Visconti - anyone interested in studying in?

firecatpickles

Yeah, so I guess it's not going to work with an either/or siutation; which is kinda embarrassing since I already asked Moonbow* for a Forum; but it will work with one or the other, since the Sforza deck only has 78 cards in it. :(

Unless some others feel DIFFERENTLY, this should just be the Sforza deck solely???

K:spade:K

jackdaw*

The Sforza deck doesn't have the extra Court cards you'd mentioned you were interested in, KK. I'm very confused now.

le pendu

Would it be out of bounds to allow both decks to be discussed?

jackdaw*

I think given the confusion that would be the most sensible approach if it's allowed.

MystiqueMoonlight

Actually I have the Visconti Gold deck, but I think all the suggestion would be helpful and discussing each card from different aspects (ie those of you who have Yale, Sforza etc) would be interesting.

So it seems Court cards win over as the starting point? Should we start from there?

firecatpickles

Yes.

1) To avoid confusion all Visconti decks will be allowed/discussed, regardless of number of cards.

2) We start with the court cards.

3) The mods will be around soon to start a Visconti Tarot Discussion Forum under the Individual Deck Studies Tab.

K:spade:K

Moonbow

Unfortunately, until the study group gets going (and is large enough), it cannot go into the Individual Deck Studies subforum, so will have to be started here in the main study group forum.

If it continues to grow and become a large study group it will be moved to the subforum.

I like the idea of this study group and will at least be reading it all and hopefully contributing. I agree that it's a shame to split the different decks as comparing them is a really enjoyable exercise too. Bearing this in mind please keep the title as something like: Visconti Study Group, Comparing the Courts (or whatever), and not deck specific.

I would love to see the historical aspects discussed too (and difficult not to with this deck).

Moonbow*

Moonbow

I hope my post above hasn't put you all off the study group.

Anyone can start a card, one card for each thread. Then PM Sulis or myself and we will include it in the Index here in the main forum. I think it would be great to see the comparisons between the decks too.

Moonbow*

MystiqueMoonlight

So are we going to begin?

To begin with I thought this site might be an interesting read? http://www.tarothistory.com/viscontisforza.html

I know it's the Visconti Sfroza deck but it's a start. We can then begin with the Majors if you like?

I thought it would be interesting to not just discuss what each card means in accordance to "supposed" meanings but to analyse each one for it's content.

Personally I tend to read intuitively with a bit of background knowledge of years of Tarot, Cabbala and Runic study. I am also a "Reader" for want of a better term in so far as I can read just by holding a person's hand. I ask them not to speak or say yes or no until I have finished.

How do you read and what do you guys glean your information and knowledge of each card from?

P.S. Yes let's discuss both decks for those who don't have one or the other. It will make this study group more interesting.

Tree Sprite

Still waiting for that exciting little package in the letterbox...

Without taking the discussion off track now it seems to be at the point of starting, I'd love to hear what intuitive reactions to the Visconti deck are, as I find the older decks quite interesting in that respect. The traditional TdM scares me ( something a bit Texan Chainsaw massacre about it), but the Della Rocca version seems to be populated with human, approachable real people and feelings. How do you find the Visconti? (perhaps as an afternote to the discussion on the majors!)