Working with Labradorite

DownwardSpiral

Well, I always think of mine as beautiful, but I totally understand you thinking it was ugly sometimes ;p if I look at mine away from my body, in the sun, they just look yucky brown. But when they are against my flesh, in the sun, they have that magnificent labradoressence going through them, that electric peacock blue. So I always think of them as freaking gorgeous :)

It's an odd stone.

Ahahaha...well my poor stone has been waiting patiently in its little zip lock bag and all the times I've taken out my crystals the sun never had a chance to shine on it and show its hidden beauty.

LOL we're going to find out how odd : )

Edited to add......hahaha look at that 11 by the post number

Hemera

I added this to the index (top of the opening page) and I also put its other name "Spectrolite" there. I hope you don´t mind. This stone discovered elsewhere than in Labrador is called Spectrolite. It´s one of the very few gem stones found in Finland. I love this stone. I have a ring and a pendant of this stone.

DownwardSpiral

I added this to the index (top of the opening page) and I also put its other name "Spectrolite" there. I hope you don´t mind. This stone discovered elsewhere than in Labrador is called Spectrolite. It´s one of the very few gem stones found in Finland. I love this stone. I have a ring and a pendant of this stone.

Thank you Hemera : )

Padma

Hemera, I hope you will add your impressions on Spectrolite here :) I have seen it before, it is beautiful...

and, DownwardS, maybe you weren't "ready" before to see the stone. I think when we are ready to work with something, or we suddenly see its beauty, then it is the right time to work with it. :)

Ok...so last night I had a terrible sleep - I kept waking up because I could hear wings slowly beating over my head. And no, I wasn't hearing my own heartbeats! I would hear it in my dream, then I would wake up and still hear it for a few moments, and then it would dwindle away. It sounded like it was right above me.

I also heard so much chatter in my dreams that this would also wake me up. And, in my dream, I drew a Tarot card, only I wasn't sure which one - and the person holding the deck said, "it means, you can do anything you want, and you will always succeed!" so I guess it was the Chariot or the Sun! lol...I could also hear so many more things, I cannot remember them all - but I got very positive messages, followed by very odd images - like, I was trying to commit suicide, but not really; then I was lying in a coffin, but I got out again. I think these images were NOT about physical death (and I am not a suicide prone person) - I believe these images were about my state of mind in my situation (I am currently stagnating, and not attending to things as I should.)

The image of me getting back out of the coffin was, to me, one that said "Get up, and get doing!" lol....so Labradorite is, I think, pushing me along, asking me why am I afraid, and assuring me of my success - and trying to get me out of my slump.

I think this stone is an excellent follow up to the Kyanite, as the Kyanite removed the energy blocks, and the Labradorite is now pushing me forwards. :)

I have had a few odd moments with cell phones and sending messages on AT - I was trying to write a response to a PM, when the computer told me I had already sent the message. At the time I was not touching my computer, just thinking about how to say what I wanted to say. So that was odd! As to my cell phone, it would ring and then when I would look at it to answer it, it would stop, and there was no sign of any caller in the phone log. Odd!

DownwardSpiral

hahahahaha : )

Lotus I'm sorry but.....OMG haha LOL I just read your post : ) I'm so glad it was you having the off the wall dream and not me.

I just read up on Labradorite......I thought we were gonna get some down time : )

"A Stone Of Magic ... Serendipity and Synchronicity"

I need to look up serendipity.....synchronicity.......I will share my experiences.....I have to say definitely to this.

Also I just wanted to say I'm working with a tumbled stone. Not as beautiful as the ones shown at healing crystals for you. In regular light mine is kind of a murky green and parts of it look black. I can see how your friend thought yours looked nearly black. This is the stone that you would pass over if you were looking for something pretty. It's beauty (at least in mine) truly is hidden.

DownwardSpiral

"Before I left for work I threw out the trash and somehow managed to scrape my index finger...this was bleeding. Then at work before I left for the street I had lifted a tray and managed to scrape my pinky and ring finger (same hand) This not only was bleeding but my pinky didn't want to stop so I finally had to put a band aid on it. LOL then when I was taking my hamper back in the building...not sure if it was a heel or ankle but I managed to hit another worker. Ok so I'm putting this here just in case it becomes relevant."

I copied this from my post from yesterday. Last night when I reached in my pocket to take out my labradorite I could feel an indent in my stone. Somehow I managed to put a chip in it : ( Maybe my crystal just wanted to bond with me?????

Then today when I was looking at my crystal I noticed another tiny chip : (

And I'm really starting to like my ugly little stone.

Anyway I just wanted to post this so if anyone has a piece of labradorite they absolutely love and decide to lug it all around......to be careful with it.

Wintergreen

I have a small unpolished chunk that I keep in my pocket. So far no injuries!

The psychic who recommended labradorite to me had a humongous rock of it beside her table. It was about the size of a very lumpy basketball. As soon as I walked into her tent I felt extraordinarily serene and just ... comfortable, peaceful. I thought it was her influence, but after reading this thread, I'm thinking it was the stone.

DownwardSpiral

more experiences to share....

I'm getting the feeling this crystal means business.

Last night I put my labradorite in my pillowcase. Almost instantly I could feel my whole head vibrating. This was a pretty strong vibration. Then the vibration traveled all the way to my feet. Thank God I didn't have the dreams like Lotus did : )

Then this morning I put it in my pocket as I was getting ready for work. I only had 1 cup of coffee but by the time I left (only 1/2 hour later) I started to feel like I had drank a whole pot. You know that energy buzz that says you've had too much?

Now for the synchronicity......

Yesterday afternoon I replied to my friends voicemail and told him "I don't know you, I don't want to know you."

So this morning I held my crystal in my hand and asked it what I needed help with. (as that seemed to be the theme yesterday)

On the way to work I saw an ad on the bus for the show... King of Queens. I call my friend a King because of the way he acts. And yesterday in my mind I said to myself...I'm the Queen...lol not his Queen...but a Queen as in I can stand by myself. As I was driving I decided to ask my Guides if there was anything I needed to know. No sooner did I finish my sentence when my cell phone rang and it was my friend trying to call me. When I parked my car I looked up to see a bumper sticker on the car in front of me....Know Him.

Then at work these titles caught my eye.....(by the way we case very little mail now but this was in it)

A letter said... Make A Wish and the very next letter said....We Miss You! Then I saw....Can you put the pieces together? And then I saw one that said...Stop losing money and underneath that it said....Why haven't you called us for help yet??? hmm ok. I have the feeling these are not ALL about my friend but you can see how well they each fit.

Anyway once I got out on the street my friend came and apologised to me. For the past few weeks I've been trying to make a point to him that he just didn't want to see and it was putting a wedge in our friendship. He finally got it!

I can see how this crystal would be good for developing clairaudience. Once again everything seemed to be amplified. I was walking across some grass and all of a sudden I could hear my pant legs rubbing together, and then my shoes shuffling (?) on the grass. And this was with cars, birds chirping, windchimes blowing etc. Even this morning I could hear a loud humming noise coming from the back bedroom. My son had on the TV and computer (as he always does) but I've never noticed the humming. (I was standing in the kitchen)

My own energy seemed to be amplified as well. I don't think I could have this crystal on me and sit at a desk all day. Something I noticed yesterday was that my tongue was tingling. I thought maybe I had bit it somehow? But today my tongue is tingling again. I've also noticed the last two days I haven't been as hungry. I also noticed this afternoon my head was feeling spacey......but I can't say if it was the crystal or my headache. This morning I had a bad headache and I could still feel the last traces of it. (as if I was starting to get one) Actually that's unusual because my headaches usually last a few days.

I'll try to do the automatic writing as well. I've tried a few times (not with this crystal) but wasn't able to have any success so we'll see. Meditation should be interesting.

Oh and almost forgot....11:11 came through today but the number 13 seems to be significant.

Padma

wow. Fascinating stuff! DownwardS, I can see why your stone might chip - this stone is said to only be good for pins and pendants, or earrings, where they will be safe from damage. I have already chipped my ring. My bracelet seems to be ok though.

I also had a huge headache today, not sure if this is from the Labradorite however, as I have often worn it and not gotten a headache. It certainly does make you notice every tiny sound, I have noticed that as well. As to the clairaudience, I thought that was what I was experiencing in that crazy dream of mine!

DownwardS, I was quite amazed with your messages and the friend episode. I am glad he finally understood you...I also thought the messages might have been from your angels...?

11 is still a significant number, but today I also got 3's, which I don't usually get. And most rare, I got 3:33 on the clock when I looked at it this afternoon...I don't see that very often!

I still also get a feeling of peace when I am wearing it, however. I do not have the zoom-y energy I had with the Kyanite - I feel energised, but relaxed too. I can certainly see why Wintergreen found the presence of the stone relaxing. And since it is said to help hugely with reading Tarot cards, I can see why the fortune teller had a big chunk in her tent! :)

Off to bed now, and I hope I get a better sleep tonight - I won't be wearing the earrings to bed, that is for sure!

celticnoodle

Well, I always think of mine as beautiful, but I totally understand you thinking it was ugly sometimes ;p if I look at mine away from my body, in the sun, they just look yucky brown. But when they are against my flesh, in the sun, they have that magnificent labradoressence going through them, that electric peacock blue. So I always think of them as freaking gorgeous :)

It's an odd stone.

Yesterday evening, I went in search of my labradorite, as I was not 100% sure I even had one. I did find a very small stone--and quite honestly, I also found it as a bit ugly. it looked muddy dark in color--not exactly black or brown, but muddy is a great way to describe it. Now, I had seen this in gorgeous colors in stores, and am surprised I have not purchased a beautiful one--will have to look for another one to add to this little muddy one.

I put it in my pocket and then last night also put it inside my pillow case and told it 'okay, work your stuff with me tonight you magical little stone!" :p well, it did--I had a good nights sleep over all, and that is always a plus, eh?

I have a small unpolished chunk that I keep in my pocket. So far no injuries!

The psychic who recommended labradorite to me had a humongous rock of it beside her table. It was about the size of a very lumpy basketball. As soon as I walked into her tent I felt extraordinarily serene and just ... comfortable, peaceful. I thought it was her influence, but after reading this thread, I'm thinking it was the stone.
OMG! I cannot imagine having a crystal the size of a lumpy basketball! It must have been beautiful! even if it were the murky 'muddy' color--like mine. sounds intriguing. perhaps one day I can have something like this too. that would be way cool. :)

I'm getting the feeling this crystal means business.

Last night I put my labradorite in my pillowcase. Almost instantly I could feel my whole head vibrating. This was a pretty strong vibration. Then the vibration traveled all the way to my feet. Thank God I didn't have the dreams like Lotus did : )

same here! I felt 'tingly' in my head, is all I can say. I also felt so full in my stomach. I did eat a good meal--but didn't over eat. but, even this morning, I'm so full feeling. I didn't even want the cup of coffee the hubby made, but forced it and a piece of pound cake down. a small piece of pound cake........

Then this morning I put it in my pocket as I was getting ready for work. I only had 1 cup of coffee but by the time I left (only 1/2 hour later) I started to feel like I had drank a whole pot. You know that energy buzz that says you've had too much?
I have it in my pocket as I type...

My own energy seemed to be amplified as well. I don't think I could have this crystal on me and sit at a desk all day. I've also noticed the last two days I haven't been as hungry. Meditation should be interesting.

Oh and almost forgot....11:11 came through today but the number 13 seems to be significant.
Well, I can use some energy the rest of this week! I've a lot to do. and yet, if the day runs 'well' w/no surprises, it should be able to be done in a timely manner--so not really 'a lot' to do. anyway, I already mentioned about it making me feel 'full'. so, probably a great diet stone! :p I am also eager to see how it works when I meditate later on.

It's an odd stone.
it is cloudy and rainy here today and should be this way all day too. but, I put it under a lamp to see and I can see some pretty green lines and specks in my stone. I think it is pretty over all, to be honest. It seems even prettier this morning then when I found it last night. :laugh: I'm hoping I may have time to run down to the New Age shop to find a better piece of labrodorite--or at least another one. I shouldn't say "better". I am eager to work with this stone and hope it can keep me motivated. I'm not eager to have any accidents however, so will be on guard for that! lol! that is not good.

eta: just read on a site that this stone is a great stone for dieters, so no wonder I feel so 'full'.