Bad readings

Barleywine

I agree! She has some useful tips. It got me thinking about my "ideal client."

It's someone older, reasonably settled in life, and open to a range of possibilities from the reading. In other words, they want advice and not prescriptions ("Take one of these Lovers pills and call me in the morning!") I think setting my rate high enough shuts out some who just want to know how their love interest "thinks or feels" about them (when they could just go back to the old way of asking a friend to ask a friend who knows the person, and thus stay shielded from embarrassment about having to ask.)

Tanga

I agree! She has some useful tips. It got me thinking about my "ideal client."

It's someone older, reasonably settled in life, and open to a range of possibilities from the reading. In other words, they want advice and not prescriptions ("Take one of these Lovers pills and call me in the morning!") I think setting my rate high enough shuts out some who just want to know how their love interest "thinks or feels" about them (when they could just go back to the old way of asking a friend to ask a friend who knows the person, and thus stay shielded from embarrassment about having to ask.)

:joke: :joke: :joke: (save the embarrassment and set the president for a "grapevine" relationship - imo).
Yes, my ideal client prefers advice too.

Ebony

As other's have said, it is definitely bound to happen. It could either be that the draw didn't come out right, or that she was deluding herself by rejecting everything you said. The downside of reading tarot for strangers is that when these things happen you really don't know which it is - that you just had a bad draw or the person is truly in denial. It can also even be that you get the right message but explain it in a way they don't understand. Our minds all work differently, and so simply how something is worded could alter how it is received. It could also be that the individual isn't in denial, but isn't great with symbolism and doesn't recognize the connections while they are getting the reading. I think the mysterious nature of how intuition works (and sometimes doesn't work) definitely adds a bit to the mix. It seems like this uncertainty is just something people who read for others just have to come to terms with over time. There will be bad days and at the end of it you likely won't be completely sure of what the problem was. (You could try to do a reading on it though!) If you have enough experience and faith in your abilities though you should be able to get past these types of days and these kinds of clients.

SunChariot

Hey everyone
I just have a question for you guys,
Yesterday a woman came by for a tarot reading. Already The day before I Got this really bad vibe that she was that kind of person who was really sceptic.
So She came for The reading, and She was just like "no" "no thats not true" "im not like that" to every single thing i said. I told her more than once, that we could stop if She wanted to without paying. But She Said "no now we are gonna do this". So we kept on for an hour or so. But she couldnt relate to anything. In The end i gave her 10 minutes of palmreading because i felt it was The only way i could show her my skills. And here I could tell a lot of details about her life and personality. And She could relate to everything and was queit impressed i Think.
When we were done I told her that she could just pay me half The Price i normally take. But then She said "no we are gonna double that" ehmm okay?
I REALLY dont get that. Im so confused and The past day i really dont feel like making any spiritual work. That was a terrible experience. WHy would she pay double if everything was Incorrect?
She came to me because of The fact that a good friend of mine recommended me.
Have you guys had any experiences like that? I really need to hear, that im not The only one. Im a bit afraid that she Will tell bad things about me to others.
Thank you

I do my best not to read for "skeptics". I hope someone coming to me for a reading already believes Tarot works or can. Because I find in life that we can find "proof" or whatever we believe is true. That is why so many people have different belief systems and whatever we believe FEELS true to us. Whatever we believe, we will find things in our lives to support it, as that is where we focus.

To me I don't read for skeptics as I can't proove to them Tarot works unless they are willing to consider it could be true. That means to me, from the start, that if I felt somene was going to not be open enough to trust what I was doing, I would not have done the reading. I trust my intuition on that. Your intuition was telling you something was wrong before you started. For me personally, I would have listened to and followed that feeling. That's how it is for me.

Next, that was weird her telling you it was inaccurate and wanting to pay twice as much. Makes no sense to me either.

But here is something I keep in mind. Someone can be SURE that all you say is completely inaccurate on all counts and that does not necessarily mean that it is. In fact, sometimes at least, the more vehemently they deny it...the more accurate the reading is. Sometimes people see themselves and their situations inaccurately, misunderstand something in their lives, are in denial...etc . Truth can be subjective, what I mean is what be BELIEVE is true of our lives may not be at times. We are humans, we don't always understand ourselves or the world around us 100% accurately at all times.

I know this because it happened to be personally as a querent and I never forgot the experience and I always keep it in mind now as a reader. Once someone did a reading for me that I SWORE inside me was totally wrong on all counts. Nothing was true in it at all, like the reader made it all up out of the blue. I was even a bit insulted and angry she saw that in me. NO WAY, NO HOW, that was nothing like me or my life.

I was really irritated by it too at the time, I kept feeling drawn to reread it over and over too. I mean, how COULD she see that in my life???

After a week or rereading, something broke down in me and I was suddenly able to see it was completely true. I had just been in denial and unwilling to consider it could be true.

So that is my last bit of advice. Her saying that what you saw in the reading was so untrue, does not mean it was. Sometimes you can be completely spot on and telling the querent the exact truth and they cannot yet see or accept it as their truth.

This does happen. And in my experience, when it does the person will vehemently deny it could be true. I know I did. And I was so wrong.

So that is my advice, don't be so sure your reading was not a good one. A person can have the exact reaction they had when your reading is SO accurate that you show them things they don't know or understand about themselves or their lives. That they are not yet able or willing to understand or see. If this is the case, they might even learn from your words and what you told them weeks or months later. But their saying it was wrong does not necessarily mean it was. I would say to keep this in mind. :grin:

Babs

A michaels

bad reading concern

Hi its a shame its left you feeling flat, I think from how ive read your post that perhaps the lady in question was determined from before she got to see you that it was going to be all hogwash and perhaps is one of those people who don't like to admit it when they feel they were wrong,
In the first place she wouldn't have sought you out when the friend recommended you, probably she hasn't been to a reader before with problems and was sceptical but was open to giving it a try.
The fact that she paid you double suggests she was actually really impressed with your reading but as I said just didn't want to admit it. x

Ace

Funny, I just had that experience in my on-line job.

I have read for "skeptics" (that is people who don't want to accept the message of the cards) since my psychic Fair days (MANY years ago!) I learned to NEVER ask for feedback (My mentor said the only way you will really know if you are any good is if you get repeat business--or referrals.) Instead, if they insist it doesn't make sense I say: "that is what I see." Sometimes, I will ask them to reshuffle but if the reading is the same, well, then I shrug and say, "sometimes I am wrong, but that is what I see."

You can feel it if there is NO connection, I think and occasionally that happens too, but I think this lady just didn't want to accept the message of the cards--even if it is right.

I won't read for someone right away. I have considered it several times but most of the time, they want the answer THEY want--even if it is NOT true. And that is not helpful to you or the client. So, I make people wait a week and don't really do many private reading directly.

This morning I had a person on-line who said Point blank, she had never done this before and she wasn't sure this would be real, but she wanted to ask. (I thought of you!) So I told her I would not try to prove that I was right. She DID ask a reasonable question (I don't remember what it was) and I answered it as best I could (she did ask about someone deceased and I told her I don't read where they are NOW, but I tried to go down the Askasic record to when he was alive.) The answer was "I don't know." and maybe some other info, and I recommended she talk to some of the other readers on the site. But trying to "prove" that I am real is a bad set up and I refuse to do it.

Please don't kick yourself or doubt yourself over reading this lady. We ALL have readings that don't work sometimes. And sometimes a reading I was SURE failed is the one (I hear later) was one of my best. So just move on to the next reading--it will go better.

Barb

tapasr_57772aeb7

When you are new to readings, sometimes you won´t accept that the reader knows more and is in charge. I was terrible when I was young and went to a well-known reader. I contradicted her sometimes, and she had to be strict and tell me "As Seer I tell you" and whatever it was. But I became her returning sitter, and I never spoke ill of her, and as time went by she showed herself to be always correct. (It was Rosie Björkman; Jolanda the Third who made "Swedish Witch Tarot").

I think your sitter was a bit like that. Some readers won´t take sitters who do this. They have to accept you as the expert, when they go to you for advice. But truth can be hard to accept.
At least she acceped what you said in he end, and wanted to pay you double. I doubt she will speak ill of you, and maybe she will come to accept all you said was true. Nohing of his was your fault. Hope this helps in some way.
Thanks for the story, that's powerful. Got my third eye tingling.

decan

Hey everyone
I just have a question for you guys,
Yesterday a woman came by for a tarot reading. Already The day before I Got this really bad vibe that she was that kind of person who was really sceptic.
So She came for The reading, and She was just like "no" "no thats not true" "im not like that" to every single thing i said. I told her more than once, that we could stop if She wanted to without paying. But She Said "no now we are gonna do this". So we kept on for an hour or so. But she couldnt relate to anything. In The end i gave her 10 minutes of palmreading because i felt it was The only way i could show her my skills. And here I could tell a lot of details about her life and personality. And She could relate to everything and was queit impressed i Think.
When we were done I told her that she could just pay me half The Price i normally take. But then She said "no we are gonna double that" ehmm okay?
I REALLY dont get that. Im so confused and The past day i really dont feel like making any spiritual work. That was a terrible experience. WHy would she pay double if everything was Incorrect?
She came to me because of The fact that a good friend of mine recommended me.
Have you guys had any experiences like that? I really need to hear, that im not The only one. Im a bit afraid that she Will tell bad things about me to others.
Thank you
I understand that you felt a bit uncomfortable with this lady!
To shorten with diplomacy the reading could have been a solution I think here, even if she had insisted to continue.

So she showed a kind of rejection of your reading and wanted to pay double...quite weirdy!!
I think that a rejection as a defence position is a possibility, indeed, but sometimes a few personalities are just irrational, and there is nothing to really understand rationally; well for you I guess that the challenge through this bad experience is confidence in yourself and in your own skills!

tapasr_57772aeb7

You're reading was successful. She,was just freaked out and in denial that her frame of reality had a proverbial Tower event happen.

Ruby Jewel

It seems that she did a really good job of dumping her bad vibes onto you, now you are carrying round a lot of her issues. You are feeling bad and she has upset your equilibrium and its affected your practice. So you've got to reverse it, you will never know why she did it so dump it back onto her...."she is a sceptic wanting to de-bunk you"....she wanted to upset you as she is going through a rough patch" etc ...it's not you...it's her.

I agree. Don't get caught up in her voodoo.