Ostara Tarot

Babalon Jones

Happy Squirrel, in the case of your Absurd deck I don't know how to fix chipping but you can disguise it with a sharpie in the right color if it is a dark color.

The Happy Squirrel

Thank you! The Tarot of the Absurd is black with white drawings. I am not sure it will work, as the chipping looks like lamination peeling off, but that is an idea!

theEnigma

Hello Enigma. How do you mean by not full bleed to the edges?

Also you mentioned treatment to fix chipped edges. Only one deck of all my decks chipped, the Tarot of the Absurd. As a result I am too afraid to shuffle it. Would love to know how we can fix this from further chipping.

Thanks in advance!

This current printing has no border, and the art goes to the edge of the card. It is my understanding that subsequent printings will
Include some sort of border.

I was suggesting some sort of ink treatment to apply to the edges. This wouldn't prohibit further chipping, but would make it less noticable? I think the white, where the image has flaked off, would soak up some ink quite nicely- but am slightly afraid of damaging my deck without a replacement.

skyfiery

It seems like there will be no future prints of the Ostara Tarot. I just saw the latest post on their Tumblr:

"The bad is that there will be no second print run from us. So if you have a deck, you’re holding one of the only indie produced Ostara Tarots that will ever exist!"

mad as a hatter

It seems like there will be no future prints of the Ostara Tarot. I just saw the latest post on their Tumblr:

"The bad is that there will be no second print run from us. So if you have a deck, you’re holding one of the only indie produced Ostara Tarots that will ever exist!"

But reading a little further:

"The good is that we’re in the works with both an app developer and a publishing house to make sure that this isn’t goodbye! You’ve already been lovely and patient and it will be rewarded!"

So there will be another edition, but from a publishing house.

skyfiery

But reading a little further:

"The good is that we’re in the works with both an app developer and a publishing house to make sure that this isn’t goodbye! You’ve already been lovely and patient and it will be rewarded!"

So there will be another edition, but from a publishing house.

Hey, I somehow missed out on that part. Odd, but thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna keep my eye out on that when it happens with the publishing house.

mydearruby

So there will be another edition said:
Does that mean they have got a chance to update the poor cardstock this time?

Little_Bear

Does that mean they have got a chance to update the poor cardstock this time?

That would be great! I hope they get it published, I missed the boat on this deck and it's one of the only collaborative decks I could see myself reading with.

On the other hand, I am really glad I managed to get an indie copy of the Bonefire before it gets mass produced. The size and card stock are just lovely on this deck.

The Happy Squirrel

I hesitated. Which I don't usually do. And now they are all gone.

BUMMER.

Hoping for better card stock in the commercial run though. Do we know which publishing house they are going with?

Le Fanu

Now available as a Fool's Dog app... Spotted last night!