Storing the faeries

Guiding Cauldron

fae

faeries! i store my frouds deck in a handmade cream felt bag with a celtic tree of life design on the front and a lovely celtic gold embroidery on the edgeing and a drawstring closure. it seems they like simple!! i also added my fae coin in the pouch with ethm and they seem happy as anything! :)

Aximili

There's nothing quite like happy Fae :D

You are so lucky sunshineluvr! I wish I could make my own bags and even my own deck one day, but I have no talent in that area whatsoever. I'm not an artist.

Jewel

Aximili said:
I've just had a look at the Fae Tarot, but it left me cold. I find the Mystic Faerie more appealing. Thank you for the suggestion though :)
Too bad, that deck has the best suit of swords of any deck in my opinion. Some of the court cards are questionable, but as a reading deck it is one of my favorites. Not because it is faeries, when it comes to tarot my interests are quite diverse, it just happens to be a great tarot deck with Mara's world vision of faeries in it. Thank goodness there are so many decks out there, always something for everyone :D

Aximili

Normally I love manga and Anime styles, but that deck doesn't do anything for me. I know all about the diversity of the Tarot though :D

Jewel

Aximili, we were getting WAY off topic here so I sent you a PM so we could talk about tarot decks elsewhere *LOL*. Sorry Valeria, my bad!

Aximili

Yes, sorry Valeria. It won't happen again.

greenbeans

Aximili said:
As I said, I'm not actually that into Faeries....
Can't say I've heard of those books, but after Good faeries/Bad Faeries, I'll definitely check them out. I've also seen something called I think it was "Lady Cottingly's Book of Pressed Flower Faeries". Any thoughts on that?

Just had to jump in here and say (with evangelical zeal) that I LOVE Froud books! Not that everyone likes them, but if you like the artwork in the Oracle you will probably like his art books too.

The 'Lady Cottington' series is a humorous, light introduction to Faeries. Silly, rude and somewhat haunting tales of a girl who goes 'SQUISH!' when she catches the little blighters!

'Goblins!' introduced me to the chaotic, messy side of Faerie (also seen in the film Labyrinth which Froud had a hand in).

'Faeries' was my induction into the REAL folklore of fey in the UK, which is now one of my big interests actually.

'Good Faeries/Bad Faeries' and 'Runes of Elfland' present the Fae as actual beings whose stories and presence can help, guide and sometimes trouble us bewildered mortals. This idea surprised me at first, but I think the Oracle has brought me much closer to understanding the Fae. Now if only Brian would release the Runes Oracle he promised ages ago I'd be so happy!

OK, I'll stop evangelising now.

Guiding Cauldron

i can not believe what i'm doing!!

well i thought after posting here yesterday i would be done here, but for some reason i was compelled to read the whole thread practically! while reading this thread for some reason i just got my fae out in their felt bag and have them resting on my chest, cuddling them like it was my child! trust me I DONT DO stuff like that- its just so bizzare for words and yet is cracking me up at the same time! lol

glad u all here understand otherwise i'd be looked at like i was going bananas!! :)

Attachments

• august 2007 040.jpg
    august 2007 040.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 134
  • august 2007 041.jpg
    august 2007 041.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 139

greenbeans

that is a beautiful bag sunshineluvr! You have some lucky Faeries there to get the luxury hand-made treatment.

I use an oak-leaf patterened Tarot Totes bag, kind of natural and casual feeling, which goes with the feeling I get from my particualr Fae!

Jewel

OHHHHHHH Sunshinelvr, my faeries really like that coin you have in the second picture. Where may I find one??? They want one ... *LOL*