being. Hugging or hands on healing make it an active energy exchange between two people.

In Reiki an energy exchange takes place. You send your energy to the other person as you give them a treatment. The problem arises when you take in their energy. Everyone talks about a "clear energy channel" they should be talking about " a clear non returnable energy channel". I must say that Reiki helped me to overcome to a certain extent that return energy.

The idea of shape shifting comes to mind where the Shaman becomes the bird or animal and is able to see through its eyes. I always wonder how the bird or animal feels when the Shaman departs ?

In the Bible Jesus knew when the woman, touched his garment as energy left him. He stopped and addressed the person. This was the woman who had an issue of loosing blood for many years. She thought if she could just touch His robe she would recover. Now that was Faith. She was healed because she received His energy.

I do not profess to know it all for sure. I know that when I was in a hands on healing group and someone had a headache, they went home just fine and I had the headache for a while. Another time I was praying for a young family member who was shop lifting. I prayed and prayed and when I went to the store I had the urge to steal something. I had money in my pocket. I left the store and got outside and thought, "What the heck is that ?" I had assumed his condition. (I thought it was some kind of shadow of thievery at the time.) I came to realize that you must know yourself and what you accept and what you don't. I knew that was not me at all as I am a very honest person.

It took me years to find a person to explain it to me and that was when I was searching and this person was also a Spiritual Empath and she understood exactly.

This does not mean I do not visit seniors' homes and in fact went twice last week to my dying sister in law. It just means I am older and know how to handle the event. It is when you are not prepared that you run into trouble.
My problem is too much compassion and it backfires !

All I am really saying Horace is search out the word Empath and understand what happened to you as it was an unusual reaction. Kind of a wake up call to investigate...Dorothy