The Tower in reverse for someone's feelings?

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi everyone,

I did a relationship spread for a friend as she has recently gone on a date and wanted some information. In the position of her feelings the Tower in reverse came up. My initial thought was that she may be suppressing feelings. Perhaps she feels very strongly for this person, is excited about the potential, but is suppressing it as to not get her hopes up.

Any thoughts?

Stu123

Hi! I agree that emotions may be suppressed or that the expectations have not been met and now she's really disappointed because that wasn't what was meant to happen. Maybe it's the split between not liking the situation, but still having feleings for the person. Maybe she's trying to forget because that's the right thing, but still wants the person back because there are hopes and attachment? Just a few thoughts :)

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi Stu123

Thanks for your interpretation! Sounds very much like her. She has had a few deep hurts in the past and she is the type of person who is "in love with love" so she is really working on not getting carried away early on. I like your input on expectations not being met as I can also see that being the case.

Thanks again!

Ruby Jewel

Hi everyone,

I did a relationship spread for a friend as she has recently gone on a date and wanted some information. In the position of her feelings the Tower in reverse came up. My initial thought was that she may be suppressing feelings. Perhaps she feels very strongly for this person, is excited about the potential, but is suppressing it as to not get her hopes up.

Any thoughts?

Upright, the Tower coming down indicates a release from imprisonment. It is the liberating transformation that comes through the discovery of truth in a very "murky" situation. Therefore, it seems to me that with the Tower Rx, your friend is in denial of the truth she actually already knows but doesn't want to accept yet. When she accepts it, she will turn the Tower upright and find the transformative release from the situation that has her imprisoned emotionally.

Elven

Hi everyone,

Any thoughts?

I feel this card RX in this position relates to 'Damaged'.
Maybe she cannot feel as much as she once did, or by way of her attitude and view she feels that everything is a bit useless (related to relationships), but she persists. She may not believe in Love at first sight any more. Trying to re-design herself and her feelings, she looks to others to do the ground work in a relationship/feelings, but which she needs to do first for herself.
I think Stu123 mentioned her expectations - good word.

headincloud

Tower rx often manifests as dramatic events in the outer world rather than representing inner feelings yet it is linked with what some therapists call the core self where your true needs and desires reside. In some unknown way she will have sought these apparently fateful experiences.

Alarming or chaotic occurrences could disrupt your relationships, work or home life, whatever form the upheaval takes it is likely to be sudden, striking at her security but when the dust settles she will find the basis of a new and more fulfilling life amongst the rubble.

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi everyone,

My apologies I just noticed all these responses!

Ruby, I really resonate with your interpretation of denial. This is a common theme I have noticed in her relationships for a few years now..I would term it rose-coloured glasses sometimes to.

Elven, I had never considered looking to others to do the ground work. This also fits with her. She usually will wait to see how a potential mate will act or if he will come around again, instead of deciding herself if he's worthy enough for her.

headincloud, I do think she attracts these kinds of situations. I feel she has more healing to do and when you're broken and trying to find love, you usually attract other broken or unworthy people. I do not see this situation as alarming or disruptive, only because it has sort of already passed. He was not interested in seeing her again, and I think it hurt her ego a bit and bummed her out.

Ruby Jewel

Maybe you could do another reading for her to find out her path in dealing with this issue. I think she may need some spiritual guidance....the tarot is a good tool for that.

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi Ruby,

I am treading carefully because she is not aware of how she comes off. She thinks she is ready for love and has done the work. When the time is right, and if she is open to listening, I really hope she will ask me for further guidance.

I have done spreads for her behind the scenes and she really needs to develop a sense of self-esteem and self-worth. She also needs to learn how to be more independent and what a relationship should really consist of. She has always been very codependent in my opinion, although I believe she is unaware of this.

Ruby Jewel

Hi Ruby,

I am treading carefully because she is not aware of how she comes off. She thinks she is ready for love and has done the work. When the time is right, and if she is open to listening, I really hope she will ask me for further guidance.

I have done spreads for her behind the scenes and she really needs to develop a sense of self-esteem and self-worth. She also needs to learn how to be more independent and what a relationship should really consist of. She has always been very codependent in my opinion, although I believe she is unaware of this.

If a person has low self-esteem, they will always be a doormat. She has to build her self-esteem and then perhaps the rest will follow. Would she consider seeking help from a therapist? Compensation tactics for low self-esteem can be pretty reprehensible to others and this is what she is not seeing (imo). She needs to understand her own compensation tactics and how it affects others.... iow, what she is doing wrong. If nothing else, she can begin to understand on her own, but it takes the desire. I would like to recommend some readings. If you are interested, you can pm me.