How long do you wait for a reading to unfold?

EyeAmEye

The tarot doesn't predict the future, so you can't depend on a definite prediction to come true. Life isn't a fairytale. The tarot only picks up potential energy. For instance, if you drew the Ace of Cups, it would say the energy is there, but like any seed, if it doesn't get watered, the seed won't sprout. Just sitting around waiting for a prediction to come true is a waste of time. Your reader can't predict the future. They are just keeping you on a hook by telling you that....drop them and sever the relationship....and get on with your life.

Can't say I agree. I have personal experience of a prediction in my own life that was done almost 10 years ago that has very slowly manifested over those years. Vast majority of which I spent "sitting around waiting"...

Sometimes you've already laid the groundwork (whether consciously or subconsciously) and all you can do is let things unfold. Some events in your life are simply not completely under your control and you have to let "third parties" do their part to bring it all together. Doing more on your end than is required might do more harm than good.

I suppose the above also answers the OP's question...might not be what you want to hear, but it is what it is...

Ruby Jewel

Can't say I agree. I have personal experience of a prediction in my own life that was done almost 10 years ago that has very slowly manifested over those years. Vast majority of which I spent "sitting around waiting"...

Sometimes you've already laid the groundwork (whether consciously or subconsciously) and all you can do is let things unfold. Some events in your life are simply not completely under your control and you have to let "third parties" do their part to bring it all together. Doing more on your end than is required might do more harm than good.

I suppose the above also answers the OP's question...might not be what you want to hear, but it is what it is...

I suppose one can sit around and wait, but it seems like a waste of living, especially if the end result is going to be the same anyway, according to the prediction. I also have a problem with why someone would find that person interesting and appealing. It seems a rather vacuous thing to do. I would certainly never encourage it based on someone else's experience. My advice here remains the same.

Barleywine

I've been dissatisfied with the sloppiness of the usual tarot timing methods, which seem to be more unreliable than otherwise, so I created a more systematic way to approach it. In your case, I would take the outcome card for a reading you're waiting to unfold and use it as the Significator (called the "index card" - basically a pointer) for this timing method.

The final version of the layout is at Post #34 of this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4946062#post4946062

Ruby Jewel

I've been dissatisfied with the sloppiness of the usual tarot timing methods, which seem to be more unreliable than otherwise, so I created a more systematic way to approach it. In your case, I would take the outcome card for a reading you're waiting to unfold and use it as the Significator (called the "index card" - basically a pointer) for this timing method.

The final version of the layout is at Post #34 of this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4946062#post4946062

With all due respect, Barleywine, to what I know to be your very erudite intelligence.... it seems unreasonable to expect the tarot to deal in the concept of "time", which as we all realize is actually nonexistent in the psychic energy of the unconscious where the archetypes reside....which would make a conceivable explanation as to why no real method for determining a linear time exists, as well as no real method for predicting the future exists. So, of course, my curiosity here is naturally piqued....

Barleywine

With all due respect, Barleywine, to what I know to be your very erudite intelligence.... it seems unreasonable to expect the tarot to deal in the concept of "time", which as we all realize is actually nonexistent in the psychic energy of the unconscious where the archetypes reside....which would make a conceivable explanation as to why no real method for determining a linear time exists, as well as no real method for predicting the future exists. So, of course, my curiosity here is naturally piqued....

I love a challenge and am never willing to "say die" when it comes to matters of an esoteric nature. I don't use tarot much for psychic or psychological purposes, more for creating situational awareness and developmental insight, which have a temporal component. In the realm of "actions-and-events," I see no reason to duck the question.

Ruby Jewel

I love a challenge and am never willing to "say die" when it comes to matters of an esoteric nature. I don't use tarot much for psychic or psychological purposes, more for creating situational awareness and developmental insight, which have a temporal component. In the realm of "actions-and-events," I see no reason to duck the question.

I see.....

Ruby Jewel

In a more benevolent approach, I would refer one in such a situation to the Four Noble Truths of Gautama Buddha on the suffering in life. There is a way to end it and that is to choose "non-attachment."

Laurelle

There is a simple explanation for the fact that the tarot does not predict future events, and that is because time is just a concept of the human mind......there is no such thing as linear time in the spiritual realm. They deal in psychic energy and the archetypal unconscious, both personal and

If time doesn't exist in the spiritual world, then of course they would know everything that has ever happened and will ever happen.

What exactly is "archetypal unconsciousness"?

EyeAmEye

I suppose one can sit around and wait, but it seems like a waste of living, especially if the end result is going to be the same anyway, according to the prediction. I also have a problem with why someone would find that person interesting and appealing. It seems a rather vacuous thing to do. I would certainly never encourage it based on someone else's experience. My advice here remains the same.

What's the old saying about assuming...? You are assuming much here about a situation I have not divulged. Hint: It's not what you seem to believe it is.

I have been doing many things in my life during the unfolding of this long and admittedly sometimes quite frustrating experience, so no time is being wasted. There is simply very little I can contribute on my end of things to positively affect what's been manifesting in undeniably predicted fashion.

As I suggested before, intervening in a process that doesn't require your repeated input could negatively impact, or perhaps even derail it altogether, the end result. I do not believe a prediction, by default, cannot be changed regardless of action. That would imply we have absolutely no choice whatsoever in our lives. I do not believe such if that is what you may have thought based on what you read.

EyeAmEye

In a more benevolent approach, I would refer one in such a situation to the Four Noble Truths of Gautama Buddha on the suffering in life. There is a way to end it and that is to choose "non-attachment."

Buddha ever prove the four noble truths...?

No offense intended, just poking fun.

Think I'll pass on the suggestion, though. I prefer to develop my own philosophy in life. It's done me fairly well so far.