Trimmed druidcraft, anyone?

Silverlotus

The front of this deck looks lovely trimmed, but how does the back look?

For that matter, how does the back of the Thoth looked trimmed as well?

Debra

Silverlotus said:
how does the back of the Thoth looked trimmed as well?

The newer large Thoth trims nicely on the back; the cross remains intact.

tarot4fun

moving comments to newer thread~

autumnsdaughter

Oh no, now I HAVE to trim the borders. :( I have never been good with scissors- my fine motor skills are not so fine! But the ugly white borders have to go. Sigh. Off to Archiver's for a corner rounder.

mosaica

autumnsdaughter said:
Oh no, now I HAVE to trim the borders. :( I have never been good with scissors- my fine motor skills are not so fine! But the ugly white borders have to go. Sigh. Off to Archiver's for a corner rounder.

The first deck I trimmed (Mythic), I used a paper trimmer for half of it and scissors for the other half. I liked the scissors half better. The cards came out more uniform. I steady my hand (the one holding the card) against the scissors as I cut with them.

I'm going to do the Radiant Rider, and I really want to do my Druidcraft, except it was a gift, and so I feel more guilty cutting it.

MareSaturni

AHHH! I want to trim my Druidcraft SO badly, because the cards are too awfully big for my small hands but....whenever i try to make my hand still in order to cut, it trembles so badly i fear i'll turn my Druidcraft Tarot into SkewedBordercraft Tarot :( :( :(

I have no talent for this. Guess i'll have to try to enlarge my hands instead :(

AND...it seems they deslike corner rounders in Brazil. Haven't manage to find a single one! :/

rwcarter

Or you can do what I did - buy an already trimmed Druidcraft. All the pleasure and none of the pain! :laugh:

fferyllt

miss_yuko said:
AHHH! I want to trim my Druidcraft SO badly, because the cards are too awfully big for my small hands but....whenever i try to make my hand still in order to cut, it trembles so badly i fear i'll turn my Druidcraft Tarot into SkewedBordercraft Tarot :( :( :(

autumnsdaughter said:

I was very worried about trimming my deck too, but it's not so bad, really! First, don't expect the sides of the deck to end up as smooth as a new deck that's been cut by machine. Even with the steadiest hands, that just isn't going to happen. Second, use good-quality sharp scissors. Third, find a spare card from another deck, such as a title card that you won't miss, and practice on that card first, to get the hang of it. Be patient, work in good light, and don't try to finish the whole deck at one sitting. You can do it!

firefrost

I have a Druidcraft deck but got another on the trade train to trim. Mainly because of my little hands.

I was terrified at first but a few cards later, I was doing fine and now I'm proud of the job I did. Luckily, I bought a corner cutter really cheap so that wasn't a problem.

Until you get steady and confident, trim away from where you want the final border to be.

Trimming and cornering 78 cards is a bit time consuming, but worth it though!

Scion

The Druidcraft is a spectacular trimming candidate! Go for it Miss Yuko! I fgot one on the trade train from the inestimable Valeria, she of the impeccable blade and now I can't even look at the regular deck. Valeria is so metculous with her trims that the deck literally looks like it was printed this way. The sides are completely even and matched. Definitely ask her how she does it!

The images flow into each other, the colors pop, the people seem to be occupying the same spaces. Once you use it you'll never go back. :D