Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Modern Spellcaster's Tarot aka Magical Spellcaster Tarot

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks


 
JeniReadsTarot's Avatar
JeniReadsTarot  JeniReadsTarot is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2016
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 26
JeniReadsTarot 
Study Group?


So do we have enough folks interested to start a study group? I'm planning on doing a blog post for every card, mostly to encourage myself to really dig into these as I just love them.

I'd be willing to start a study group thread (my first one!) if others are interested in discussing this deck. I'm very intrigued with the flipping of the elements and with all of the animals in this deck. I might actually get a handle on Aces and Court Cards now!
Top   #81
OaksWhispering  OaksWhispering is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 20 Feb 2014
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 285
OaksWhispering 

I am DEFINITELY interested in a study group for this deck.
Top   #82
JeniReadsTarot's Avatar
JeniReadsTarot  JeniReadsTarot is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2016
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 26
JeniReadsTarot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaksWhispering View Post
I am DEFINITELY interested in a study group for this deck.
Fantastic!

How many folks do we need to start one, do you think?
Top   #83
athenafletcher  athenafletcher is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 06 Jun 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 60
athenafletcher 

My deck arrived last week but I only got to open it now. I have yet to read with it but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. Sturdy magnetic box, the book looks interesting (the FEEL of the book is amazing) and Scott Murphy's art is, as expected, just lovely to behold. I love the rich use of colors, the expressions, and the diverse characters. The cardstock is not as fragile as I'd feared. Granted, I've been spoiled too much by MRP/Baba Studio decks, but the deck does feel good in my hands and shuffling it is a breeze. Glad I was enabled by several of you.
Top   #84
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniReadsTarot View Post
Fantastic!

How many folks do we need to start one, do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniReadsTarot View Post
So do we have enough folks interested to start a study group? I'm planning on doing a blog post for every card, mostly to encourage myself to really dig into these as I just love them.

I'd be willing to start a study group thread (my first one!) if others are interested in discussing this deck. I'm very intrigued with the flipping of the elements and with all of the animals in this deck. I might actually get a handle on Aces and Court Cards now!
Actually for a study thread I believe one only needs one person.
(as I know someone did a whole thread on a deck on their own).
And yes - I'd be interested.
So - just begin!
PM me that you've begun it so that I don't miss it.

I've just opened mine today - received as an Yule/Xmas request.
Wahey!

..shame about the thin cardstock though.
Top   #85
JeniReadsTarot's Avatar
JeniReadsTarot  JeniReadsTarot is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2016
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 26
JeniReadsTarot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
Actually for a study thread I believe one only needs one person.
(as I know someone did a whole thread on a deck on their own).
And yes - I'd be interested.
So - just begin!
Will do! (I've got a few readings backed up because.. Holidays.. but I will start it soon
Top   #86
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
Actually for a study thread I believe one only needs one person.
(as I know someone did a whole thread on a deck on their own).
Yes, it only takes one person to do a study group. I've completed two all by myself (the Mythic and the Ancient Egyptian), so it can be done.

With a deck like this one with strange symbolism and few explanations, the more people the better I'd think as the more ideas thrown around the more likely a workable explanation is to be found for some of the images in the deck (hooded squirrel, I'm talking to you!)....

Rodney
Top   #87
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
...With a deck like this one with strange symbolism and few explanations, the more people the better I'd think as the more ideas thrown around the more likely a workable explanation is to be found for some of the images in the deck (hooded squirrel, I'm talking to you!)....

Rodney
Yes - it's all rather interesting...

I love that there's a Dachshund in The Moon, The World is holding mistletoe, and there are crystals in the pot of the 7 Of Pents. Lol (that could be me).
I have to say it's rather wonderfully "modern spellcaster" (say's a modern spellcaster).
The Ace of Swords reminds me interestingly, of Maxine Sander's autobiography, Fire Child (Alexandrian Wicca), and the dog in the Page Of Pents - of my own favourite hound growing up at home (I had a liver coloured doberman. Somehow the dog's posture just captures him).

An exciting new ritual deck - and I think I'll be reading with it too. Hence, I can feel a 2nd deck coming on at some point...

Plus - I'm loving the multiracial mix.
Top   #88
Beancrew49's Avatar
Beancrew49  Beancrew49 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Dec 2016
Location: California
Posts: 317
Beancrew49 

I just got this deck and it looks fantastic. I'd be interested in a study group, but I'd like to read the companion book first. I hope there is information about all the symbols hidden throughout the deck because there are so many! If not, maybe that can be a topic of discussion.
Top   #89
tigerlilybug  tigerlilybug is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 19 Oct 2013
Location: In the Aquarius Moon
Posts: 594
tigerlilybug 

I'd be interested in a study group!
Top   #90




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.