Cardstock Prisma Visions 2nd Edition?

Hedera

So, I've heard that the cardstock of the first edition of the Prisma Visions (the one with the strawberry card) is pretty shiny and slippery.

And according to the creator, the second edition (with the key & fish card) is even slightly shinier!

Does anyone have the second edition?
If so, could you tell me what the cardstock is like?
Is it slick and slippery and plasticky like the stuff US Games used to use for a while (on the Joie de Vivre etc)?

*Isobel*

I haven't seen the first edition co I can't compare, but I must admit that the second edition it is quite shiny, smooth and slippery, I can't feel it as plasticky, it feels quite nice, I do like the cardstock, it is one of my favourite, I have been using it a lot lately and still looks like new:)

ram

Like Isobel, (I love that name) I like the second edition of Prisma Visions cardstock. The deck is wonderful to handle--and really does hold up well. I don't even try to be gentle with it and it does still look new after much use. I like how the gold seems to be applied in such a way that it stays put.

*Isobel*

Thank you ram:)

For me just holding the cards is a great pleasure, feels so warm and gentle, great deck.

lantana

Do I have a dud? I have the 2nd edition and it does not hold itself up at all. Within the first shuffle I had a gash in the sides of one of the cards.

I also personally just do not like slippery cards, especially when I have to be this careful with shuffling. Gloss, especially on such a dark deck, makes it a nightmare to photograph as well, but I could overlook that if it wasn't for the slippery/fragile combo.

It doesn't have the plastic-y feel like the US games or Lewelyn cardstock though. I don't have a 1st Edition to compare to but I do remember the vividity of the cards being a compliant, the art on the cards looks clear and wonderful on this version.