Queen of Cups as relationship potential?

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi everyone,

I have been doing love readings for a gf who is unsure about a new potential mate. In all of my readings the outcome has not been clear at all..for me anyway. The last reading I did for the potential future of their relationship she got the Queen of Cups. I see the QOCs as someone who is nurturing, motherly, and loving. She also can be too sensitive, unrealistic, and moody, etc. I have also seen on other spreads that she can mean someone who has gotten their emotions organized but are waiting (since in the Gilded Tarot she is looking out to the world off a balcony)...so almost waiting for love to come...

To give some more info this relationship showed many many blocks. She is unsure about what to feel for him; he is unsure about what to feel for her; both are insecure and scared; and both have baggage (releases exes) they need to do.

So I am really stumped on the Queen being the outcome.

Thanks for your input!

Laurelle

They may end up emotionally helping each other heal from past relationships. The queen of cups is very nurturing and tender.

On the other hand, a court card in the outcome position can indicate that he will go with another woman who has the queen of cups personality. This usually happens when there are two courts in the same reading, ie two queens or two kings, etc.

Sometimes it can help if you post the entire reading in "your readings". The other cards in the spread paint a better picture of what is going on and help us interpret the outcome a little better.

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi Laurelle

Thanks for your input and advice.

The whole spread:

The relationship right now: death rx
Her feelings about the relationship: 7 of swords rx
Her potential partner's/feelings: queen of pentacles rx
Obstacles and blocks: knight of pentacles
Her best approach: 2 of swords rx
Potential future: queen of cups

To me, it looked like for whatever reason this relationship is blocked in moving forward and/or there is an inevitable end to it. I feel her feelings are showing someone who is very on guard, suspicious, and un-trusting. She is probably thinking about it a little too much. I feel his feelings are just out of balance, insecure, and maybe not that he is good enough (or he may be so high on his horse he doesn't think she is good enough). I see the knight of pentacles as an obstacle since it is a very slow, practical, and grounded energy. She may want to move fast but you get rush the knight of pentacles. Her best approach being the 2 of swords made me think she is so wrapped up in her mind that she has no idea what to do and has gotten into a stalemate. She needs to let it go and stopped focusing on it so much. And then at last we get the queen of cups.

Hope this helps, thanks again!