the urnash tarot

Kenny

These cards are beautiful!

Keep up the work.

Egypt Urnash

2 of Swords

Thanks, Kenny! I'm on the downhill side now. Except for figuring out the Court. Which is starting to see some progress in my notes and doodles...

Gooneybird

I'm so glad to see you're still going with these!

I love that 10 of pentacles.

I have to ask- was the 2 of swords inspired by Kill Bill? :D

Astraea Aurora

I admit I'm a silent observer but I like your modern take on the cards. :thumbsup: I really like the Two of Swords and try to figure out why she wears a bridal dress and how that shapes the actual meaning(s).

Keep on going!!

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Egypt Urnash

The girl in 2S was not inspired by Kill Bill, though someone asks that everywhere I post it. That is, however, the Man with No Name off in the distance. (If I was doing an oracle deck, the MWNN would totally be one of the persona archetypes I'd put in the MA-like cards.)

Mostly her dress wandered in from the festivities over in 2C; she might have stolen it. I felt like there was some (broken) innocence going on in this card, and bridal white is something of a signifier for it. It might change in the long run; these cards are a weird mix of Crowley, RWS, and my own whim!

I've got to pause temporarily due to flying back to New Orleans for a death in the family. Long story. I have sketches to play on my laptop with so there'll hopefully be a few cards somewhere in the next week, but a possible funeral + Jazz Fest + no scanner is going to mean a hiccup in my schedule. Luckily there's some slack in it for just this sort of unforseen event.

Also, I put the 10P on a shirt after a request.

Egypt Urnash

9 of Swords

I should be cranking these out at high speed again in a couple of days. Woo!

Egypt Urnash

Ace of Swords

The unexpected vacation is over, and the Great Work (hah) resumes.

As I read Greer/Little's book on the Court cards, I find myself wondering if my addition of the 0 of Void needs to be balanced by a Void Court. Dunno. It's more work but if it still feels like a good idea after I've done a chunk of the usual courts, I guess I'll have to do it.

OnePotato

Hello EA.

I just wanted to speak up to say I think this is a marvelous deck.
You have a very nice touch, and I expect the thing will really shine when it comes together as a whole.

Bravo, and keep up the good work!

Scarlet27

Hi there :)
I just wanted to say: GREAT JOB!!
I'm not sure about the sax in the Judgment, though I think it gives the card a little something. The whole concept of each card is very nice and well defined.
I definitely would buy it.

:)

Hugs and congratz.

-Jime-

Egypt Urnash

4 of Swords

Thanks!

I was just looking at my directory full of completed cards and deciding that it does work together - in particular I was looking at the three Aces I've done so far: swords, cups, and pentacles. It really kinda surprised me; I'm focusing tightly on these as individual cards as I do them. Patterns emerge even in the ones I haven't made so deliberately similar as the Aces.

As to the sax, well - a horn's a horn, I figure, and we may as well have a rousing jazz funeral for the whole universe instead of a mournful Christian ceremomy!