Your Favorite Lenormand?

Le Fanu

I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on the Mystical, as that's the only one I've got at the moment. (Until Melissa gets here). Which is the most 'pared down' in your opinion, and therefore best, I take it? I mean, the best version that is a cheap, mass market version, not hard to find.
Oh gosh, no time now. Must go and help with dinner! :) But it's not a question of the best, just a question of a style of reading I prefer. Some decks really seem clean and sharp to me, others fuzzy and overloaded. I don't like the tendency now for Lenormands to become taroty. It bothers me. I mean, I'm not a Luddite or anything, I'm all for progress but for going into trances and interpreting symbols and making leaps of the imagination, inspired connections, I prefer tarot. :D

With Lenormands I prefer the rather mathematical, formulaic (in a good sense) mode of reading (i.e anchor + mice + coffin = what?). I think the LoS Lenormand Oracle (the red box one), trimmed is perhaps the cheapest, mass market undistracting Lenormand in my opinion. Not even with playing cards inset. But we're all different...

jackdaw*

Piatnik. I guess I'm one of those who likes the "formula" of Lenormands, and so I don't care for distracting symbolism. Despite that, I do like playing card inserts. No reason, I just like 'em, I keep vaguely thinking I'll do something with them someday ...

Essjay

I think it's the Mystical, Melissa and the Lilac for me :)

MoonGypsy

Melissa 2nd ed, Pixie and the Mystical for me. Oh how i wish i had a Lilac Twilight, though, but i had to miss out on that one, because of bad timing...

i used to have the first edition Melissa, but i actually find i prefer the 2nd, as i adore the backs and the tin.:D

i ADORED my Astrological Lenormand, but i no longer have it...
i am running an ISO for it...

DownUnderNZer

Blue Owl (Uranian Version) for TRADITIONAL and I really love the MYSTICAL for the artwork as well as Titania.

Only ever use BLUE OWL, but am about to give the MYSTICAL a go soon (one deck boxed away and two more ordered) and Titania when I get them all in the post. :)

Ashtaroot

Some decks really seem clean and sharp to me, others fuzzy and overloaded. I don't like the tendency now for Lenormands to become taroty. It bothers me. I mean, I'm not a Luddite or anything, I'm all for progress but for going into trances and interpreting symbols and making leaps of the imagination, inspired connections, I prefer tarot. :D

With Lenormands I prefer the rather mathematical, formulaic (in a good sense) mode of reading (i.e anchor + mice + coffin = what?). I think the LoS Lenormand Oracle (the red box one), trimmed is perhaps the cheapest, mass market undistracting Lenormand in my opinion. Not even with playing cards inset. But we're all different...

I am right there with you Le Fanu :thumbsup:

My fav right now
Dondorff
Pixie
Blue owl
Lilac
Piatnik
I really like the LS but they are on the larger side.. Maybe I need to trim ..never thought about it until Le Fanu mentioned it.
Personally I like the clear and simple.. Especially when you are doing a big spread.. You want to have a clear picture.

Le Fanu

Here are my LoS ones trimmed and scanned! I think they're much better...

Attachments

• scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 232

Carla

Oh, I should have bought a Postmark Lenormand, now they're sold out!

vee

Oh, I should have bought a Postmark Lenormand, now they're sold out!

Melissa said, at least a few months ago, that she was probably going to do another edition of that so I just bought the Melissa. I surely hope she does!

Edit: And my favorite is Pixie's, although I don't have very many. Is Titantia's Fortune Cards a Lenormand? I love that set too because I love bright, obnoxious colors.

Carla

Melissa said, at least a few months ago, that she was probably going to do another edition of that so I just bought the Melissa. I surely hope she does!

I hope she does, too, because now that I'm actually trying to use the Lenormand for divination, I see the advantage of keeping them as clean and simple as possible!