Victoria Regina - XVII - The Star

GryffinSong

The book describes this as a woman pouring water from a bowl into a stream. To me it looks like she's panning for gold. The search for gold seems fitting, to me, in a star card. Reaching for the stars, hopes, dreams, aspirations that are sometimes beyond one's reach. We dip our pan into the star-studded water, hoping for treasure. Sometimes it's there and sometimes its not, but if we keep our dreams in mind, they're more likely to come true.

This card really draws me in visually. I'm still pondering all that she means to me, but everytime I look through the deck I stop at her and something tugs at me. She seems so serene, so peaceful, so at one with the earth and the river. She looks like someone I'd go to if I were in need, or sad, or wanted comfort. She seems like a nurturing star. Someone with a gentle touch and a soft heart and wisdom drawn from the waters of the earth. There seems to be a wholeness to her that I can't remember feeling in other decks.

annik

I must agree this Star is really a star! Panning for gold is fitting. It's about luck to find something precious in a stream. Maybe she is born under a good star. I always thought she was trying to catch a fish.