psychic vampire enabler?

celticnoodle

Horace, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and the family of the dear lady who just passed.

Memries--thank you for explaining about an empath, as I was not 100% sure of how it worked. what a responsibility that is! your posting has helped me to understand it more and has also made me want to read more about it.

Kahlie

memries said:
I will try to explain what an empath is rather than defend myself about saying do not go to visit her.

When you are an empath, you become the person and the person draws your strength into them and to a certain extent they become you. If you are unaware that this is happening you can become just devastated as you are not ready to receive their condition.

I think you meant to say "you become them" not "they become you" - but maybe I'm mistaken.

As an Empath, I can vouch for what Dorothy says. You have to empower yourself with knowledge and experience. I'd go home with other people's anxieties, pains and emotions. Remember that these people aren't trying to attack you - but that is not how it feels at first.

"If looks could kill" is nothing compared to feeling the overwhelming hatred and jealousy in somebody you love - directed at YOU!

Empaths should be very mindful to nurture themselves, find ways to release emotions and conditions that aren't theirs and empower themselves with knowledge. Don't choose to let it impede your life and make your decisions for you (not going to a shop, not going to a certain person etc.), but do remove yourself from situations that are toxic to you, until you are more stable.

Most Empaths I know love balance and harmony and their homes are very harmonious. They can't stand clutter or things being out of place, unless it's a personal preference.

It's a powerful Blessing, but can become a bane if you don't learn to take care of yourself.

Kahlie

Kahlie

Breezes said:
I know for myself I have always taken on others feeligs but did not realize i was doing that. I was a emotional wreck at times. When memries said she became that person it all made more sense. I have had that happen often , it is really frightening, it feels as if you are looking through the eyes of that person. I even experienced it tonight. We went to a halloween carnival sponsered by my twin granddaughters school. Her father has recently left the family, however he showed up for a few minutes to take a pic and then left. I could feel her deep sorrow and as i looked out from her eyes i felt adrift in an ocean, without a life perserver. I felt like running up and down the street crying. I was gripped with pain , I felt her fear. I saw her looking at other little girls with fathers, and asking why she does not have a daddy. She was so upset while we were all trick or treating she would not come near me, she kept running to the doors and I had to almost run to stay near her. When she saw i would not leave , she calmed a bit. I just got a close as she would allow me and hoped i could give her my love and strength and feelings of protection.
it is 0200 and i'm up posting about this. it is so hard to experience this . My husband a man has been sound asleep for hours. He can see her pain, but does not expreiece it like I do.
I have not found a way to protect myself from this . Either i feel this or i don't . I just have to find a way to get the recovery time down.
breezes

Dear Breezes,

A big hug to you! Warm and fuzzly! My hardest time was a month ago when I had to deal with over 20 people who were all grieving during the time my grandmother was dying bit by bit.

Some tips that might help you:
- Shower and repeat: "I am willing to release this pain/these feelings that is/are not mine"
- Calm yourself down and remember all the good times when your Empathic Abilities helped people in meaningful ways
- Despite the pain - trust that your granddaughter will deal with her feelings, and will be feeling better eventually

I have a lot more tips, and was planning to write them down soon. PM me if you want to talk ok?

Kahlie

memries

Kahlie... I am not sure how you took what I said. I was trying to think of another way to look at the remark but it is escaping me.

Certainly when you hug someone as Dorothy was hugging Horace, Dorothy was receiving something for sure. It is in this way I meant that to a certain extent they become you. Horace's life force or God's life force is being taken in by Dorothy. Also who knows how receptive Dorothy was and it may well be she was given great comfort by Horace. I believe she was.

As per my story of the temptation to shop lift in the previous post. To my knowledge the shop lifting of the young member of the family stopped. So because I had removed that energy from him it alleviated the problem. I was stuck with the negative energy. So yes, he did take in something from me.
I followed that up by prayer and a lifting of that energy to God. I have never had a recurrence of that temptation.

I do not want to sound like a total nut here and it is difficult to explain. I do not understand it all either I just know it happened to me. I do not do hands on healing any more. I do use Reiki on occasion as I took the courses but sorry to say only on my trusted family or friends. I do not want any more
strange urges from unknown parties. It is of the utmost importance that you know yourself and by that I mean your guiding principles that see you through and if anything comes to you that is not yours, take steps to alleviate the urge. Know that it is not you !

memries

Breezes.. I am very glad you posted your happening this Halloween Eve with your grand daughter. It is very disconcerting for you and I can understand how you felt like running up and down and crying. Sometimes things can be just so sad and we are unable to change the course of events that bring them about.

You are not alone in your condition but I know that is no comfort whatsoever. I do not know if you believe in God or not so it is difficult for me to give any input. My anchor has been Jesus in my life but I am not trying to put forth any religious belief in this forum as we all have to find our own way.

I do think you could develop to the best of your ability a Spiritual Life for you are living one anyway. Find some type of help. I have found the Spiritualist Churches are very broad minded and non judgmental. I am not really that but I do go and have found Meditation Classes that suited me and done lots of things that way. You do not need some regimented person counselling you who has never had a similar experience. They simply do not understand. Start a very quiet search and when you find someone then listen to them.

This forum has many knowledgeable people participating from all over the world and there is a lot to be learned on here. Even by just reading. Sort out who you are for yourself and start from there. If you read something you do not like then just discard it and do not bother. Be discerning for yourself. If you come across an idea that seems to suit you then investigate more and if the belief fits then adopt it. Tell yourself that you are free to do what you will.

celticnoodle

memries, excellent advice for breezes, in my opinion. i too am very spiritual, and find peace in Jesus. I also don't want to sound like a 'nut', but prayer really seems to help me, and i meditate while praying every day. sometimes i miss my mediation/prayer session, and feel empty. it's very calming and refreshing.

breezes, i'm so sorry to hear about your twin granddaughters dilema. it's a terrible thing when children have to suffer. i hope that soon your granddaughters will find peace and their father will realize how lucky he is to have children, and become more involved in their daily lives. i hope you too, can find some peace, and as memries mentioned, it is something you have to find on your own--whether it is meditation, prayer, or both or just talking to someone. good luck.

Kahlie

Dear Memries,

Thank you for explaining, now I get it! I usually think the other way around - I get to be like 'them' - because I'm experiencing emotions that are theirs. Your way to see it is quite interesting. I never thought of it that way. Although they get energy out of me, most people are unaware of it, so I never did think of it that way! Such an interesting perspective!

celticnoodle, I pray a lot too! Twice a day, and it does help me a lot too.

Kahlie

ravenest

Condolances Horace. I am glad you kept up the visits ... imagine how you would have felt if you turned away from this person just before she died? And imagine how much she appreciated those last moments of connection.

Nursing homes and the like can be intense places, with lots of 'down' energy. I have seen how simple things can lift the spirits, including treating the patients in a way that maintains their remaining self - respect.

I would not call myself an empath but have a stong Cancerian nature. In the Thoth tarot, the card that represents me is the Queen of Cups and AC says that she has no real personality herself but reflects those around her (so maybe I am not an empath but a refector?).

When I worked in the hospital it was, at times, quiet difficult as I would have psycosomatic 'inhereted' symptoms of my patients. It made assisting in the operating theatre rather difficult. I remember once during a hip transplant the surgeon asking me why I was limping badly all of a sudden.
I couldnt work in eye surgery ... my eyes totally freaked out.

I have noticed that at times (outside of the hospital environment) when little other help or medication was availible and someone was in pain I would try to alliviate their suffering by taking on some of it ... I'm not sure if it ever worked.

The again I have often been described as having a 'stong constitution' (which probably means you dont notice how bad it is until its too late), I image that these things and whole lot of others are a lot more difficult for others with a different constitution.

And none of this post has been about crystals or herbs ... whoops.

Dancing Bear

Horace, I hope You and your friend are doing well,
and may your friends mother go gently. :love:

Breezes, I really feel for you,and your grand-daughters, I hope the hurt heals quickly. :love:

I have always also been an empath/sensative I have learnt now to block it out and protect myself, unless i want to take it all in.. At times i slip up and absorb everything, but most of the time now i can tune out..It is so much better not to take on everyone elses emotions, I can feel my own now :)