Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

Erzebet

I know I asked this before but I can't remember a response, did I miss it? I mean about where and how to register on the Touchstone site!

Though I did read the surprise is beta testing for the cell phone deck and I don't own a cell phone! :(

All is one maybe your right! Getting that HS card may be a sign this IS my deck :D

morticia monroe

Erzebet,

I don't kow if you can register via the site, but if you look at the slip of paper that tells about registration you will see an e-mail address. I simply sent an e-mail to Kat giving her my name, address, and deck #. I heard back from her within 2 days.

All Is One

Erzebet said:
All is one maybe your right! Getting that HS card may be a sign this IS my deck

Al I know, Erzebet, is that I wish I was the one who continued to turn up the Happy S card! As I said, it came up within the first few readings, but not since.

I would certainly not take it out of my deck.... :) :) :)

Note: I decided to leave the other extra card in my Touchstone deck also. It is the "From The Author" that came inside the deck, not the one with my deck number and Kat's signature on it...a copy of that card without my deck number. I'm going to write my deck number on it myself "250" or not.

Not decided that yet.

But the card is so beautiful. I can figure out what it will mean in a reading, but haven't turned it up yet!

**more shuffling...more shuffling**

retrokat

Erzebet said:
I know I asked this before but I can't remember a response, did I miss it? I mean about where and how to register on the Touchstone site!

Though I did read the surprise is beta testing for the cell phone deck and I don't own a cell phone! :(

If the Registration Slip is missing there should also be a business card with my email - just email me your name and deck #. Don't worry, you won't need a cellphone for what I'm going to ask the LE family to test next month :)

morticia monroe

All Is One,

I keep getting the ten of wands,,burden,,, and Anne Of Cleves, the one whom Henry thought was so smelly and ugly and horse-faced even his grotesque self wouldn't have anything to do with her...:)

Kimber

retrokat said:
I used a portrait of Anne with a 'B' necklace (there are a few) as the early draft for Queen of Swords, but ended up abandoning it as the deck evolved and I committed to only using realistic (not stylised) paintings. All the paintings of Anne are more in the English style of the time, not very realistic.

I see. She would have bee perfect for the Queen of Swords! Witty, ascerbic, flirtatious, and strong willed. What Henry initially loved about her ended up her undoing.

retrokat

morticia monroe said:
I keep getting the ten of wands,,burden,,, and Anne Of Cleves, the one whom Henry thought was so smelly and ugly and horse-faced even his grotesque self wouldn't have anything to do with her...:)

And thus she got called 'sister' and got to keep her head :D I think she had a lot to cope with, but did it well. Hence why I chose her for that card. The short meaning in the book will be:

Meanings: A heavy load to bear. Responsibilities are weighing you down. You have taken on so much – perhaps it is time to share the burden before you cause yourself permanent injury.

Reversed: Cast down your heavy load. Throw off the shackles of oppression. If you stay in a bad job or destructive relationship without any improvement, it is no benefit to anyone.

PS - I don't read reversed, but am including reversed meanings for those who do.

All Is One

Morticia Monroe said:
I keep getting the ten of wands,,burden,,, and Anne Of Cleves, the one whom Henry thought was so smelly and ugly and horse-faced even his grotesque self wouldn't have anything to do with her...

I just love this card. She looks like she can handle absolutely anything. She is so lovely and serene.

I'm quite sure there is a real tale behind Kat's choice of person for the card, yet, the art of the card is so attractive. I want that gown, that crucifix, and yes....I'll even carry the Wands for her.

Serenity and acceptance in the face of enormous burden. And holding fast to the love you know is within.

Look at the face, and look at the burden!

The things Henry would say and do to get rid of some woman he was done with....does she look unattractive to you?

I'm having dinner with the Page of Swords...be back soon ;~)

morticia monroe

retrokat said:
And thus she got called 'sister' and got to keep her head :D I think she had a lot to cope with, but did it well. Hence why I chose her for that card. The short meaning in the book will be:

Meanings: A heavy load to bear. Responsibilities are weighing you down. You have taken on so much – perhaps it is time to share the burden before you cause yourself permanent injury.

Reversed: Cast down your heavy load. Throw off the shackles of oppression. If you stay in a bad job or destructive relationship without any improvement, it is no benefit to anyone.

PS - I don't read reversed, but am including reversed meanings for those who do.

Yes, she dealt very wisely with that burden,,knowing what and who she was dealing with and bowing out gracefully where others had fought and lost. I thought she was perfect for the card. I am enjoying this deck so much.

ETA: Unfortunately, I am the Anne Boleyn type. Like Anne, I would have foolishly fought him tooth and nail, realizing too late that I had pushed too far and ended up headless. It's something in my life I've really had to work on....

retrokat

All Is One said:
The things Henry would say and do to get rid of some woman he was done with....does she look unattractive to you?

Holbein nearly lost his head over this one though - for making her more attractive than Henry deemed her to be when she showed up. She was buxom (Henry liked 'em petite) and had some pock-marks that weren't shown by Holbein, and she was totally clueless about sophisticated English/French courtly dress - but there's no evidence to suggest that she really was as repulsive as Henry insisted. I suspect her Ladies in Waiting did nothing to help her get with the fashions and manners of the court, either, and she only spoke German so couldn't have kept up with all the courtly intrigue.

The relationship between Holbein, Erasmus and Henry must have been fascinating. Erasmus (look familiar? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus ) got Holbein in with the English Court but then was disappointed that Holbein took money from patrons and didn't always do the work. Not that artists in Court got paid very well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artists_of_the_Tudor_court

It certainly would have been a fascinating (and dangerous) time to live.

PS - if you're lurking here Derek, I am working on the book, I promise :p