Similar decks to the Playing Card Oracle?

Bhavana

the Creepy Doll deck is pretty expensive. I am not big on photos, but it would be something I would like - I am more than a little creeped out by dolls, and could never understand why someone would collect them. I used to deface and dismember my dolls as a kid - I'd cut off all their hair and use a pen to write on and gouge out their faces...(I swear I could have retired on the value of all the Madame Alexander dolls I had if I hadn't destroyed them all) I guess with all I put my dolls thru, I must have felt some guilt, because then I would have nightmares about them coming to life, disembodied heads and other body parts, always coming to get me. Nightmares so bad that I can vividly recollect them today. So the Creepy Doll deck is right up my alley.

I couldn't find the Pickle deck.

Kalliope, I use my PCO almost every day. It's a great deck! I suppose we can talk about it here --- Where can I find your blog?

kalliope

Garmonbozia, thanks for the Kickstarter links. I like the Trifecta deck! I also found (and just backed!) a deck called the Genesis series, which will be printed by Bicycle if funded. I like the 3D parchment look to the cards, and LOVE the card back design.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/603154302/genesis-aboriginal-playing-cards-by-tpx-designs/posts

FYI: the Genesis title seems to reference the biblical genesis, and there is some biblical text in the background on some of the cards (most NOT in English). Although I'm not religious at all, I didn't find it too off-putting on the Joker card that's shown on the updates page (with the snake and apple), and I like the art enough, so I went for it.

Bhavana, I'm glad to hear someone else is using the PCO deck regularly! As for my poor neglected blog, you can find it by clicking on my username and choosing "Visit kalliope's homepage!" but I STILL haven't finished converting my journal entry on my PCO reading into a blog post yet! I haven't posted there in months, but you've given me a small kick in the pants to finish up that draft and get it online.

Edited to add: Ta-da! I actually posted something on my blog!

garmonbozia

Bhavana,
Yeah, the creepy doll deck is a little pricey, buy I pledged for one anyway, as it's too unique, creepy, and hiliarious. Not a lot of backers so far, so it's chances look grim.
The Pickle deck is the first thing that pops up when I search for "Pickle". I PMed you the direct link.

kalliope,
you're welcome! I am backing the Genesis deck as well. I really like the card backs.

garmonbozia

wow!

Check out the cards for a card game on Kickstarter called "Plague".

stunning. and very cool.

I didn't even read about the game play or watch the videos before I pledged. I'll let it be a surprise.

garmonbozia

Victorian Fantasy Playing Cards

Check these out on Kickstarter.

kalliope

The Victorian Fantasy deck looks nice. I also like the same artist's already funded Fairy Tale Art deck. Thanks!

Metafizzypop

Here's a couple of playing card decks I like to use for cartomantic readings. The first attachment is the Emily Strange deck. In all honesty, I don't think the art is great, but it does have the coolness factor going for it. It's hard to find pictures of this deck on the web for some reason.

The other deck is the Tragic Royalty. It has the weirdness factor going for it.

Attachments

• Emily Strange PC.jpg
    Emily Strange PC.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Tragic Royalty PC.jpg
    Tragic Royalty PC.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 119

garmonbozia

EclecDeck Transformation Playing Cards

There's a Transformation deck on Kickstarter at the moment. Looks like a good one.
called "EclecDeck Transformation Playing Cards". why am i such a sucker for these?

There are actually several interesting fully illustrated decks on Kickstarter right now. Take a look at these too:

The Ultimate Zombie Playing Cards Deck

Storyteller Cards: A Playing Card Deck To Inspire Creativity

and these interesting round Indian playing cards:

Ganjifa Indian Playing Cards

garmonbozia

Caravan of See'ers

this deck on Kickstarter until Sept 20. Playing card deck with meanings and silhouette images on the pips cards. pretty cool. take a look.

ghost271

Caravan of See'ers

this deck on Kickstarter until Sept 20. Playing card deck with meanings and silhouette images on the pips cards. pretty cool. take a look.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Very nice looking deck and am waiting to hear from the artist.