Serious Group Work with the Fae

Kahlie

FaeryGodmother said:
So this is where the "master" thread idea comes in. We sit back and have a really good think about who we feel either drawn to or like or even just to draw the fae that wants to work through/ with us. Once we have picked someone (or they have picked us) we post in the "master" thread about what work you and your partner fae want to accomplish. (eg healing, shadow work, helping others, helping the earth, etc etc.) Then in the master thread we connect with other human/ fae partnerships who are being drawn to work in the same area. In the master thread, and with the individuals who are feeling drawn to the same type of work, details can be worked out concerning how much participation each smaller group requires.

In principle, this sounds like a very nice idea... there are just some organizational problems... Especially as seeing from this thread, we don't have that many people who want to jump in.

What if you are drawn to a Fae, and none of the other people who want to do Group Work are? How many threads with just 1 participant are going to spring up? Is that useful?

Isn't it better to start working as a group with a topic and work from there to build up group energy? With a group of 3-5 you can have interesting insights in your own healing process as well as support for what you are going through... since topics can change, you can jump in to what you want for 2 weeks periods...

Kahlie

geministar

Hi Kahlie,

I must say, I really liked all the topics you posted, it would be hard for me to choose. Pyschic development, spiritual development and shadow work are some topics I really love and I like the world healing idea too.

Because of this I like Faery Godmother's idea of having several threads/topics running. If alot of people sign up we can form groups of 4-5 people by drawing out of a hat, similar to how Marion would do our faerie seeker circle. That way, groups are formed fairly and there are no classifications.

I also like variety so this is also why I like the idea of working on more than one group at a time, but then, would it be a bad thing if myself or others, are flitting from one thread to another all the time?

Kahlie

geministar said:
Hi Kahlie,

Because of this I like Faery Godmother's idea of having several threads/topics running. If alot of people sign up we can form groups of 4-5 people by drawing out of a hat, similar to how Marion would do our faerie seeker circle. That way, groups are formed fairly and there are no classifications.

Actually, the idea was to have several groups running at the same time. Most likely 2, that overlap, so people can work with both topics if they like or just one.

Then a week later, when one group ends, another springs up from a different topic with a different Fae.

geministar said:
I also like variety so this is also why I like the idea of working on more than one group at a time, but then, would it be a bad thing if myself or others, are flitting from one thread to another all the time?

Depends on what you wish to accomplish... Participating in more then one group is useful and I doubt it would be a problem.

Letting people open threads for their own groups, based on which Fae they are drawn too, and leaving them open-ended without any commitment to participate or 'end' a sub-topic nor with any sign-up is in my opinion not a very good idea.

If we are going to do serious work as a group, I'd rather we also have a serious opportunity with sign-ups and participation requirements as well as with somebody organising the topics/subtopics and signups.

Kahlie

Guiding Cauldron

hummm. lots 2 take in here :)

i liek the idea of the reading groups, BUT i got a VERY clear message from teh fae- they dont want to be grouped at all! lol I think whatever thread you start with first, may just want to randomly pick a fae to focus on for that time.

also i like the minimum of postings thing.... not necessarily every day but you still are staying involved with the group your in too and ALL are participateing which is crucial i think here.

just my 2 cents worth being added, lemme know when the sign ups are ready!! bless xx

Kahlie

sunshineluvr said:
i liek the idea of the reading groups, BUT i got a VERY clear message from teh fae- they dont want to be grouped at all! lol I think whatever thread you start with first, may just want to randomly pick a fae to focus on for that time.

also i like the minimum of postings thing.... not necessarily every day but you still are staying involved with the group your in too and ALL are participateing which is crucial i think here.

just my 2 cents worth being added, lemme know when the sign ups are ready!! bless xx

Thinking on starting sign ups tomorrow... for at least a week to see what's going to happen, instead of making a poll and waiting even longer ;)

I don't want to group the Fae either... the groups would be on topics we want to work on ;)

I was thinking on starting sign ups May 27- June 3rd for a 2 week Group focused on Healing, I'd just draw one Card for the group(s) to work on, as a main focus and move on from there... (Dunno which Fae will pop up)

And then June 3rd-June 10th the sign ups for a 2 week Group focused on Shadow Work... so that way, we have overlapping groups and if we have more people participating I can make sure that groups with different topics also have different people.

Kahlie

Jewel

Kahlie said:
Everything can be healing... a slight touch of our hand on somebodies shoulder, a lovely word that's whispered, a hug... but I understand what you mean... I take this in consideration or else I just plunge you in the Healing Group Head first... that should stun you long enough to stay in one place and piece ;)
I don't get stunned, I just ask a tons of questions *LOL*

Perhaps we should work with the Collective of Pixies from some guidance here, because after reading this thread I now feel like a Topsy Turvet ... not sure that it is a good thing *LOL*.

If someone will teach me healing, I would like to work on world healing, starting with the tree in back yard which looks like it is definetly going to die :(

Kahlie

Jewel said:
I don't get stunned, I just ask a tons of questions *LOL*

If someone will teach me healing, I would like to work on world healing, starting with the tree in back yard which looks like it is definetly going to die :(

Well, you can sign up on the Healing Group which signup is on now, or you can continue your personal vendetta to get me into more Fae work... ;)

If you want too I can open a Healing Thread for us and whoever wants to join... Healing the Tree sounds like good work. Strangely enough I'm finally able to get 'green' fingers after always killing plants off :p

Two plants that I wasn't able to water for a week and got into hot burning sun for a few days are responding with new leaves and shoots... so they made it!

I'm sure we can see what we can do about that tree!

Kahlie

Guiding Cauldron

want to sign up

hey kahlie and all

i want to sign up but better wait until i get back in town from biz trip. i leave tommorrow and wont be back for a week. keep me in your thoughts and send lots of love, light, protection, and success my way please :)

talk 2 ya when i get back. bless x

Jewel

Kahlie said:
I'm sure we can see what we can do about that tree!

Kahlie
Could we really?????? His name is Arbolon, and he is a 13 year old Silver Maple Leaf. He is about 22 feet tall, but quit growing about a year ago I guess. We had to cut 1/3 of him off as it was dead, and another major fork in the trunk looks as if it might almost be dead. That would leave him with only one of the 3 original splits from the main trunk. My hubby and I talk to him, I have asked the faeries to help, we have put stuff on him, we have followed the advice of a tree-doctor and cut the grass from around his base, put good soil, and mulch ... and we really wish we could save him. I think my husband is now accepting that Arbolon is not going to make it, but I am not ready to give up on him just yet. While there is life there is hope.

I did a reading for Arbolon using the "Gentle Wisdom of the Faeries" deck and Arbolon knows he is loved and that we are trying to take care of him, but if anyone would like to help me save him I would be grateful.

faerylvr

I will definately help with Arbolon.