Book T Minors: Libra

Teheuti

"The gentle influence of Moon on Libra fiery air, restores and pacifies."
From "The Tree of Life on the Tarot in the Four Worlds"

I don't get the "fiery air" unless that refers to Libra's being Cardinal or that Chochmah (2nd sephira) is the place of the King (Fire). Perhaps they are saying that the Moon cools and balances the King of Air (Chokmah of Yetzirah).

Grigori

elvenstar said:
Any thoughts about the Two, Moon in Libra?

I find it useful to think about the Moon in Libra as like the scales of Libra. Libra (the scales) makes it about 2 opposing things, which is even stronger in this card as its also a 2. The Moon is about change, as it waxes and wanes. So the Moon is like the spot of grease on the pivot of the scales (Libra). It makes them more changable and fluid. In RWS deirved decks, I can really picture the lady sitting there being balanced by the two swords as the greasy blob of Moon bits underneath her fluctuates back and forth. hmm that came out a little grosser than it sounded in my head :laugh:

Always Wondering

This makes perfect sense and I like your visual of the scales being greased by the moon. I just would like to understand, the moon as so many attributes, I was reading keywords of emotion, domestic and nurturing from Golden Dawn material. Change was there for sure. I am not arguing with you, just wanting to know how you got there. Do I just keep on trying out elements until they fit? Or do you know something I don't? :laugh: I mean, specifially on what planet attributes to apply when.

Thanks,
I am having some surgery later today, so wil be pretty messed up on drugs. I will probably just be lurking for a while. But I'm still here and if I do post some bazair and inniaprotiate thing, it's the pain killers. :laugh: I'm very sensitive to them.

AW

Teheuti

Here's how Crowley described Moon in Libra in Astrology: Your Place Among the Stars:

"Libra being the house of Venus, her influence upon the Moon is to increase the aesthetic perceptions. The indications of the senses are principally valued on account of their reference to beauty. . . . The quality of balanced judgment is quite universally manifest in Libra. With the Moon in this position, the senses report to the mind with unusual accuracy, and facts are criticized with great acumen. The matter is occasionally likely to rest there, for the airiness of the sign inhibits practicality. In many cases, the native, remains in the contemplation of knowledge without turning it to immediate account. He builds up ideas, but finds it difficult to execute them. A fine example of the critical judgment combined with considerable aesthetic perception is shown by Gladstone and Burton."

I think the "contemplation of knowledge without turning it to immediate account," could be one of the reasons for the RWS image.

Another possibility: Apparent opposites are peacefully reconciled through non-resistance. Not acting divisively (as afflicted 2's might be otherwise prone to do).

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
Do I just keep on trying out elements until they fit? Or do you know something I don't? :laugh: I mean, specifially on what planet attributes to apply when.

I guess because I learnt astrology because of my tarot interest, I do gravitate towards the meanings that fit best with the tarot cards. So I think of the Moon in terms of High Priestess, 2 of Swords, 6 of Disks etc..

But also, I try to think of the astrology in terms of "sensation" or "feeling" in a primarily physical way, as well an emotional/intellectual way as secondary to that. So when I am trying to understand an attribution, I imagine how it "feels" and try to somatize that as a physcial sensation in my own body. Seems to fit well with this way of looking at the minors, and is especially easy with RWS as often just assuming the pose of the characters in the card image brings that feeling up for me.

Don't know that that made much sense. But anyways... :laugh:

Hope your feeling better now AW and recovering well :)