RWS Tarot 101 Eight of Wands

PAMUYA

As I continue my journey through the Tarot deck, I come to the Eight of Wands.

What do you see in this card?

I see eight wands all in motion toward the same destinations. A sudden release of energy, perhaps the starting of an event, or some kind of communication. Maybe a swift beginning of a new romance, or the pain of jealousy. Maybe a latter to success, or to a new project. What ever it is things will happen swiftly, must be ready to act.

More on this card: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=53422

Direct: Opening lines of communication, events moving quickly, unexpected meanings/communications, climbing latter of success, love will find its mark, journey.

Reversed: Frustration/stagnation, lack of growth, arrows of jealousy, quarrels

ridercheung

the eight wands are divided into three group.
they have a same starting point and with the same direction.

rcb30872

Swiftness, fast moving, great velocity to an outcome. Whether that is outcome is what you actually want, is yet to remain to be seen. For example, say, you are driving in your car, and you want to get somewhere, and you are late, sure you might get there, but there seems to be little thought of what can happen on the way. You could get pulled over and given a speeding fine, you can crash your car and in that car crash you could cause a serious injury or death either to yourself or someone else.

I just think it is fast moving, yes, but it is also thoughtless, you might hurt someone in the process, what for? because of your own selfish reasons.

Again, say for example, the wands are like arrows, you know you want to hit your target, you might get lucky and get a bullseye, but you might not hit the target at all, you may fall short, you may overshoot, you may veer off on another complete direction.

Being hasty, in other words. Being in a rush to get to the finish line, and not taking the time and attention to think things through. A bit like the story about the hare and the tortoise, see what I mean?