What Faeries live in your home?

sagitarian

napaea said:
all has been quiet around here, with my fae....
gulp, we'll see how long that lasts! ;)

That's only b/c your fae are planning. LAUGHS. Lucky you!

sagitarian

he he

Ok, now I KNOW it's me sis's fae...this morning I was making breakfast for myself and my youngest girl,the toast fairy blessed me with making the toast land butter side up. LOL. OH and...I think they found some new fae friends...we now have the table fairies where almost everyone at least once during a meal (MULTIPLE TIMES FOR KIDS) ends up with one of their silverware, plate, or glass (sippie cups for kids) on the floor. Usually sliverware. The noise fairy also decided to visit me late last night, as I got up at 2 am to nurse my son (been up ever since) one of my daughters toys (an elmo abc talking toy) started playing. I sware I could just hear those lil dears laughing as I was shaking my head with a smile. I finally had to tell them to please stop as I didn't want them to wake up the rest of my household. As an update to the sippie cups, laughs, they have returned all but one. All well, guess they need something to play with. Probably made it into a castle or something. Laughs.

Alissa

Another one just showed up!

This weekend my husband and I discoverd another Faery here -- and this one came with something we bought again. (Is this a whole new avenue for the old "Buyer beware" adage???)

My husband ADORES mountain man stuff -- he loves the anachrnonistic mountain man shooting events (aka "rendezvous") and he has been gathering stuff over time to add to his mountain man gear.

Well, this Christmas, I bought him a really nice punched tin lantern. If you have no clue what this is, try to imagine a nice shiny metal can that you cut in half, and then punch a bunch of little holes in, then stick a candle inside and it illuminates the punch holes' pattern on the wall. (Except the lantern looks nicer than any old can, but you get the idea).

The punch hole pattern on the back of this loverly lantern is vaguely geometric shaped. And, this week, we finally got around to hanging the lantern here in the house and we were all excited to light a candle in it, and see the light patterns for the first time....

Now, imagine Alissa and her hubby standing with mutual arms crossed and staring at the wall together on Friday night, grinning (and slightly inebriated, btw) at the new lantern and it's candle, and feeling all pleased with ourselves.....

Hubby : (after a long pause) There's a skull.

Me : What?

Him : There's a skull! You can kinda see a skull, right there in the in the lights.

Me: (staring harder at the light pattern) Holy sh*#!? You're right!!

Hubby : What?

Me : You're right! (which makes us both start grinning) Look how this part makes 2 shadows for eyes, and down here is the mouth. (long pause while we look at a brand new fire face grinning on the wall). You've got a Faery in that lantern!

Him : (stares quietly at the grining skull shadows which shimmy as the candle flickers) Yeah, I think you're right.

Me: (putting 2 and 2 together, I start grinning and pointing) There is a FAERY in that lantern, and he is laughing at us! It's a Fire faery obviously. Just light a candle and the faery will appear!

Now, have you ever seen anything from the Mexican holiday the Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos i believe, if my Spanish is correct)??? This is right around Halloween, and is a day to bring food and wine to the graves for your ancestors, and to party with them. There are a lot of costumes associated with Day of the Dead, and they usually are a bunch of grinning skulls and skeletons.

Now, Dia de los Muertos skulls don't look scary (that's kinda the point of the holiday). And our new lantern looks just like a grinning skull from that holiday. It's not scary, I don't want to portray it as spooky, even though it is a grinning skull face. (Think Jerry Garcia and the Dead's dancing skeletons here if you don't believe me that skulls be fun).

But, as we know, the Fae have many faces and they aren't all pretty and nice. Personally, I really like this new Fae's face. Even if it is a flaming, grinning skull. Let's hope he scares away the meanies, and keeps our place lit with love.

sagitarian

HA! That's awesome! And I hope he does scare away the meanies and light your house with love and joy too! love yous!

Alissa

A ~bump~ for the new folks who hopefully will tell us about the Fae in their lives..... :D

Imagemaker

Three I can think of right off:

the Wood Grain Faery in one of our inside doors--rather fierce and glaring, watching who enters the upstairs rooms.

the Birch Fae in our trees in the front yard--again, they are alert and watching who comes and goes around the woods. Many are suspicious and beetle-browed, some are comical and welcoming.

the Woodstove Singers, who click and clatter their rhythm for dancing as the black iron warms from a fire.

Moonbow

The Kitchen Fea

I leave my kitchen tidy every morning when I go to work. It's something I am very particular about. All the work tops are clear and clean as is the sink, draining board and floor. I go to work happy :)

When I come home you would think a houseful of teenagers had been in the kitchen!!! There are dirty plates, cups, food particles on the surfaces. Stains on the floor. Piles of dirty washing in front of the washing machine (somehow it didn't quite make it into the washing machine). :mad:

Its not the kids ....... they haven't been in there!!! Haven't touched the food or spilt anything!!! ;)

So I am left with thinking its the Kitchen Fae.... my only wish is that they put the tea on while they were there :p

There is also one who hides the garage keys..... usually in the garage - tricky little blighter this one! I usually have to wait til my husband comes home with another set of keys before I can get food out of the freezer.

Laura Borealis

We also have the sock-eating pixies (as we call them). I cannot keep a matching pair of socks, so I have taken to buying the same kind all the time. Our sock-eaters are in the bedroom, not the dryer; we go to the laundromat, where bleach spill goblins lurk, ready to stain my dark clothes with pale streaks.

13thFaeChylde

I have jewelry-loving fae, but I think they're fairly common amongst faeries!

Every other day, seems like some shiny bauble of someone's has vanished. This morning it was my son's. He had bought a lucky rabbit's foot pendant at the pow-wow this past weekend....took it off when he was getting ready for his bath...put it on the table ~ and this morning it was gone.

The pups were in the crate ~ I didn't move it ~ and his sister was already preoccupied with a movie, so she never went back into the room.

Usually they just take *one* of my earrings, which is kind of endearing, I guess :) I made a "lost earring" tree out of the ones I have left, hoping to appease them....

Melissa`

Our most recent faerie inhabitant would have to be.. the bill hiding faerie.

Now I have said many many times that I wish I didn't have them.. Or groan when I go to the mailbox to find only bills. But I don't want them to be late! haha

I sat down after work this morning to write a few checks only to find that three bills were missing.. I know they were there when I went to work.. Andrew wasn't home, he was the Dj at work tonight..

We also have the clutter faerie.. Everyday the pile of clutter is worse, never home.. don't know where it comes from.

Then the dish faerie.. Do we really use that many dishes? lol

Shoe faerie... I could have sworn I bought two shoes last week :D

Then there is the Taunt-a-kitty faerie.
Ever seen a kitten wake up from a sleep, startled.. then chase something unseen until it runs head first into a wall to a dead stop? Its funny, but poor poor kitty..

:D