Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

All Is One

Minrice, I think there are some left. The last person to mention getting a deck said it was something like #418. I would think that there are about 80 decks left. That's not many.

I have two already, so I'm telling myself that is plenty. Fighting the urge to get another one. Which would just be greedy.

Rob

All Is One said:
Minrice, I think there are some left. The last person to mention getting a deck said it was something like #418. I would think that there are about 80 decks left. That's not many.

I have two already, so I'm telling myself that is plenty. Fighting the urge to get another one. Which would just be greedy.

Yes, I was 418 and I got my deck a few days ago (check date of my first posting in this thread). I'd suggest ordering soon! I thought about getting another one myself, but I just can't justify the expense. I'll be careful with the one I have. :)

retrokat

Hi all,

According to Leisa's site there are only 42 left, so I don't think she's been sending them out exactly in order?

I've just updated http://touchstonetarot.com and included a full storyboard of the Simpsons Happy Squirrel scene :)

Also, for those of you who aren't in the 'LE Family', you can see Touchstone cards in use on my new site http://78friends.com - it's still in beta, we have a lot of improvements to make, but it's a chance for you to see the cards by sorting through other peoples public readings.

Strategeus - welcome to our shared 'habit', and thanks so much for your kind words about Touchstone. You do your research - that's not just a lot of decks, it's an enviable collection. Most people take years to work out how to sort the wheat from the chaff, with thousands of decks available. Looks like you bought all wheat!

Intyale

Ayyyye. My bank account is groaning over all the spending I've been doing. My touchstone has been promoted to the "much loved" status. (a.k.a. Bent, chipped, and incensed!) I wouldn't trade it for the world as it's "Kateri's deck" now. But the little Squirrel in me is telling me to buy another deck for archival reasons, just in case mine gives up the ghost with all the loving it's been getting.

My finances are telling me to just get the mass produced edition, but I think my heart wants two LDs and one (or more!) mass produced deck(s)!

retrokat

Intyale said:
But the little Squirrel in me is telling me to buy another deck for archival reasons,

rofl - I never thought about the Squirrel indicating hoarding - yet another aspect of the HS card that pokes fun at we tarot junkies :p

minrice

Tarot junkie indeed. I told myself with the Touchstone I'm done until after Christmas. Yeah, no.

All Is One

I was feeling plush back in September and I bought a lot of decks. Now trying to put the brakes on is amazingly difficult!

Just going and buying the decks you find is so addictive and my living room book shelves had a fresh cleaning for the visit of some relatives, so now I have more shelves of tarot cards smiling back at me.

I'll need a lot more money to work with if I'm to reach Gregory's 1400 decks. Or even half of that. Half would be good enough for me.

Rob

All Is One said:
I was feeling plush back in September and I bought a lot of decks. Now trying to put the brakes on is amazingly difficult!

Just going and buying the decks you find is so addictive and my living room book shelves had a fresh cleaning for the visit of some relatives, so now I have more shelves of tarot cards smiling back at me.

I'll need a lot more money to work with if I'm to reach Gregory's 1400 decks. Or even half of that. Half would be good enough for me.

I've been buying decks with the fury of a raging blizzard this month. I still have a long way to go, but at least my list is fairly short...what's on my wishlist is about it. That's all I want. I've looked through photos and reviews of thousands of decks, and I only want the ones I have and the ones on my wishlist.

In fact, I may still narrow down my wishlist some more to make it more manageable...and then, I'm sure some of the decks I get I won't be able to connect with as well as I thought and I'll sell or trade them. But I'm keeping things finite! No letting myself go TOO nuts....

All Is One

I went nuts, but not on your level. It felt like it, but not even close. I did buy two copies of the Touchstone, and I bought one copy for a friend.

The Touchstone is still my main deck after a few months with it.

Pagan X

Wow. How did you even *locate* some of those decks, never mind get them in two weeks? Was it all at one store? That would've been the Collectors Dream Store fer sure.

You have excellent taste, might I add.