Oracle of Visions by Ciro Marchetti

Ruby Jewel

Hm, he replied to someone else's question today. I guess he didn't see this. PM and ask him?

I can understand that he might not want to address the issue. I'm getting used to them now anyway, and am enjoying them...

Padma

No, truly, Ruby, he missed this. He always talks to everyone asking about his cards. He is an artist, and thus is quite interested and concerned about us :) Please do not think he does not want to speak about this or not want to speak to you. :)

Please do PM him, or we can do it for you, if that helps you feel more comfortable about it. No worries, just ask! :heart:

Sincerely, he just missed the post.

Ruby Jewel

No, truly, Ruby, he missed this. He always talks to everyone asking about his cards. He is an artist, and thus is quite interested and concerned about us :) Please do not think he does not want to speak about this or not want to speak to you. :)

Please do PM him, or we can do it for you, if that helps you feel more comfortable about it. No worries, just ask! :heart:

Sincerely, he just missed the post.

Thanks so much for your concern, Padma. Truth is, I understand now anyway. I have decided I like this deck, and if I find I can afford the nicer deck later, I will go to his website and purchase it. Meantime, I will find out using this deck whether or not I need the other one. Knowing me, I will probably get the other one as well at some point. I have a couple of Doreen Virtue decks coming: Past Life Oracle and Goddess Oracle. I think the three decks will work nicely together so, I am excited to try this one alongside those....they are arriving today....pretty cool, huh?

Oracle reading is a new venture for me, so I really appreciate all the wonderful responses to my query. Alta was kind enough to recommend an awesome "Angel Blessing" deck that his really inspired me to pursue oracle reading. Have a wonderful day....and, by the way, I enjoy your posts....and have for awhile.

cirom

I can understand that he might not want to address the issue. I'm getting used to them now anyway, and am enjoying them...

Hi Ruby Jewel, its not that I don't want to address the issue, its just that I usually only log in to AT when I receive a notice that someone has posted on a thread i'm following and requires a response. I was not aware of this thread, until someone informed me.

The self published edition i produced sold out years ago and it had a golden metallic edging. This edition also came with a companion CD containing various other items. and if I recall, I was selling it for $60. The current edition that presumably you have obtained is published by US Games for around $20, The difference between the two is that the current edition does not have the metallic edging, and is slightly less glossy a finish, but other than that its the same. As for the vibrancy compared to what you may have seen on your computer screen, that can and often is because everyone's computer screen settings are different, from the default settings of the brand you use to the calibration you may have such as brightness, contrast and color mode.
The golden colored border, is how it should be. There was never any gold foil, in either edition. Equally I'm not sure what images you are referring to that did not include numbers on the cards. Both editions I was involved with do have numbers, so in fact I would be rather concerned if there was a version out there that didn't.....

The price difference between standard and self published editions should be factored into one's expectations, nevertheless in my opinion US Games did a good job with this deck.
So I really don't think there is an issue as such to address, but I trust I have answered your doubts, and that despite them you can enjoy the deck.

Ruby Jewel

Hi Ruby Jewel, its not that I don't want to address the issue, its just that I usually only log in to AT when I receive a notice that someone has posted on a thread i'm following and requires a response. I was not aware of this thread, until someone informed me.

The self published edition i produced sold out years ago and it had a golden metallic edging. This edition also came with a companion CD containing various other items. and if I recall, I was selling it for $60. The current edition that presumably you have obtained is published by US Games for around $20, The difference between the two is that the current edition does not have the metallic edging, and is slightly less glossy a finish, but other than that its the same. As for the vibrancy compared to what you may have seen on your computer screen, that can and often is because everyone's computer screen settings are different, from the default settings of the brand you use to the calibration you may have such as brightness, contrast and color mode.
The golden colored border, is how it should be. There was never any gold foil, in either edition. Equally I'm not sure what images you are referring to that did not include numbers on the cards. Both editions I was involved with do have numbers, so in fact I would be rather concerned if there was a version out there that didn't.....

The price difference between standard and self published editions should be factored into one's expectations, nevertheless in my opinion US Games did a good job with this deck.
So I really don't think there is an issue as such to address, but I trust I have answered your doubts, and that despite them you can enjoy the deck.

Hello Ciro, regarding the numbers issue, if you go into "Tarot Gallery" at the top and then into the "Oracles" subdivision and look up your deck, there are 9 cards shown there with no numbers that I can detect. Perhaps, as you say, it is the setting on my computer.

I understand the difference in the two decks now, and find the issue resolved. I am no longer concerned as I was originally....it is just that the photos (as you will see) are awesomely beautiful....leading one to expect....or at least hope.....the actual deck will be equally so. The pictures are very "luminous". I'm not sure how that was attained in the photographs, but the deck I have has a certain luminosity as well, and I am really enjoying it. Thank you for your response....I just wanted to know, basically, that I did not buy the "economy" deck inasmuch as I am not inclined to make such concessions. Now that I realize the "self-published" deck is no longer available, I am satisfied that the deck I have is the right one for me. Thanks again....Ruby

IndigoWaves

if you go into "Tarot Gallery" at the top and then into the "Oracles" subdivision and look up your deck, there are 9 cards shown there with no numbers that I can detect.
I recently got this deck as a 'Fool's Dog Tarot' app for my phone and its card images look identical to those Gallery pics, except that they are even clearer and have rounded corners; they have no numbers at all on the front (the US Games site pics do, though, near the top border)... So maybe the Gallery pics came directly from a 'version' of the digital artwork that was/is without numbers, rather than the physical cards of a printed deck? (On comparison, I don't find that the numbers detract from it, myself.)

This is my first Oracle attempt, too, and it's really quite liberating (despite my staying married to the good ole RWS). This deck's imagery is mesmeric and delightfully easy to get lost in, with plenty of subtle detail to notice and tie into.

Ruby Jewel

I recently got this deck as a 'Fool's Dog Tarot' app for my phone and its card images look identical to those Gallery pics, except that they are even clearer and have rounded corners; they have no numbers at all on the front (the US Games site pics do, though, near the top border)... So maybe the Gallery pics came directly from a 'version' of the digital artwork that was/is without numbers, rather than the physical cards of a printed deck? (On comparison, I don't find that the numbers detract from it, myself.)

This is my first Oracle attempt, too, and it's really quite liberating (despite my staying married to the good ole RWS). This deck's imagery is mesmeric and delightfully easy to get lost in, with plenty of subtle detail to notice and tie into.

I am thoroughly enjoying oracles as well...I use them as clarifiers a lot and they are amazing. A couple of my favorites are Earth Magic by Farmer and Angel Blessings by Marooney...(the early publications are much nicer.) I see you like Liz Greene....me, too. I have her books on each planet.

IndigoWaves

I see you like Liz Greene....me, too. I have her books on each planet.
Yes, I have many of her books/CPA seminars. She's incredible, a true genius, and I love her immersive writing style. 'The Astrology of Fate' is a particular fave that I just keep coming back to (addictive as Pluto's pull, itself, heh).