The Playing Card Oracles: Study Group Anyone?

Satori

Hi SS,
The deck has a structure completely outside of Tarot. Each playing card in this deck is illustrated, and it does have a court.

See here:
http://www.wopc.co.uk/usa/oracles.html

We will be using the book as our guide through the system and I recommend it highly if you will be joining us. A regular playing card deck is o.k. to use, but you would need the book.

It is a great set and system. I'm pretty addicted to it right now.

lark

Hi I just found this thread...I'd like to participate in whatever you come up with too...I've been keeping a journal too.
If you want a question to work on my hubby asked me to do a two part reading for him this morning and I'll probably be working on it later today after I run some errands.
I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you two lovelys did similar readings and we compared the readings.
Let me know what you think.

MareSaturni

serenaserendipity said:
how would you describe this deck as being similar to this idea that i am talking about?

(basically, playing cards as tarot cards without the major arcana...)

Hi Serena!

Well, this system we are wanting to studfy - The Playign Cards Oracle - is COMPLETELY different tarot. You'll find here in this forum other threads about other PC reading system, but the one we are exploring here was created by Ana Cortez and C.J.Freeman and is available in their book named 'The Playing Cards Oracle'. It's an individual and original system, nothing to do with tarot.

Perhaps you could look for the book and see if it interests you, then you'll be welcome to study it here with us :)

lark said:
I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you two lovelys did similar readings and we compared the readings.
Let me know what you think.

Lark, that would be a great idea! :D I like the idea of practicing small readings instead of creating threads for each cards, because it seems to me this deck is meant to be used all cards together...they tell a story together, alone they kinda lose their power. So while we study the readings, we see how a certain card works inside that context...how about it?

Good to see more people interested :D :D :D

Satori

Yes lark, I'm in too. Either post or PM the question.
Can't wait to do a real reading!

poivre

I have the deckset and would join in also!

ros
:)

Satori

Oh ros I didn't see you had the set. I just pm'd you touting the deck and book! Hooray that you have it and are joining. I am actually getting chills thinking about this study group.

Nothing has so captured me like this set has since my love affair with the Voyager Tarot so many years ago. I had always said Tarot is not for me, but then participated in a workshop on the Voyager and I was hooked. Wow I loved that deck and would do elaborate readings for people with it.

Now this system has me reading the whole book, writing a journal which I have never been good about and really just seizing the world of playing cards voraciously! I suppose the practice with Tarot all those years was readying me for the Playing Card Oracles.

Is Six Haunted Days out there? Is she joining us Miss Yuko?

MareSaturni

Satori said:
Now this system has me reading the whole book, writing a journal which I have never been good about and really just seizing the world of playing cards voraciously! I suppose the practice with Tarot all those years was readying me for the Playing Card Oracles.

It's like magic, isn't it? I was never able to keep a SINGLE journal for my tarot studies...but this one had me writing down everything i could right away. I too have read the entire book, and some chapter i've read more than once...besides, it was a great company during a very lonely moment for me...i simply LOVE this book and the deck (i own three copies...just to be sure :p).

Satori said:
Is Six Haunted Days out there? Is she joining us Miss Yuko?

I have PMed her, i'm waiting for her to answer me or show up! Hope she decides to join us :)

Thanks for starting this thread, i was really missing having other people to talk about the PCO.

lark

Hi I'm back for a bit....
It's our Halloweenie reading day tomorrow at the fair so I'm getting packed and ready for that...still have to sew a black spread cloth tonight...shame on me little miss last minute Nelly...but...
Here are the questions you can work on for Joe.

It's hunting season AGAIN and he has requested a reading that has a two part question.
He has been invited to two different places for gun hunting in November...he enjoys both equally so he is basing his decision on which place to go to on our readings ...so take your time no hurry here.

Within the answer he would like to know which would be the most sucessful hunt...a fun time... possibly anything you can see about weather conditions...timing of which weekend in November would be best...ect...anything that migh pop up for either place.
It may turn out that he might have more fun one place and a better hunt in another hey!
So then he will have to decide from there, but at least we can give him some pros and cons.

So place one we will call TED"S PLACE
Place two we will call FRANK'S PLACE
So you can actually do two reading here for Joe.

If we are going to post the readings we might have to open a thread for it in Oracle Readings though...but it would be nice to see the mechanics of an actual reading with these cards, especially for other's who might be interested in this deck, but not have it yet.
I wish we could keep it in this thread.

Just let me know what you decide as I will post my readings later this week where ever you do.

Satori

Great practice lark!!! Leave it to you to provide the best starting point. Will do on the PCO thread over in Readings.

serenaserendipity

wowo

it looks amazing

thanks for the clarification

i'll see if i can get my hands on one, and maybe join in late...

s.