Planet Series: SATURN transiting thru your houses

dadsnook2000

For stardancer

Since your Saturn and Uranus are trine in Fire signs perhaps they co-trigger each other in terms of the way you react to them. It would be necessary to look more deeply into the chart to see why both might want to join in on any activity of the other. There are no general aspects that would trigger both other than an opposition to one resulting in a sextuke to the other. Do you have any idea why they seem linked? Dave

stardancer

dadsnook2000 said:
Since your Saturn and Uranus are trine in Fire signs perhaps they co-trigger each other in terms of the way you react to them. It would be necessary to look more deeply into the chart to see why both might want to join in on any activity of the other. There are no general aspects that would trigger both other than an opposition to one resulting in a sextuke to the other. Do you have any idea why they seem linked? Dave

A sextuke? I love that word. Shakespeare made up words. Is that real, made up or a typo?

I don't know. Uranus makes a wide square to my Sun/Neptune conjunction, but what brings them together, imo, is that Venus is at the exact midpoint of my Sun/Uranus, and I think exact midpoints are important. That would make a triggering of my Sun, a Venus/Uranus thing. In other words: sudden attractions, and/or sudden breaking up, of existing attractions, probably brought on my the feeling of being smothered by Saturn. This fits in with a lot of the transits and the consequential experiences I've had in relationships. But there is also a sense of my work and employer mixed in with that, especially when Saturn has transited the 6th and 10th. And the relationship issues *and* the employer issues have been connected two of those times. I will need to look further into it. I've been getting out my charts on me and dusting them off, but I've always felt a strong affinity to the outer three planets.

Putting it poetically, Saturn seems a hindrance to me, not letting me fly.

agedog1

Well here it is. 3rd house cusp 13deg leo 05min, Sun at 14 06, Pluto 19 19, and my poor part of fortune at 21 56.

Yes I know it is a sad thing!

Thank gosh I don't have Saturn doing any quincunx's

dadsnook2000

Saturn transiting the third quadrant of your chart

We are making deliberate progress (a Saturn term) and I'm sure that some of you are anxious to compare your experiences with my observations about what might typically happen as Saturn moves thrue houses seven, eight and nine.

Saturn in the third quadrant urges you to DEFINE YOUR AWARENESS OF OTHERS (Marc Robertson) thru your projection of yourself and your values and your skills into the worlds that others inhabit. We are, afterall, considering Saturn in the traditional houses of partners, sharing, and extension of ourselves into the largest possible environments. So just what will the "definition of our awareness of others" lead us to?

Well, consider EXPECTATIONS! Emerging somewhat self-assured from our first and second quadrant experiences, we must have some expectations of what happens when we meet others. This is where REALITY comes into play. What reactions will we observe and experience. How might we COMPROMISE a situation so as to gain something without losing our balance? Not being just "alone" in terms of CONSEQUENCES for our actions or responses, we do have to look outward and to define our awareness of others.

So, using this circuitress logic, lets deal with some real definitions.

SATURN TRANSITING THE SEVENTH HOUSE
Define the meaning of what others mean to you while Saturn transits the 7th house. This may involve another person, several other persons, a wider span of people, the public as a whole. Do you know why you are interacting? Do you understand what others are doing? Is everyone's role acceptable to you?

Typical "rough spots" due to this transit may involve marriage problems, issues in business processes that don't work well, being frustrated by others who can't seem to understand you and your methods, a breakdown of understanding what each party wants. The end result is that one can both define success and define failure. In this sense the seventh house becomes an experience, an experience we move froward from and from which we gain new challenges to address.

SATURN TRANSITING THE EIGHTH HOUSE
You tend to experience the 7th house, you now have to revert to typical Saturn processes when Saturn moves thru the 8th house. You have to now DEFINE THE SUBSTANCE OF YOUR AWARENESS OF OTHERS. Lets put this another way: Do you have preferences or dislikes about those you come into contact with? Are these preferences or dislikes based on facts and reasonable grounds . . . or are they adopted casually, carelessly, maliciously, as suggested by others, or through the deep and carefull interactions you have with others over time. How honest are you in judging and accepting yourself, others?

During this period it is a good policy to focus on groups having similar interests as yourself as this provides a more comfortable place to extend yourself and to receive others. You also have to assess what you experienced in the 7th and how it might fit or not fit with events and peoples encountered in the 8th house. In terms of normal 8th house stuff, define your policies about investments, taxes, spending commitments, ownership burdens of all sorts. What does loss, gain, change mean to you? Are you balanced? Is your ego defined and in check? Are you preparing yourself for real purposes?

SATURN TRANSITING THE NINTH HOUSE
Focus your ideas, define those ideas, understand what connects you to others. If you are engaged in some form of formal study, what drives you to exploring and understanding other places, other cultures, other solutions? If you are engaged in travel, what do you seek to discover, what are you learning, what will you do with these experiences? What is the purpose of making connections to others outside of your private world?

Education and travel may prove frustrating! Religion may lose its appeal! Legal situations may arise because of things promised and left undone. Any frivolous activity should be a signal of things not following a productive course. AT THIS POINT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PREPARING FOR SOME REAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND REAL OPPORTUNITIES. Your reputation needs to reflect you character and focus on life . . . . and vice versa. Will you be ready to step forward?

SOME COMMENTS
Some consider this quadrant to be Saturn's most severe test. After this point you can fail or you can succeed, but there are no more chances for another twenty plus years. Take Saturn's transits through these houses very, very seriously. Dave

huredriel

dadsnook2000 said:
Focus your ideas, define those ideas, understand what connects you to others. If you are engaged in some form of formal study, what drives you to exploring and understanding other places, other cultures, other solutions? If you are engaged in travel, what do you seek to discover, what are you learning, what will you do with these experiences? What is the purpose of making connections to others outside of your private world?

Education and travel may prove frustrating! Religion may lose its appeal! Legal situations may arise because of things promised and left undone. Any frivolous activity should be a signal of things not following a productive course. AT THIS POINT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PREPARING FOR SOME REAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND REAL OPPORTUNITIES. Your reputation needs to reflect you character and focus on life . . . . and vice versa. Will you be ready to step forward?

SOME COMMENTS
Some consider this quadrant to be Saturn's most severe test. After this point you can fail or you can succeed, but there are no more chances for another twenty plus years. Take Saturn's transits through these houses very, very seriously. Dave
OK so my natal Saturn is in House 6 .......... but is currently transiting 9th ..... not sure for how much longer. Am engaged in study ...... but nothing formal ....... more of self awareness ....... would this count? Feeling lost on this one I'm afraid ....... does the natal Saturn house have anything to do with the transiting house?

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
We are making deliberate progress (a Saturn term) and I'm sure that some of you are anxious to compare your experiences with my observations about what might typically happen as Saturn moves thrue houses seven, eight and nine.

Saturn in the third quadrant urges you to DEFINE YOUR AWARENESS OF OTHERS (Marc Robertson) thru your projection of yourself and your values and your skills into the worlds that others inhabit. We are, afterall, considering Saturn in the traditional houses of partners, sharing, and extension of ourselves into the largest possible environments. So just what will the "definition of our awareness of others" lead us to?

Well, consider EXPECTATIONS! Emerging somewhat self-assured from our first and second quadrant experiences, we must have some expectations of what happens when we meet others. This is where REALITY comes into play. What reactions will we observe and experience. How might we COMPROMISE a situation so as to gain something without losing our balance? Not being just "alone" in terms of CONSEQUENCES for our actions or responses, we do have to look outward and to define our awareness of others.

So, using this circuitress logic, lets deal with some real definitions.

SATURN TRANSITING THE SEVENTH HOUSE
Define the meaning of what others mean to you while Saturn transits the 7th house. This may involve another person, several other persons, a wider span of people, the public as a whole. Do you know why you are interacting? Do you understand what others are doing? Is everyone's role acceptable to you?

Typical "rough spots" due to this transit may involve marriage problems, issues in business processes that don't work well, being frustrated by others who can't seem to understand you and your methods, a breakdown of understanding what each party wants. The end result is that one can both define success and define failure. In this sense the seventh house becomes an experience, an experience we move froward from and from which we gain new challenges to address.

I know that other aspects were likely at work, so I don't want to place all blame on Mr. Saturn, but I am simply noting what occured when transiting Saturn was taking a walk into my 7th house, Aquarius, at 17 degrees. That was end of April '92. There was a fire at my families place of business, it took the life of my brother and almost my mother. This is as my 1st Saturn cycle as it's on the tail end of wrapping up, I was 25 y.o. My relationship with my family was strained for a few years prior, especially my mother, things changed quickly after that.

dadsnook2000 said:
SATURN TRANSITING THE EIGHTH HOUSE
You tend to experience the 7th house, you now have to revert to typical Saturn processes when Saturn moves thru the 8th house. You have to now DEFINE THE SUBSTANCE OF YOUR AWARENESS OF OTHERS. Lets put this another way: Do you have preferences or dislikes about those you come into contact with? Are these preferences or dislikes based on facts and reasonable grounds . . . or are they adopted casually, carelessly, maliciously, as suggested by others, or through the deep and carefull interactions you have with others over time. How honest are you in judging and accepting yourself, others?

During this period it is a good policy to focus on groups having similar interests as yourself as this provides a more comfortable place to extend yourself and to receive others. You also have to assess what you experienced in the 7th and how it might fit or not fit with events and peoples encountered in the 8th house. In terms of normal 8th house stuff, define your policies about investments, taxes, spending commitments, ownership burdens of all sorts. What does loss, gain, change mean to you? Are you balanced? Is your ego defined and in check? Are you preparing yourself for real purposes?

I was having financial difficulties by the time transiting Saturn entered my 8th but only because (obviously) I had not been prudent in my financial dealings from years before. The end result for me was declaring financial bankrupcy. I was also experiencing a spiritual bankrupcy as well, was very down, and desparate to be a part of "something". I went back to the Catholic church (the faith I was raised in) and found a good amount of solace, in the beginning. This is about the time I was 30 y.o., so I had just completed the 1st Saturn cycle. Transiting Saturn conjunct natal Saturn.

dadsnook2000 said:

I was 32-33 y.o when the Catholic church lost its relevence for my, for a 2nd time in my life. At this point I was rather low in mode but fully employed (not happily) when an opportunity arised to go to beauty school. I had been also working weekends to help my mother at her salon and realized that with a permit or license, I could be more useful and legal. I began in May of 2000 when transiting Saturn entered my 9th house and walked all over my Sun, Moon, Mercury opposition Neptune natal aspect. It was a challenge being older and working with my hands which I never thought possible. I never intended to make it a full time thing, oh well. It was also at this time when I fell for someone who was completely inappropriate for me and unavailable. I made my emotional life very difficult for myself at this point. This is the beginning of the 2ND Saturn cycle, I believe. When transiting Saturn first walked into this house, it was 1969, I was 2 and this is about the time my dad died. So 1969 would be the beginning of Saturns 1st cycle for me. I thought it interesting that on the beginning of the 2nd, I fell in love with someone "not available" to me, I don't think this is happenstance. Dave, you said that my Sun, Moon, Mercury opp Neptune was a complex of sorts and to take another look at it. From what I can figure, I seem to want to relive or replace something of my father. A parent complex I need to always be aware of and how it is important it is for me to be good to myself.
By the time transiting Saturn left my 9th house (the 1st time) I had moved to the U.S. (later to become a citizen). And at the beginning of the 2nd Saturn transit cycle, when it finished its transit of this same house(9th) to my 10th(Gemini 14 degreesRX)I had my cosmetology license.

dadsnook2000

For huredriel

Whenever we look at a planet that is transiting, progressing, in solar or lunar return or in any other kind of chart that planet will always tend to carry its natal imprint with it. The natal version of a planet is a basic plan. As we go thru life, that plan is modified somewhat -- in some cases, quite a bit. But the basic plan is still there to some degree. So, yes, Saturn in the 6th will likely show up in some way as you experience Saturn transiting the 9th house.

Those houses being "square" to each other, we can expect that some of the skills and adjustments you learned from your natal Saturn may somehow be applied to the lessons you may be learning now. Your statement about learning more in terms of "self awareness" sounds good.

Remember, each of these topical areas we have been exploring is merely one small sentance of understanding among several. When we string them together they start to paint a picture for us.

Now, just a few comments about your chart. You are aware that Saturn is at the mid-point of Uranus-Neptune. By itself, this is a rather sour combination. However, Saturn is near your Mars and MC which provides more energy and direction at this point in your life -- and over the next two years the Sun will be involved. So now is the time to change some structural/family/habit patterns, bring some excitement into your life, and to team up with others who have lots of energy to help you along. Dave

Crystelle

dadsnook2000 said:
You have touched upon some of the complexities of reading a chart that many early-studies students have never yet realized. Charts are often read in "levels" wherein several related factors are considered both seperately and together. What you have described points to 1) Saturn in its overall cyclic position relative to its natal position, 2) Saturn moving through your own personal space -- the houses, and 3) Saturn in aspect to a natal planet (passing an opposition to natal Venus and a square to natal Jupiter, while approaching a conjunction with natal Moon). We can take a quick (not an in-depth) look at these components as a means of helping everyone to better understand the multi-complexities (Wow, is that a word?) of Saturn in a chart.

1) SATURN IN TERMS OF ITS OWN CYCLE.
Saturn is in the last quadrant of its own First Cycle, about 50 degrees from your Saturn return which you will start experiencing in 2011. You have been moving from a somewhat self-aware and self-directed way of living your life toward a period of review and questioning.

2) SATURN MOVING THROUGH YOUR PERSONAL HOUSES.
Saturn is moving thru your first house bringing with it a growing sense of having to define yourself, of finding what might have been lost, what might be needed, of how to cope with uncertainty and a sense that all things around you have changed and are testing you.

Now, compare the above two statements in terms of their "multi-complexity". You are sensing that you have to engage in a review of what you have so far accomplished and the manner in which you have lived your life. At the same time you already feel that "you are ahead of the worry-curve" and that you should already have figured this out. The result of these two out-of-sync feelings is something similar to what you should experience in/near 2011 when you have your Saturn Return.

3) SATURN CONTACTING NATAL PLANETS.
Natal Saturn is near the mid-point between your Moon and Mercury. As Saturn approaches the Moon, this natal pattern is activated. This can be expressed in many ways, among them -- Difficulty in thinking clearly, sad thoughts, wanting to solve problems, difficult and tedious work, seperation from women in your life (seperation as in not talking, loss of contact, etc.), and possibly moving into different places and situations.

Earlier, Saturn had squared your natal Pluto, and then Jupiter. Sudden change and/or loss or upheaval, followed by a need to make a decision about moving toward a gain of some sort versus holding onto to what you had. This certainly fit with the Saturn-in-its-own-cycle-meaning of operating in a self-directing mode, being conscious of your actions and results from them. But, you can check out these transit dates and relate them to your actual experiences at/around those times.

MULTI-COMPLEXITIES
What I've covered above is what the practiced astrologer would see and note when glancing at a chart. Several things are almost always operating at the same time. This is why I have repeated stressed in the Planet Series postings that we need to focus on keeping things simple, building upon a few key observations. Once we get into a chart, things like this start to fill in the details. If you start examining a chart and loading up your head with details you will quickly get lost.

This brings up another issue that I have mentioned from time to time. When reading a chart for a client who has questions, you may choose to just look at the various cycles of Saturn (as an example) because that is what relates to the questions the client poses. YOU MAY NEVER LOOK AT THE WHOLE CHART IN DETAIL because it just isn't needed. That surprises a lot of students, but it is true. In a given amount of time, and to fit the focus and attention span of the client, you can only sometimes cover so much ground.

I hope this has been helpful. Dave.

Dave, were these examples specific to me and my chart or just general examples? I think I;ve gotten a little left behind in this thread. Will go back over this in a little bit.

Sincerely
Crystelle

huredriel

While I am feeling lost and struggling with most of this (have not got a clue why my brain finds astrology so hard :() ...... this bit I totally get:

dadsnook2000 said:
Now, just a few comments about your chart. You are aware that Saturn is at the mid-point of Uranus-Neptune. By itself, this is a rather sour combination. However, Saturn is near your Mars and MC which provides more energy and direction at this point in your life -- and over the next two years the Sun will be involved. So now is the time to change some structural/family/habit patterns, bring some excitement into your life, and to team up with others who have lots of energy to help you along

I am actually trying to change lots and lots of cycles that are connected to childhood ....... and this in turn is starting to have an effect on the structure of my life ...... how I interact with family ..... and in the end will hopefully change habit patterns once and for all ...... have teamed up briefly with someone who's been helping me ...... though that will only be until the end of next week ...... then it's back to dealing with it solo again. Good to know that this is a *good* time to be doing this kinda stuff :)

Sour combination ...... perfect phrase for this kind of work btw!!

Also
dadsnook2000 said:
Some consider this quadrant to be Saturn's most severe test
Yep I definitely feel that this is one of the most daunting things I've undertaken so far in my life ........ and hope that I never have to go through it in such detail again!

WhiteRaven

Is there an easy method to use to find out when Uranus and Saturn are aspected? I'm in my second cycle with Saturn and trying to determine when Uranus would have impact on my chart but not sure how to do this.