l Tarocchi dei Visconti Sforza (ll Meneghello)

Abrac

It has recently come to my attention that ll Meneghello publishes a Visconti Sforza deck, both in large size and regular size. I've looked around and found a couple of online merchants who carry the large one, but no regular ones.

Does anyone know if the regular size is still available, and if so, where it might be found? Is it a little harder to come by than the large ones? I have the large US Games version, so I thought if I did get the ll Meneghello, I would like to get the regular sized one. I'm sure the large one is nice and I may get it if I can't locate the other one. It is pricey though. Was hoping the regular sized one might not be as much, if I can find it.

Abrac

Fulgour

Keyword: Visconti

http://www.tarotgarden.com/

http://www.alidastore.com/indexen.html

A few notables:

Tarocchi dei Visconti

Tarocchi dei Visconti Sforza

Tarocchi Visconti Sforza Piccolo

Tarocco dei Visconti Oro

Tarocchi dei Visconti (Grandi Trionfi)

Tarocchi dei Visconti - Visconti Tarot Mignon

The Gold Visconti's Tarots

etc, etc, etc...

le pendu

I got my Il Meneghello Standard sized from houseoftarot.com. It's a really nice version... heavy card stock, good devil and tower.

jackdaw*

On Alida, they list it as: "I Tarocchi Visconti Sforza (Formato Piccolo - Small Size)"

Abrac

Thanks jackdaw. I see it now. The Piccolo bit threw me. Need to brush up on my Italian I guess. ;)

jackdaw*

Yeah, I had to check the dimensions they give to be sure ...

room

I've been dithering about a Visconti for weeks--can't decide which one. I thought after reading these posts that perhaps the Il Meneghello might be the answer but. . .

. . . the Devil looks like actor Peter Ustinov to me.

Darn, why does that happen?

Fulgour

Hello Devil!

room said:
It would be a positive asset to have scans of ALL the repros!
Bingidy, bangidy, bongidy... devil-tower-devil-tower-devil...

le pendu

room said:
I've been dithering about a Visconti for weeks--can't decide which one. I thought after reading these posts that perhaps the Il Meneghello might be the answer but. . .

Darn, why does that happen?

LOL!

Hi room, nice to see you in the History section! Welcome.

I know what you mean about the different versions. I have the US Games version.. but decided I wanted to try a different version. I was looking at the Il Menghello and the Dal Negro, and based on a recommendation got the IM version. I love their decks in general, and this one was not a disappointment. Perhaps you could find an old Ustinov movie where he plays a villian to help become accustomed to the image? hee hee.