Cards that symbolize abused and abusive people? Situations?

Sunchild

In my opinion I think the Emperor reversed symbolizes a physically abusive man.
The King of PENTACLES symbolizes a verbally/mentally abusive man.

I think the 8 of swords symbolizes an abusive situation, where as the devil represents an abusive relationship.

What do you think? Do you agree or have any other card suggestions?

Also, which cards do you think represents a woman/girl being abused (physically, emotionally, mentally)?

ana luisa

SOO many cards could relate to abuse. First, you have to establish what type of abuse. Don't forget it could also be self-inflicted... Also, the source of abuse (from rage, alcohol, beating, harrassment, etc). For instance, if you couple the ace of cups rx and the Tower, you get abuse after alcohol abuse. Even the 8 of wands can relate to constant beating/puching. You do need to see the adjoining cards and the whole spread situation.

Libra289

Maybe Devil or 8 of Swords

Nikita_

The Devil, for all sorts of abusive situations. I also heard a case being made once for the 6 of cups as abuse issues in childhood....I imagine with other supporting cards....though I can't say I've found it as that myself...

Sunchild

The Devil, for all sorts of abusive situations. I also heard a case being made once for the 6 of cups as abuse issues in childhood....I imagine with other supporting cards....though I can't say I've found it as that myself...

Yeah, it's true. I was abused as a child and I always get the 6 of cups reversed, along with other cards I can't seem to put together. I should ask about that in a new thread. Thank you for your input!

HeatherRose

I have had the Page of Swords show up for someone who had an abusive childhood.
And not exactly abusive, but sometimes meaning a bully or a young child/tween who has extremely combative behavior and can possibly be abusive to those around them in either a verbal or physical way.

SuperSirius

I agree that there are many cards that can represent abuse. I feel as though it would strongly depend upon the supporting cards and spread to determine if any card actually does represent abuse in any given situation.

Grizabella

I've seen abuse in the cards but I don't remember which cards were in the spread. I know it was 8 of Swords and Devil but I don't remember which other cards were there. It's interesting to see it as a topic here. I should have made more note of it at the time. And it's very interesting that people see it with reversed 6 of Cups to refer to childhood abuse.

annabel398

Verbally abusive? That would be the Sword courts, reversed, for my money. That cutting tongue, and the observant sword king or queen knows exactly where all the sore spots are and how to slip the knife in.

I sometimes see 7 swords as the addict mind... "getting away with something," stealing from your own family, stuff like that.

9 cups Rx can be jolly Uncle Hal, who's funny when he drinks, until suddenly he isn't funny at all, but a mean old bastard...

Metafizzypop

I usually get the 6 of Wands for a bully.