DISCUSSION THREAD: Tea Leaf Oracle Fortune Cards.

Tarot Fairy

OMG I totally missed this thread!!

I am really new when it comes to this gorgeous oracle, I only did some daily readings for myself with it, which left me totally puzzled afterwards..

I struggle with some things, like not knowing which card to pair up with another card (when I'll do a 7 cards, weekly reading), I guess this really is based on using your intuition... Another thing I struggle with is the card meanings, are we able to use associations? Like a secret admire can be also be someone who admires the way you handle some sort of situation or admire your beautiful art you have made?

ETA: I just wanted to do the weekly reading and picked up the book for that. I got my answer about the secret admire, what a coincidence that I took this card as an example and the book also discusses exactly this card to explain it!

DownUnderNZer

BTW if anyone would like to see a video of me doing a reading using the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards go to YouTube and type in Tea Leaf Fortune Cards or Rae Hepburn and it will come up. It is a reading I did for a reporter of the Times-Standard using the Astral House Pyramid method for Happiness.

It's what I call a "white bread" reading as I deliberately didn't connect any of the cards nor did I want to say anything that he wouldn't like other people to know as I knew the reading was being filmed and was going to be put on YouTube.

So......

Are you saying you gave him a reading that wasnt in depth and a light version of what you really did see, as in, you skirted around it to be on the safe side? Nothing wrong with tact, but not sure just because he is a reporter why it should be done any different.

Lourdez

Maybe you could join our group of daily draws? Or even just the weekly one...? Well, anyways, you're welcome to join us, I am sure! It might get you reacquainted with them! That was why I joined - I hadn't done much with them, and then put them aside; but I really wanted to learn more about using them. :) and the weekly and daily draws are certainly helping a great deal!

Sorry lotus I missed this post:(

I think I've missed the boat as DownUnderNZ has already allocated perhaps next time. Thank you for the invitation so kind of you:) xx

Tarot Fairy

We can do daily's together if you want Lourdez?

Rae Hepburn

So......

Are you saying you gave him a reading that wasnt in depth and a light version of what you really did see, as in, you skirted around it to be on the safe side? Nothing wrong with tact, but not sure just because he is a reporter why it should be done any different.

I think it is one thing to do an in-depth reading in private, where the querist opens up and you discuss the deeper meanings of the cards, how they connect, and how to best deal with the situations that arise, but I shy away from that when the reading is going to be public as I don't want to say anything that might embarrass the querist or that they don't want known publicly. When I am giving a public reading, I find myself sticking to the basic meanings of the cards and allowing the querist to connect them and interpret them. If he or she opens up, then I am quite willing to take it deeper.

With regard to this reporter, we waited until the cameraman left then I gave him an in-depth reading of the same cards as a private person.

DownUnderNZer

We can do daily's together if you want Lourdez?

Tarot Fairy I only thought you wanted to do WEEKLY....if Lourdez is fine to pair up with you...I can add you both to the thread for this week. And if Lourdez wants to do WEEKLY I can add her in next week. :)

DownUnderNZer

I think it is one thing to do an in-depth reading in private, where the querist opens up and you discuss the deeper meanings of the cards, how they connect, and how to best deal with the situations that arise, but I shy away from that when the reading is going to be public as I don't want to say anything that might embarrass the querist or that they don't want known publicly. When I am giving a public reading, I find myself sticking to the basic meanings of the cards and allowing the querist to connect them and interpret them. If he or she opens up, then I am quite willing to take it deeper.

With regard to this reporter, we waited until the cameraman left then I gave him an in-depth reading of the same cards as a private person.

Deeper meanings would be cool to know and Im glad the reporter did get to have a more in depth reading. ;) I suppose publically is something to consider vs privately. :)

Tarot Fairy

Tarot Fairy I only thought you wanted to do WEEKLY....if Lourdez is fine to pair up with you...I can add you both to the thread for this week. And if Lourdez wants to do WEEKLY I can add her in next week. :)

Both are fine ;) I didn't want to bother you, but when Lourdez said this the idea came to mind.. Sorry for my unexpected reaction, hope it doesn't give you extra work... If Lourdez doesn't response it's fine too!

Amanda

Another point to remember is that sometimes cards will appear in a spread that do not seem to relate to the question you asked. Say if you're asking about Wealth and some cards seem to be about Love. That is because the cards are trying to get your attention and think it's important that you know this information even though you didn't ask for it.

This is good to know, thank you! I haven't practiced the astral house readings much, as I was bouncing around and reading certain cards together that didn't fall in the same line, and I wasn't sure if this was right. It felt right, but I wasn't sure and didn't keep track of my accuracy... it seems very impossible to try to bend the cards to fit the category one chooses for these readings, and while I quite like that very much, it just might be my downfall since I'm so used to doing a lot of blending with tarot cards and the meanings I find in them. :D

BTW if anyone would like to see a video of me doing a reading using the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards go to YouTube and type in Tea Leaf Fortune Cards or Rae Hepburn and it will come up. It is a reading I did for a reporter of the Times-Standard using the Astral House Pyramid method for Happiness.

Thank you for the video, I've watched it and it has given me a bit of a boost to feel more confident in using the cards myself. :)

It's what I call a "white bread" reading as I deliberately didn't connect any of the cards nor did I want to say anything that he wouldn't like other people to know as I knew the reading was being filmed and was going to be put on YouTube.

I would have loved to see you do a full on reading with someone where you're really digging in and if you ever get a willing participant that would let you videotape that and share it with the world, I would love to see it! :)

Rae Hepburn

This is good to know, thank you! I haven't practiced the astral house readings much, as I was bouncing around and reading certain cards together that didn't fall in the same line, and I wasn't sure if this was right. It felt right, but I wasn't sure and didn't keep track of my accuracy... it seems very impossible to try to bend the cards to fit the category one chooses for these readings, and while I quite like that very much, it just might be my downfall since I'm so used to doing a lot of blending with tarot cards and the meanings I find in them. :D :)

The 2,3,4, lines on the Astral House Pyramid are there as general time guidelines. The 2 stand for 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months; 3 stands for 3 days, 3 weeks etc. and the same with 4. When I am reading the Pyramid, I always say this is short-term energy and it usually starts happening straight away, however it could go out as far as four months. If I see a card in line 2 that I feel is connected to a card in line 4, I immediately connect them and read them as happening in the near future as all of the lines overlap when you think in terms of days.