Melanchollic's "Simple Cross" Spread

Bernice

Cheers Mel. I saw them earlier but couldn't make the colours out. Thought that the pic would be clearer.

I 'captured' the post and switched the colours around = now I see them nice and clear!

I've been trying this spread out. Elegant - simple (pure) - exquisite!
Has your 'signature' all over it :)

Many thanks,

Bee

SolSionnach

Bernice said:
Cheers Mel. I saw them earlier but couldn't make the colours out. Thought that the pic would be clearer.

I 'captured' the post and switched the colours around = now I see them nice and clear!

I've been trying this spread out. Elegant - simple (pure) - exquisite!
Has your 'signature' all over it :)

Many thanks,

Bee
Hey Bee, perhaps now it's time for you to make up some kind of image with those attribs, and post it to your BLOG. :D :D :cool4:

frelkins

Ok Mel you know I never get it until I do an example. See the tirage below, another friend asks me the age-old question "what are his intentions toward me now?" And yes they are semi-dating in real life (in NYC who has a normal relationship like, ever? :) ):

http://picasaweb.google.com/frelkins/Cards/photo#5238985830380568258

Since the spread positions' elemental assignments change according to the top card, card 3, the "divine," as I understand your method, I labeled each accordingly so the dignity would be clear.

Thus I interpret this as saying, Hanged Man, he's tired, he needs to take a break, but the card is well-dignified, earth in earth, nothing bad, just let him rest a couple of days, he's exhausted.

However, her card, Death, water in air, is neutral, she fears his tiredness is a change of heart, she's insecure.

Card 3, the Sun, fire in fire, always well-dignified, being divine, reminds her that this relationship is all good at core, things are actually, well, sunny, and she should be too! :)

Card 4, the long-term Devil is fire in water. . .she needs to avoid becoming dependent and obsessive. What now is mere worry could grow to harm her and the relationship if she doesn't gain some self-esteem and more balanced attitude.

Ok, Mel, is this right? Please everyone, chime in with comments on the procedure & method! :)

Sinduction

I have to laugh at the word "simple!" I've read through this thread, and the links twice now and have no idea what's going on. I feel like it's all written in another language.

I will try again. :(

Hooked on TdM

Don't worry Sinduction, you are so not alone in that one! I've read it more than that and still can't wrap my brain around it! :bugeyed:

Hooked

frelkins

Sin & HoT:

I think that once you subtract the "new math" from Mel's explanation, it's pretty simple after all. I agree tho' a basic list of Trumps & their elemental attributions would probably be more helpful in practice than his diagrams, as charming as they are.

Let me see if I can summarize - I might be wrong:

Step 1

a. Get a good question from the sitter.

b. Lay out 4 Trump cards from your fave TdM or historical deck in the shape of the cross:

--3--
1---2
--4--

The "position meanings" are quite general & vague: 1, the sitter or issue. 2, information on the other person involved, or the environment affecting the sitter's question. 3, the divine, the cosmic influences. 4, the long-term result, possibly outcome, not necessarily the "future."

This is all context, based on the question. Nothing hard n fast.

Step 2

a. Determine how the cards interact based on elemental dignity. Look at Mel's list in post 9 of this thread to see what elements he associates with each Trump, or use the ones from Supertarot if you like those better, or even make up your own! Get a list.

b. Note the elemental attribution of each card either verbally or write it down.

c. Use these to assign the elemental positions. The positions have elemental attributes too. Assign them clockwise to each position according to card 3.

So if card 3 is an Air card, position 3 becomes an Air position. Card 3 is always well-dignified and the tirage takes its elemental "spin" from that point. The elements always go clockwise, Earth, Fire, Water, Air.

Thus if card 3 is an air card, the positional attributions would be: 1 - Fire, 2 Water, 3 Air, 4 Earth.

d. Now compare the positional element with the card's element. If they are good, slightly good, neutral, slightly bad, or all bad (ill dignity), based on elements. A fire card in a water position is ill-dignified, for example - ill-dignified cards may have reverse meanings, blocked meanings, whatever, again, based on context. Consult Mel's dignity chart in this thread.

Step 3

a. Answer the question by looking at cards 1&2.

b. Read those cards together to make a sentence that applies to the sitter's issue.

Step 4

a. Offer the "divine perspective." Explain that card 3 is always helpful to the sitter.

b. Explain how card 3, always well-dignified, helps the client or gives advice to aid them.

Step 5

a. Following the advice of card 3, should give you the long-term as described by card 4, unless card 4 is ill-dignified, in which case, card 3 will also illuminate how to avoid an unfavorable outcome (as much as possible! :) ).

Ok Mel if I've made any mistakes, pls. correct! :D

Bernice

Hello people :)

I have a 'quick reference' page for Mels Tirage-en-Croix spread. I see that there is more to come for this spread... so this is just a basic 'at-a-glance' page that I've printed out. (Also done a modified one for playing cards).

It's here:

http://tazmaria.multiply.com/photos/album/2#4

Bee

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
Hello people :)

I have a 'quick reference' page for Mels Tirage-en-Croix spread. I see that there is more to come for this spread... so this is just a basic 'at-a-glance' page that I've printed out. (Also done a modified one for playing cards).

It's here:

http://tazmaria.multiply.com/photos/album/2#4

Bee

Lovely job Bee,

The Hermit should be Water, and Justice should be Earth though.

Of course any set of elemental correlations will work.

:love:

Sinduction

Thank you frelkins for that wonderful explanation! I think after reading that I am more able to grasp what is going on here. I'm going to go back to the beginning now and see if I can get more of it.

And bernice, that page is fantastic!

Thank you both for the help :D

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's lost!

Melanchollic

frelkins said:
Ok Mel you know I never get it until I do an example. See the tirage below, another friend asks me the age-old question "what are his intentions toward me now?" And yes they are semi-dating in real life (in NYC who has a normal relationship like, ever? :) ):

http://picasaweb.google.com/frelkins/Cards/photo#5238985830380568258

Since the spread positions' elemental assignments change according to the top card, card 3, the "divine," as I understand your method, I labeled each accordingly so the dignity would be clear.

Thus I interpret this as saying, Hanged Man, he's tired, he needs to take a break, but the card is well-dignified, earth in earth, nothing bad, just let him rest a couple of days, he's exhausted.

However, her card, Death, water in air, is neutral, she fears his tiredness is a change of heart, she's insecure.

Card 3, the Sun, fire in fire, always well-dignified, being divine, reminds her that this relationship is all good at core, things are actually, well, sunny, and she should be too! :)

Card 4, the long-term Devil is fire in water. . .she needs to avoid becoming dependent and obsessive. What now is mere worry could grow to harm her and the relationship if she doesn't gain some self-esteem and more balanced attitude.

Ok, Mel, is this right? Please everyone, chime in with comments on the procedure & method! :)

It works for me. You got it down.

frelkins, do you ever get bored with all these people asking relationship questions? That all I ever get over here! I want something different!! :(