How so I discern the actual worth of a 1959 RWS deck?

Le Fanu

If I was desperate for a copy I might go to $70 but I paid about $40 for mine, though that was about 2 years ago.

Like Debra, I have noticed a bizarre jump in tarot prices. I nearly fell off my chair when I went onto ebay recently after a long break.

Rhinemaiden

If I was desperate for a copy I might go to $70 but I paid about $40 for mine, though that was about 2 years ago.

Like Debra, I have noticed a bizarre jump in tarot prices. I nearly fell off my chair when I went onto ebay recently after a long break.

Yes, but it's like the line in Gone With the Wind: "Askin' ain't gettin'."

Abrac

It's not rare so I wouldn't give much for one.

Teheuti

Early copies of the University Books RWS are well-printed, but later editions often are misprinted with colors going outside the lines, giving a blurry effect. Try to always get good photographs of the cards, especially before paying a lot of money for the deck.

Stark Raven

Early copies of the University Books RWS are well-printed, but later editions often are misprinted with colors going outside the lines, giving a blurry effect. Try to always get good photographs of the cards, especially before paying a lot of money for the deck.

Thanks for this tidbit - appreciated! Thank you for all responses too.