Tree of Life Learning Cards

Nosgo

Hello,

I just found about this Learning Cards deck (http://livingmagick.com/product/kabbalahs-tree-of-life-learning-cards-living-magick/) after reading about it somewhere. The description of the deck looks promising :
"This flash card style deck covers: The 10 Sephiroth * 22 Paths * The Four Worlds * Archangels and Angels * The Three Pillars * Tarot correspondences * Elementals * Pronunciations * Hebrew Alphabet * Colors and more… "
I find the flash card format refreshing, not that I don't enjoy a good book on Qabbalah but I don't know, I think this might interest people who like to learn little bits by little bits, in a playful way or in place you don't have the time for a good reading session so that you can just draw a card at random and learn about a specific Tree of Life topic and think about it.

I wanted to know if any of you had thoughts about it (whether you bought it or not)?

JackofWands

I don't have the deck, but I think it's a good idea. If I recall correctly, Benebell Wen (not a Qabalist by any means) did a review on them not too long ago.

Personally, if I were going to do flash cards, I might be more inclined to make my own rather than buying premade ones. Regardless, I think it could be a helpful way to learn an otherwise overwhelming amount of information.

Nosgo

I don't have the deck, but I think it's a good idea. If I recall correctly, Benebell Wen (not a Qabalist by any means) did a review on them not too long ago.

Personally, if I were going to do flash cards, I might be more inclined to make my own rather than buying premade ones. Regardless, I think it could be a helpful way to learn an otherwise overwhelming amount of information.

Yes that's where I found about it at random and her review conviced me to buy me one of these to try it. The cards look well done with the right amount of information on it (not too less or too much) and I was willing to try new ways to learn. I'm not confident enough as yet to make my own flash cards, one day maybe!

I think I will do a small review of this deck when I'll receive it. Not really related to the Qabbalah topic but the Futhark Rune deck they're selling might be a good addition to my learning tools.

I have a similar deck. This one.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/kabbalah-deck/

It is good for TOL readings, but it does not have all the study information that yours has.

I didn't know about that one, looks really beautiful! But yes with only 35 cards, it looks like they don't put as much info in the deck. The nice reproduction of Hebrew alphabet and the sephiroth on those cards can be a great meditation tool!

foolMoon

I didn't know about that one, looks really beautiful! But yes with only 35 cards, it looks like they don't put as much info in the deck. The nice reproduction of Hebrew alphabet and the sephiroth on those cards can be a great meditation tool!

It comes with a book with rich information. When you studied it throughly, the information is to move from the book into the mind / consciousness, so when you see the card, the information will jump out on you :)

Nemia

I mentioned it already in other threads but it seems neat to me to have the different kabbalah learning decks all together in one thread. If it's OT, dear mods, don't be angry if you have to delete it.

There are to my knowledge two decks that give an illustration of the kabbalistic background of each tarot card.

One is very simple and not very pretty, the Kabbalistisches/Tree of Life tarot. It's a bit older and it's okay if you want a visual key with the basic information.

The newer and much more beautiful deck is the Hermetic Kabbalah Tarot. It comes with additional cards and pdf files for study, and it's packed with information about every card.

An especially nice touch is that it offers the option to make the deck work with RWS (Strength VIII, Justice XI) or Thoth (Adjustment VIII, Lust XI). You can also decide the Emperor/Star dilemma of ה or צ.

Yes, one could make such flash cards by oneself and would probably learn a whole lot by doing so.

But it's nice to have the option to use them or not, and I wouldn't have been able to make cards on the level of the Hermetic Kabbalah.

These are not flash cards like the one mentioned in the thread but full tarot decks with kabbalistic diagrams. But the kabbalah learning cards would be perfect as first step before you start integrating the Hermetic Kabbalah cards into your readings.

foolMoon

Both decks seem good in their own right. I feel sometimes simple design is good for either study or actual readings. When the reader has studied a lot and fully familiar with all the correspondence and meanings of each cards relating to Tree of Life, Astrology or Goetia, then simplicity of cards should be actually advantage, as the readers consciousness takes over the reading aided by the drawn cards. That is my aim of studies - being in that level.

The Kabbalah Deck I have has 35 cards. 10 of each sephira of TOL cards, 22x Hebrew Alphabet Letter cards (they also represent ToL Paths, but not shown on the cards) and 3x blank cards (I think it could be used for King Queen and Knight)

The accompanying book is very good. It explains each card in detail, and also gives suggestion / guide on what action to take for given situation, and when particular card is drawn.

I have forgotten, and not used it for a while, but took out again to continue studying with it, thanks to this thread :)