Have You Made Your Own Oracle?

gravenimages

Creating an oracle is such a fulfilling experience--whatever symbol system you use will grow organically as you add images--and I would say be generous with the images--so many oracle decks/systems come with so few cards (not that cards is the only way to go...) Also--the photographic tree oracle sounds facinating--and do use photographs of dark and gloomy days. On my way to my daughter's ballet class we pass by a field with an ancient beech tree--the bark is all strippey and white in places--well we've had some severe rains and today, the tree was ghostly white with an overcast sky. The field was flooded but the tree stood on a small island with water all around it--what a great image! Please post pics when you have them! XXXXXNat

Sheri

Regarding the posts by others about The Book of Ordinary Oracles - I got this during the Discount New Age Books $1.00 sale...WOW is it a great book! The Pendulum section is PRICELESS! :D :thumbsup:

It is great because it has a little bit of everything in it...but mostly it shows how it all comes from YOU, so the book becomes more of an example of how you can read with anything - even stuff not in the book.

Originally posted by gravenimages:
Creating an oracle is such a fulfilling experience--whatever symbol system you use will grow organically as you add images--and I would say be generous with the images--so many oracle decks/systems come with so few cards (not that cards is the only way to go...) Also--the photographic tree oracle sounds facinating--and do use photographs of dark and gloomy days. On my way to my daughter's ballet class we pass by a field with an ancient beech tree--the bark is all strippey and white in places--well we've had some severe rains and today, the tree was ghostly white with an overcast sky. The field was flooded but the tree stood on a small island with water all around it--what a great image! Please post pics when you have them! XXXXXNat

That beech sounds cool, gravenimages! Thanks for your comments! I really love trees, especially really old ones. I am hoping to get some great sky images too. I managed to get a picture of a blue spruce that is in my front yard during a snow this winter so I am hoping that I can use it also...but I'll have to see how creating my own "localized" ogham works out.

gravenimages

LOVE that tree image--especially the falling snow! A photographic tree oracle is wonderful--and perhaps I'm a little prejudiced here (about photography), but doing it with photos brings it up to date and present for the viewer. The picture of that tree triggered a million little visions in my brain--memories, scents sounds...wonderful! XXNat

Pumpkin

valeria I love the picture of the tree. Have you thought about adding any dark day pics.

I would love to see the tree gravenimages descibed.

Here's a picture I took just because I thought it looked neat.

Attachments

• Leaf1.jpg
    Leaf1.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 145

AJ

I didn't know what playmobil was, so did a search, wow there are a ton of little items! http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/de..._ybuDro=?catalog=STOREFRONT_US&name=S_ARTIKEL

Room sent me a picture last month of one of her oracles, a bag will all kinds of found items in it, very cool

Since photography is one of my interests I've been gathering images for the past year. As noted above once you start looking anything can be an oracle.
I poured some milk a while back and the pour spout was wonky. So by the time you had a glass full, outside the glass on the counter was a large circle of milk with a 1/2 circle of small milk dots around it. Rob had it wiped up before I could get back with my camera...should have told him Leave It Alone :)

room

AJ said:
Room sent me a picture last month of one of her oracles, a bag will all kinds of found items in it, very cool

And here it is--nothing like a visual for the fans. I was delighted to find a use for this oversized burlap bag that a scone mix and Earl Grey tea came in. I've added a few more items to the mix since this was taken.

I need photography lessons but BAD.

Pumpkin

Oh Room, thanks for sharing the picture. What is the white and red item? It kinda looks like a bobbin on a red disc in the picture.

Love your bag too.

Anyone else with pictures to share???

Please, please, please :D

room

Pumpkin said:
What is the white and red item? It kinda looks like a bobbin on a red disc in the picture.

It's a miniature plastic level--you know for measuring if a shelf is level when you put it on the wall. There's a little bubble inside just like on a conventional level.

Is that neat or what? Can you imagine pulling that out in a reading? You could go anywhere with it.

Papageno

Pumpkin said:
Here's a picture I took just because I thought it looked neat.

nice. it reminds of the Hanged Man

gravenimages

I've been shown how to do quotes but I never remember :mad:

For Pumpkin: Love the leaf!

For Room: That little pouch is intriguing--and I like the fact that it comes in a scone bag. In a way it reminds me of those cakes you bake charms into at new years--especially with the scone bag. And you can just keep adding and adding...wow, that is clever!

XXXNat

PS--My tree shot will need another heavy rain--now the ground is just soggy :(