the urnash tarot

Faolainn Storm

These are STUNNING!! It is rare that I like "modern" decks, just not my style, but these are really good. I can't wait for them to be published.

Faolainn Storm

Alta

I also find your takes on the cards to be modern and very worthwhile.

Egypt Urnash

2 of Pentacles (warning, heavy 'clashing colors' may be painful)

I'm glad to hear that folks who've been a lot deeper into Tarot than me are liking this take on it. I'm learning a lot along the way but there's only so much I can pack into my head at once. A lot of the details come from intuition, from a stray comment that resonates, from a passing mood.

And if I can get people who normally hate modernized decks to covet this, I must be doing something right.

Oh, and this is the halfway mark, if anyone's counting besides me.

Egypt Urnash

3 of Pentacles

When you're showing off the ringworld you made, I think you're allowed a little pride and conceit.

Strange2

Egypt Urnash said:
2 of Pentacles (warning, heavy 'clashing colors' may be painful)

I'm glad to hear that folks who've been a lot deeper into Tarot than me are liking this take on it. I'm learning a lot along the way but there's only so much I can pack into my head at once. A lot of the details come from intuition, from a stray comment that resonates, from a passing mood.

And if I can get people who normally hate modernized decks to covet this, I must be doing something right.

Oh, and this is the halfway mark, if anyone's counting besides me.

Congrats on reaching the halfway point with your deck, and the 2 of Pentacles seems quite appropriate for this milestone.

You are definitely doing something right! I find the images very lively, fresh, sensual. They have an energetic "pop" that evokes immediate reaction and interaction, which is perfect for the purposes of a tarot deck.

Looking forward to each new card. Thanks!

Little Hare

The more i see of this deck and your work the more i like. What a fantastic deck

Thanks so much for posting more images :heart:

Egypt Urnash

0 of VOID

The 0 of VOID is a pip card. It is simultaneously no suit and all suits. It is a reminder that the unformed void lies beneath all four elements; that the world is an infinitely complex and unknowable place. It is the pre-Big Bang monobloc.

It has no elemental associations. It has no astrological associations. The void was there before the constellations were lit, and will be there when the last one burns out.

It is emptiness; how will you fill it?

Divinatory meanings (tentative): The Butterfly Effect, chaos, raw unformed possibility. Potential. Things are about to happen, and might happen fast. If ill-dignified, it is 'analysis paralysis', illusions of conspiracy, insignificance. Cluster****.

I realized I miscalculated due to some file-tagging errors on my part. And added this today, to balance out the 99s. This is the 43rd completed card.

I think it's appropriate.

Egypt Urnash

6 of Pentacles

If anyone has suggestions for references with interesting perspectives on the Court cards, I'd love to have them. They're lying there in my progress chart as a big lump of untouched cards, waiting for me to find the right sideways angle to look at them from. There's something in them that I don't see yet and can't fake my way around.

Egypt Urnash

10 of Pentacles

SO IMMENSE SHE BREAKS OUT OF THE FRAME!

Although actually I'm thinking more and more that I want to do this as a full bleed. We'll see what printers can manage.