A Crystal Ball...

HearthCricket

LOL No! She is a chatty little lady, for certain. I just love her. Waiting for the stands to arrive and hoping it will be today.

HearthCricket

Well, I never knew it was so hard to take a picture of a crystal ball! Miranda snuck into the bookcase, way in a dark corner and I did the best I can until she is ready to come out and play! As soon as I took a picture or two, she informed me she would prefer to wait until daylight and does not care for the flash!! That'll teach me. Now I have to read my book and imprint myself on her. Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

Miranda....hiding and showing all her confusion in being in a new home with flashing lights! LOL

HearthCricket

And here is Miranda in the dark, getting ready for bed, reflecting the windows and showing some lovely rainbows in her!

HearthCricket

LOL I just looked up the meaning of the name Miranda, since I didn't really give it thought and it just came to me.

"A name created my Shakespeare for his play "The Tempest", from the feminine form of the Latin gerundive mirandus (admirable, lovely), from mirari (to wonder at, to admire). Hence the meaning, "she who is admired"."

Now, how is that for a rather vain crystal ball? It fits her perfectly!!

thinbuddha

Since we're sharing photos- It's a bit blurry, but it's the best photo I have.

Attachments

• IMG_1844.JPG
    IMG_1844.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 215

HearthCricket

Very nice! You have a lot of clarity with that one and some interesting things going on, inside!! I am finding they are quite addicting and fascinating! Miranda showed more of her glory, today, against the dark wood....

Pumpkin

Everyone that has a crystal ball, did your stand come with your ball? I need to replace a stand but not sure where to buy one?

Anyone have any links for stands?

thinbuddha

I have 3 balls- one came with a stand, I don't use stands for the other two, but I have seen several sites that sell crystal balls that also sell stands.

here's one site but there are many others.

HearthCricket

Reading my first book on crystal balls "Crystal Balls and Crystal Bowls" by Ted Andrews. Some interesting stuff on gazing, scrying, clairvoyance, caring for your crystal ball, imprinting on it, etc. Some stuff not so exciting, but the rest is very helpful. There is info on candles, mazes, training up your mind, etc, which I find very intriguing. Almost like prep work before you even attempt to scry.

Miranda is happily taking it all in, with me, and loves attention. However, she has informed me that she is lonely at night and would I please get her younger sister to keep her company and take any pressure off her. Thus, Ophelia (helper) is also on her way! She promises to wait her turn because I plan to work a lot with Miranda, but Ophelia apparently gives her comfort...

http://mineralminers.com/images/rock-crystal/sphs/rkxs344.jpg

Pumpkin

HearthCricket, did your stand come with Miranda? If not, where did you order it? TIA