Celtic Shaman's Pack

wytchwood

Yes that's right, you have to be very careful ordering through marketplace sellers, on amazon and other used book sites, they go under the ISBN numbers for kits when there's only a book there, and it will be in really small print. Once I was sold just the LWB from a deck! And it cost nearly £10!

Zoe xx

MoonGypsy

Yay Lark!
i am so glad to hear that you ordered a set! i am also glad that you mentioned that some listed are the book only. Sometimes, the sets and or decks are in better condition than how they are listed i have found. (Of course on rare occasions the reverse is also true. :<( But if i have any doubts i write to the marketplace seller and ask some questions. The set i bought was listed only as "good"! But the book, as i mentioned, is like new, and the cards still shrink wrapped.
Also, if an item is listed at a high price, lets take the "Greenwood Tarot" as an example, sometimes the sellers are negotiable about lowering the price a bit. (Especially if it has been listed for a long time.) i got my Greenwood set that way for 50 dollars off the asking price. Okay, so i still paid 250.00 USD for it. eek! But it was in pristine condition. Lol! i was so tired of losing it time after time on eBay....

MoonGypsy

Oh Wytchwood!
You were sold a LWB for ten pounds! EEK! That's horrible!
We do need to use extreme caution and read the itty bitty print, and not let our excitement overshadow our common sense. i have been very lucky with Amazon marketplace sellers so far, but, i will continue to use extreme caution and write to the sellers with questions. On occasion they don't answer. If they don't answer, i don't buy. Simple as that.
eBay, Amazon, etc. they are all a bit of a risk...

oak_woman

An unusual point of view?

I have the Celtic Shaman's Pack by John Matthews, illustrated by Chesca Potter. Whenever the newer edition is mentioned, which was illustrated by various uncredited artists, the opinion seems to be that it isn't a patch on the original.

Being curious and having the chance to acquire a copy of the second edition at a bargain price (thanks, Kilted Kat!) I thought I'd give it a go. And although the cardstock is clearly inferior, to my surprise I much prefer the art in the second edition. Well, I've been told before that I'm a strange girl!

oaks xx

inanna_tarot

I just got these cards today from our PhotoKat and I LOVE THEM!

I 'get' a lot of the Matthews' work, and then other times I really dont, but the beautiful images and the little snippets in the book are just perfect to explore and really Work with these cards!

I love them to bits and cant wait to use them for lots of things!