PDR Week Three - Work spread for a friend

DellArtista

This was a reading I did over the phone on the spur of the moment for a friend. Quite surprised that I went through with it -- I still usually feel the need to do readings at the "right time" and the "right setting," so it was a good exercise in trusting that I don't need all of that...

The background here -- They lost their last job & are currently looking, feeling unsatisfied, etc... the main concerns were both where to look for work & how to deal with the meantime.

I did a 3 card spread, positions being Self -- Situation -- Advice.

The throw as follows (using ever-handy cosmic tribe):

Self: Knight of Cups
Situation: Knight of Disks
Advice: Strength

First thing I couldn't help but notice were the 2 Knight cards -- especially as the last reading I had done for them, 2 Knight cards had come up! (The Knight of Cups again & the Knight of Swords). My first thoughts with all these Knights were signals that new people were coming into their life. Second thoughts being that it might mean that they need to look at the "masculine" traits & archetypes & draw them in for their current situation & with finding work. The traditional interpretation of travels came into mind too for the Knights... although the Knight of Disks in the Cosmic Tribe does not feel like a motion card to me -- but does seem to present work that is quite down & dirty, so maybe travel could be involved in that way... needing to give it priority & possibly sacrifice some things for it?

I also find it interesting that none of the numbered minors are present, just the courts & the major... which I interpreted as the added sense of urgency that they are feeling with this, that it feels all encompassing & big right now.

*Knight of Cups in Self position* -- The traditional meaning of Knight as teenager makes sense here, as they are feeling inexperienced due to all of this... That they are yearning for travels & change with their work situation... having very intense dreams & ideals for what could come next. The Cups a signal that they are feeling very sensitive & emotional about the situation -- the Knight pictured is reaching out to hold onto a seashell, which makes me think that the advice here is to remember it's best to ask for outside help to hang onto. (& Beyond the seashell is a figure that is perhaps the Knight's "higher self" -- & so perhaps looking for help from within too.)

The Knight of Cups showing up the second time for them recently makes me think in particular that there may be a need to be watchful for lows & depressions about the work situation -- there's a need to share feelings & to let them out properly represented in the Cups.

All of these court cards I think may also be signaling that it may be through people directly -- perhaps people they already know or are soon to meet -- that they will find job opportunities, rather than classifieds, etc.

*Knight of Disks in the Situation position* -- Probably foremost representing lots of travel, lots of footwork, "hitting the pavement" & getting to work involving finding the next work move. The Knight of Disks in this deck is quite "still" in a way, which made me think of a fear of failure & a fear of needing to compete with others. This Knight is definitely a very hard worker, though -- but it seems they feel the need to find something "worthy" of that hard work & loyalty. The Knight here also seems to be waiting for something... so things certainly do feel slow, stuck right now...

Disks being the Earth suit -- makes me think there is a want for finding work in the helping, healing, growing professions. Possibly volunteering in a hands-on way in the interim.

*Strength in the Advice position* -- Ah, what an excellent card to get as Advice here! The need to keep energy & courage up, in spite of the Knight of Cups lows or insecurities. I think it's a sign that they might get a bit tired along the way, maybe even a bit hurt -- but that optimism is needed & will still prevail... to remember inner strength to fight against the outer world & the hardships. I felt like the lion may also represent here those friends who are loyal but harsh, who are quick to speak the truth -- and that they may be best to turn to for advice right now... the ones who are kind but have biting words at times.

At this point they had told me that several of the jobs they were looking into are quite labor heavy -- which made this last card make a lot of sense. I think in that case it may be a special note to remember that looking out for inner strength will be just as -- if not more -- important as looking out for their outer strength. To find a balance in taking care of both those sides...

I feel like the Strength card is not without its scars from the past, but that they have looked at the negatives & the scars they carry from their past -- in this case, looking at those scars carried from past work situations and find ways to heal & let go from that to clear the way for the new opportunities.

Thank you for reading the reading, any input is appreciated... they seemed to find the reading accurate but also seemed to like the idea of having other opinions! :)

judylea1

I agree, Knight of cups means an emotional time. They are probably sharing their feelings about job loss. The knight of pentacles means a change regarding work, someone may direct them to a new job. Strength means they will have the strength to get through whatever difficulties there are in the meantime. Overall very nice cards.

DellArtista

Thank you much for the feedback & for reading the post Judylea... good to know another set of eyes are seeing what I was, and I will pass on the reassurance to them. :)

swimming in tarot

I had the same take as you with the Knight of Cups. You were more creative than I with the Knight of Disks; all to the good! :) Strength as advice...perfect.

DellArtista

Thanks for the feedback Swimming! :)