the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

hippiewitchie

Universal Fantasy

I saw the Universal Fantasy at the store and so almost bought it! But I tried to be good and left without it to I can check out the scans first. Now I am kind of on the wall. Who can talk me into picking it up onmy way home on payday?

Grizabella

If you collect napkins by getting a bunch extra every time you go to eat out, you can save up enough to do without toilet paper for a month by just using the napkins. :D :thumbsup: Then that's worth at least one deck! Maybe more if you buy from the Trading forum or eBay. :D :D :D (I haven't tried it yet, folks, but hey---it's an idea! :rolleyes: )

Same with oatmeal. Buy a lot of it and then dress it up differently every day. You'll save money on food and if you hate oatmeal as much as I do, you'll lose weight AND have money for decks! But if you can stomach the stuff, there are lots of ways to make it different---adding butter and honey instead of sugar, nuts and maple syrup (like I can afford that!) another day, using real cream and brown sugar and raisins another day---the possibilities are endless.

The Universal Fantasy is a wonderful deck if you're into that stuff, hippiewitchie. The art work is fantastic.

rachelcat

hippiewitchie said:
I saw the Universal Fantasy at the store and so almost bought it! But I tried to be good and left without it to I can check out the scans first. Now I am kind of on the wall. Who can talk me into picking it up onmy way home on payday?

Yes. Get it. On payday or before! It is beautiful art that makes you think, and sometimes makes you laugh. With rich jewel tones and lovely black linework and borders to boot! (Here is the obligatory--"The scans don't do it justice!" But in this case, it's true!)

This is one of my "exceeded expectations" decks. I'm carrying it around in my purse almost every day.

Get it. You won't regret it!

(How's my enabling so far?!)

Le Fanu

It's getting congested in here already...

This is the thread we didn't know we needed. Now we will wonder how we ever lived without it...

I think I need a back up of the Liber T. I love the Thoth and I think studying the Liber T will add a deeper layer, as well as getting me familiar with a deck which is marvellous in its own right. I already have one copy, but would quite like one to take with me, out and about, scuffed in bag, to look at in idle moments, get familiar with the imagery etc...

Tell me I need one...

victoria.star

Yay!
I love this new thread, thanks Nisaba.

The Templar is beautiful. Press the "Buy" button, hurry... :)

victoria.star

Le Fanu said:
This is the thread we didn't know we needed. Now we will wonder how we ever lived without it...

I think I need a back up of the Liber T. I love the Thoth and I think studying the Liber T will add a deeper layer, as well as getting me familiar with a deck which is marvellous in its own right. I already have one copy, but would quite like one to take with me, out and about, scuffed in bag, to look at in idle moments, get familiar with the imagery etc...

Tell me I need one...
Back up copies are two times the fun.

MysticalMoose

Yeeeee HAAAAAAA!!!

:party:.........BUY......BUY......BUY!!!!!...........:party:

:D

:* MM :love:

(abandon hope... (of saving).... all ye who enter here!).....:bugeyed:

hippiewitchie

Sometimes we just need someone to give up permission. So here it is: Yes, it's OK- Just do it!

I am stopping on my way home- why wait til payday!

truelighth

Whoohoo.. a thread for the truly Tarot addicts... :D. Good going, Nisaba :thumbsup:

The Templar is really gorgeous. I most definately recommend it. You need that deck :). The Universal Fantasy is also very pretty.

Jewel

MysticalMoose said:
Also the companion book The Templar Tarot Mysteries by Daria Kelleher featuring Allan Chester's art is well worth a read :)
Ohhhhhhh my somehow I missed the fact that there was a book, I think I must go get that right away!

I have not used my Templar in a few years, but it is a deck I am not willing to trade or sell. Like MM said, the artowrk is gorgeous and is amazing on those borderless cards. There is a lot of detail on them, and they are not a clone of anything. Some fresh ideas, and very interesting. I say hit the buy it now button. *LOL*