Important Tips to Newbies

Knight of Wands

Kircher Tree said:
Not to pick on Gregory... Well, maybe to pick on him a little...
He can take it... .

She. Gregory is a she.

I can vouch; we had a very enjoyable day together in London. She certainly LOOKED like a woman ;)

But don't worry, I thought she was a man too!

Kircher Tree

K o W

Thanks for the info.

From now on I will address everyone as "they" or "them". Impersonal, but safer.

Sulis

Ranzel said:
Try learning and applying ED in your reading and you'll be greatly surprised with the outcome. You'll never have any problem reading difficult cards anymore.

One thing I have forgotten to mention, once you knew the elemental positions of that particular situation in your readings, just keep that in mind. Don't mention it yet to the querent, but let it be the background of your reading. Weave your story based from this background. Say what you see, always refering each card's meanings back to the background.

Try it. You'll be surprised! In no time you'll be reading like a Pro!!! -Good luck.

Let me know - Ranzel

(Note: I'm preparing a new Thread entitled "How to Read Tarot like a Pro using ED" - something for all of you to watch and discuss)

I'm sorry Ranzel but you just don't seem to get it.. It's almost as if you haven't read this thread and what people (experienced readers and newbies), are saying at all.
It's offensive to tell folks that if they read your way they'll be 'reading like a pro'... It's offensive to newbies and it's especially offensive to experienced readers and 'pros'.
You've been reading for a year for Goddess sake, you're a newbie yourself.
It's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it...
A little humility goes a long way.

Sophie

I don't find it offensive, Sulis, and I've been reading longer than Ranzel. Its offensiveness is simply an opinion, like everything else. EDs are interesting to study. They can potentially help a lot of people. Perhaps Ranzel is overstating his case for EDs making you a pro, but I would read that as enthusiasm, rather than arrogance. Just as if a friend tells me to try a certain type of wine and once I do I'll not want another, I wouldn't take offence: I put it down to passion :)

balenciaga

I just want to reiterate that it is enthusiasm that Ranzel is expressing here. Those who wish to try the ed method, should; those who wish to ignore it, by all means, do.
No harm here:)

The crowned one

This is just going in circles now. ;) The same thing is being said from different angles. It was a good discussion, thanks for sharing.

Kircher Tree

Here is my theory for what it is worth, or more than nothing. Ranzel does not read English. He is having his posts prepared by someone who "writes" English. So he does not "get" any of the comments directed at him. The admittedly smug tone of the posts is due to his (or her) translator. The reaction to his posts is hilarious, over the top, and it keeps this ridiculous thread going. However when people start throwing around slander, like calling somebody a "con man" then that becomes a matter for a solicitor.

So please people. Cool it. It's not worth it.

Moonbow

Moderator Note

This thread does seem to be going around in circles, I agree.

I am locking it, at least for the time being, so that the Using Tarot Cards moderators can review it when they come back online.

Moonbow*