The star- love outcome

wulzcat

Hi, I'm new to the site and this is my first post, so I may be jumping in where angels fear ....... however, two points.
1) For me the Star is more or less always a positive card and means, quite simply, hope.
But 2) It entirely depends on the spread you have used and the other cards that came up.
I don't see how we can read any single card in isolation, not even a really positive one like the Star.
Whether the hope that the Star represents is in the past or the future; whether it is a realistic hope or just a dream; whether it is deceptive or real; and, most of all, what kinds of things you need to do to realise that hope, all depend upon which other cards appear in the spread and how they are arranged.

I'm new here too but I agree with June-Marie... I also did a spread recently asking about a budding relationship and the Star is outcome... there were obstacles between us (physical distance, past hurts) but the outcome was Star. I took this as positive (10 of cups also fell out while shuffling) but it will take time and some work I think as i realise I have a lot of issues to work out to form a good relationship... if I keep obsessing and fantasising though, then it will only ever remain a dream... (I figured that out from a subsequent spread!)

Luluk

This discussion has been really interesting. For me, in a reading, I would have read it as a symbol to maintain hope and that faith was essential, but that the outcome was unknown. The true meaning of faith I guess, believing in something without concrete evidence. It's about mind set and perspective.
Interestingly though, as I read this, the very clear interp for me became "the one before the one." In my experience, when somebody has been hurt in love and retreats from it for a while in order to heal there is often a person who appears to open them back up to love. They are often short term, but they are special people bought to open us up again. Sort of like a reverse rebound. :)
They are a tangible reminder that love is possible and to believe again.

SA12

I just had an experience with the Star card last week -- and while things do remain TBD on the relationship front, an unforeseen circumstance came up and 'enlightened' the seeker to something deeper. Remember, the Star is physically pouring out unconditional love and light....
So shortly after the reading, my seeker found out her ex's father is dying of cancer (hers died of cancer many years ago). So again, not really the time for 'romance' ... but a time to lovingly reach out, which she did and he was grateful for. So maybe the Star is also reminding us to look up at the "bigger picture" and fully consider what it means to truly and constantly love yourself and others, faults and all.

Girl Archer

Since we are all talking about the star, I thought I might just put my two pennies here :) A couple who were trying for a kid via IVF once asked me what the outcome would be (I know, I am a rookie and I should not have taken on that question). That day, I felt like I'd to just use the pop-out method for them and when I was shuffling, the Star just fell out and I figured (wrongly, it turns out) that it was all systems go! and that they would have a positive outcome, as they had divine blessings too. (Isn't the star supposed to denote heavenly grace/divine blessings too?)

The procedure did not go well, and they were told that there might be severe complications. Why did I not see that? :( Maybe, I should just have gone deeper. Man, I'm so shame-faced now :-/

wulzcat

This is all very interesting, and I went to the source book for the deck I used for my Star reading: the Victoria Regina deck. The author's interpretation talks of 'emotional rebirth', and the woman who 'looks within for the strength to begin again' after past hurts.

'After painful experiences there is a temptation to withdraw into a self-protective shell and block out everything that might cause more hurt. The Star urges us to transcend suffering without denying it, to accept pain as a necessary part of life, and move on to the joy tht is every person's birthright'. She goes on: 'Time heals all wounds, and the Star looks to the future rather than live in the past'.

Although perhaps many tarot addicts have a tendency to live in the future rather than the past (or the present)?! If the Star is linked to the Tower, perhaps it takes into account that past hurt, accepts it, learns from it, and moves forward with openness, rather than fixing on an outcome. Which is perhaps a message to the querent, not to say that the thing they desire will or won't happen, but that they need to move forward into a limitless future with an open heart?

Galaxias

At times I feel as if the star, even upright (mostly blocked and reversed), can represent the giving up of hoping. Wishing for something, but in the back of your mind knowing that it either is not good for you, or isn't going to happen and this is representative of that last bit of denial. That you can't sustain yourself and keep running on hope alone, you need some indication in reality as well if you're already down and out. Remember that the Star is still related to the time of night, and the illusions presented by the Moon.

nisaba

I have a budding interest in a person currently, and i've gotten the star as the outcome for our relationship.

When does the "outcome" of a relationship happen? When you finally meet them? When you finally kiss them? When you finally marry them? When you finally fall out of love? When you finally divorce? When one of your finally dies?

I think asking about relationship outcomes is a nonsense. Life goes on, and change or all kinds persists over the decades.

The Star would indicate that hope exists for improvement AFTER the time of the outcome. See how that doesn't make sense?

wulzcat

I hadn't thought of the Star and Moon together but that's true, at least the Hope of the Star can become the Delusion of Moon, but isn't that when the Hope is based on unrealistic/illusory/obsessive/desperate desires?

It's probably true that a lot of people seek tarot readings when in that frame of mind - when they are desperate to hear that a certain thing will happen. I think (for me) reading the card as a giving up of hope seems to be giving up on Hope altogether! We shouldn't fix on a certain outcome - perhaps one ought to have hope and faith in one's Highest Good (so to speak), and see where the star leads us? In which case a reading wouldn't suggest to us to give up hope, but to inves our hope oni a different and more fulfilling star, one that will nourish us from the inside out instead of coming from externals? :)

schwammyy

Unfortunately, in my practical experience of doing many, many relationship readings, this has turned out to be the case for most Star outcomes (particularly when the rest of the spread isn't too rosy, either.) I can only speak for my own readings, though...as generically, the Star is often seen as hope and faith.

It could be that, for me, trumps are the big energies that are needed for the seeker to access or acquire in order to get through the situation being asked about. So, because of that, it turns out (at least for me in my experience) that the Star signifies the hope and faith that the seeker will need to have and use to see the issue through. Ergo, the relationship may be out of reach, but she will need to have and maintain her faith and hope that there are still better things in store for her. Or something to that effect.

Although disappointing, I understand the possibility of this. It is always possible that this relationship is not the best thing for ME. It could be possible that I will see someone better as the light at the end of the tunnel. It could also regard to things not working out due to fate, I understand.

I will still keep a positive attitude about things though.

schwammyy

Hi, I'm new to the site and this is my first post, so I may be jumping in where angels fear ....... however, two points.
1) For me the Star is more or less always a positive card and means, quite simply, hope.
But 2) It entirely depends on the spread you have used and the other cards that came up.
I don't see how we can read any single card in isolation, not even a really positive one like the Star.
Whether the hope that the Star represents is in the past or the future; whether it is a realistic hope or just a dream; whether it is deceptive or real; and, most of all, what kinds of things you need to do to realise that hope, all depend upon which other cards appear in the spread and how they are arranged.

Thank you for your advice on that, and I believe you are correct on this. The reasoning why I didn't post the whole spread was due to the fact that I did one where there was only one card regarding the future, the rest had to do with current feelings, which I was already aware of for the most part. However, I understand now why that could be difficult to help me with.