TAROT OF THE ZIRKUS MÄGI in the Top Fifty!!

Alta

So they rejected your deck on strictly technical grounds rather than artistic? I certainly don't know a thing about the technical end of things. Artistically your deck is an impressive work.

agviz

This is a really neat deck. The moment I saw it, I knew I had to immediately guild the edges. Even before reading with it. I mean, how could gold edges not look great with a circus tarot?

I feel pretty confident that reading with this deck will be engaging, fun, and likely put a new spin on tarot for me. Thanks Freder! :D

Attachments

• ZirkusMagi.jpg
    ZirkusMagi.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 132

delizt

wow that is a great looking deck!

Freder

Wow, I love the gilding! How do you go about that? Very cool.

Thanks for the kind words, too.

DT

agviz

I used a Krylon 18KT. Gold Leafing Pen (available at most art/craft shops). I ran it across the edges, being careful to get as little as possible on the faces. Unfortunately I ran out of ink quickly and it took two pens. I don't know why, because normally one pen does several decks. Maybe my first pen was already running low or something.

Gilding this way usually wears off with time or heavy use, but I've done several decks which I read with quite a bit and I'm happy with the results. I love the way it looks on this deck!

tarotbear

So, you do each card separately, not stack them and brush/rub the edges?

agviz

So, you do each card separately, not stack them and brush/rub the edges?

Oh yes, right. That's an important point. It takes a bit more time (hey, it's deck bonding!), but to do the cards together will result in disaster. What happens is that the ink will leach between the cards and onto the faces no matter how tightly they are pressed together. The slightest gap acts like suction to draw in the ink. Even pressing the cards tightly together with a vice clamp doesn't work. I've learned this lesson the hard way!

Freder

It sounds awfully time-consuming... but I still want to do it!

agviz

It sounds awfully time-consuming... but I still want to do it!

I think it might take an hour or two to do a deck. In this case it seemed a little slow going because the ink wasn't flowing well. Might have been a faulty pen/low ink or something. I find it fun and a nice way to connect with the deck before reading with it.

Maan

The universe was smiling at me ;-) and i was lucky enough to trade for this deck. Cant wait to get it . I might even go for the gilded edges like Agviz. Its beautiful. And seems to fit perfectly with the admosphere of the deck.