Shamanic Rattle

Tigerangel

Shamanic Rattle and other spiritual creations

I would like shaman balls is on my list for things I want....and want a shamanic shield

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I'm trying to make my own rattle just now, never heard of a shamanic shield until you mentioned it, do you plan on buying one or making your own? I came across a website that tells you how to make a spirit shield, I presuming it's the same as a shamanic shield.
Do you have any more info on shields?

MystikalSharyl

I plan to make one but haven't gotten to the research just yet been so busy getting my business up and running haven't had time for the fun stuff

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

celticnoodle

very cool both of you! when you do make it, it'd be great if you could post a pic of them. :)

Tigerangel

very cool both of you! when you do make it, it'd be great if you could post a pic of them. :)

As promised here's a couple of pics of my finished rattle, going to my class next Wednesday.
Also going to start work on a journey journal reusable cover for A5 size note books to document my shamanic journeys and things related to shamanism.

I'm wanting to make my own sacred wheel using my 4 spirit animals aswell, think I'll enjoy making that, will need to practice my drawing though lol.

celticnoodle

Thank you, for posting the pictures!! That is GORGEOUS! May I ask what you used for the materials? Was it a can that you covered and attached the cloth, beads and feather to? Did you put beans inside it or what? I like it! :thumbsup:

Tigerangel

Thank you, for posting the pictures!! That is GORGEOUS! May I ask what you used for the materials? Was it a can that you covered and attached the cloth, beads and feather to? Did you put beans inside it or what? I like it! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I really enjoyed making it.

I used an old white vitamin pill bottle I had, and filled it with rice and some pieces of uncooked pasta that I wrote some shamballa codes on and also added a raw piece of malachite I had, as raw malachite can be toxic to breathe in I thought using it in my rattle would be a good use for it as it will be sealed but I can still use it for some of it's protection and spiritual properties.

I used faux suede fabric and glued it on the top and bottom of the bottle, then glued the centre piece of suede on, after it was fully dried and set I tied brown flat suede around each end and threaded the flat suede with a rooster feather and 3 different coloured wooden beads beads on each end of the flat suede.

I finished with drawing on some symbols with a fabric marker, ravens tracks on the centre piece to symbolise messages from spirit and arrows on each end in different directions for protection.

I'm wanting to make a few things that will only be for use in my journey mediations specifically, so I'm also considering making a bag large enough to keep my journeing tools in, I'm waiting on delivery of a pair moqui marbles that I would keep in the bag along with the rattle I've made.

It really is quite relaxing and enjoyable making my own meditation tools that I can custom for my own use.

celticnoodle

Thanks, I really enjoyed making it.

I used an old white vitamin pill bottle I had, and filled it with rice and some pieces of uncooked pasta that I wrote some shamballa codes on and also added a raw piece of malachite I had, as raw malachite can be toxic to breathe in I thought using it in my rattle would be a good use for it as it will be sealed but I can still use it for some of it's protection and spiritual properties.
:laugh: how ingenious of you! That was a great idea to use an old white vitamin pill bottle! :thumbsup: I'm not familiar with the term "shamballa" so will be googling it. Good iea too to put a raw malachite in it. I didn't know they were toxic to breathe in though! yikes!!! I love malachite and have many pieces of it.

I used faux suede fabric and glued it on the top and bottom of the bottle, then glued the centre piece of suede on, after it was fully dried and set I tied brown flat suede around each end and threaded the flat suede with a rooster feather and 3 different coloured wooden beads beads on each end of the flat suede.
oh! they are rooster feathers? May I further ask why you chose rooster feathers? I love roosters myself, and perhaps you do as well--but I'm asking because I wonder if it is also your power animal? Just guessing here.

I finished with drawing on some symbols with a fabric marker, ravens tracks on the centre piece to symbolise messages from spirit and arrows on each end in different directions for protection.

I'm wanting to make a few things that will only be for use in my journey mediations specifically, so I'm also considering making a bag large enough to keep my journeing tools in, I'm waiting on delivery of a pair moqui marbles that I would keep in the bag along with the rattle I've made.

It really is quite relaxing and enjoyable making my own meditation tools that I can custom for my own use.
very, very nice, Tigerangel! I think it turned out beautifully! You did a great job and I am sure it will prove to be very helpful to you in your shamanic journeys. Do keep us posted after you use it for your shamanic journeys too. I'd love to hear the continued stories of your experiences. This is a very wonderful thread! Thank you for sharing all this with us.

btw, how do you like the class(es) you are taking for this? I suspect it is still going on?

Tigerangel

oh! they are rooster feathers? May I further ask why you chose rooster feathers? I love roosters myself, and perhaps you do as well--but I'm asking because I wonder if it is also your power animal? Just guessing here.
The rooster feathers where only used for there colour as it's illegal to use eagle feathers, there where the closest to the eagle colours and the brown beige colours.

Though I plan on using crow and maybe some magpie feathers in my journal, I have crows and magpies flying around all over the place where I stay, so I could properly find some fallen feathers, I actually have a crows feather that fell right in front of me when I first started having raven/Crow show up as a guide for me, so had that feather for alot of years now.

The animal guides I have right now are Tiger/Raven/panther/horse

Horse has only showed up very recently for me, and interestingly enough my first name means gentle horse.

btw, how do you like the class(es) you are taking for this? I suspect it is still going on?

My first group class is next Wednesday, the work I've been doing has been solo up till now, so being in a group setting will be different, it will be interesting to see if the way I journey the now is different.

I feel I have only achieved one proper journeing in my mediations, and was when I was having pain in my thigh, so I thought I'd try a journey to try get to the root of the problem, and I certainly didn't expect what actually happened, in short when I visualised the pain in my thigh, a pack of wolves started chasing a solo wolf, then the Wolf stop at me and we both faced the pack and I'm not even sure what I used but I seemed to cut through the pack they then started to dissipate and transform into butterflies, the strangest part of all this that when I was finished with the mediation I felt so happy, alot happier that I have felt in ages, and the pain was gone.

But it didn't last long because for some reason later that day my partner kept jumping down my throat for nothing so I finally lost it with him, the minute I did I just felt a heaviness sink back in me, and that night the pain was back.
So I think I'm carrying around some of my partners negativity, after I got the pain back he was back to being his usual non aggressive self.

It was all quite a strange experience and one I haven't had before or since.

celticnoodle

The rooster feathers where only used for there colour as it's illegal to use eagle feathers, there where the closest to the eagle colours and the brown beige colours.

Though I plan on using crow and maybe some magpie feathers in my journal, I have crows and magpies flying around all over the place where I stay, so I could properly find some fallen feathers, I actually have a crows feather that fell right in front of me when I first started having raven/Crow show up as a guide for me, so had that feather for alot of years now.
ah! Okay. I didn't realize eagle feathers were illegal to use. that is an interesting fact.

The animal guides I have right now are Tiger/Raven/panther/horse

Horse has only showed up very recently for me, and interestingly enough my first name means gentle horse.
this also was very interesting to read, as I have the same power animals/animal guides too. funny, isn't it? I sent you a PM about this.

My first group class is next Wednesday, the work I've been doing has been solo up till now, so being in a group setting will be different, it will be interesting to see if the way I journey the now is different.

I feel I have only achieved one proper journeing in my mediations, and was when I was having pain in my thigh, so I thought I'd try a journey to try get to the root of the problem, and I certainly didn't expect what actually happened, in short when I visualised the pain in my thigh, a pack of wolves started chasing a solo wolf, then the Wolf stop at me and we both faced the pack and I'm not even sure what I used but I seemed to cut through the pack they then started to dissipate and transform into butterflies, the strangest part of all this that when I was finished with the mediation I felt so happy, alot happier that I have felt in ages, and the pain was gone.

But it didn't last long because for some reason later that day my partner kept jumping down my throat for nothing so I finally lost it with him, the minute I did I just felt a heaviness sink back in me, and that night the pain was back.
So I think I'm carrying around some of my partners negativity, after I got the pain back he was back to being his usual non aggressive self.

It was all quite a strange experience and one I haven't had before or since.
I'm sorry to read your pains came back. Hopefully you will be able to get rid of the pain again for good. Negative energies can be difficult. I hope you will find a way (crystals perhaps?) to protect yourself from this. Good luck T.A. and thanks for sharing all this! I can't wait for you to share your classes with us too.

Tigerangel

ah! Okay. I didn't realize eagle feathers were illegal to use. that is an interesting fact.

this also was very interesting to read, as I have the same power animals/animal guides too. funny, isn't it? I sent you a PM about this.

I'm sorry to read your pains came back. Hopefully you will be able to get rid of the pain again for good. Negative energies can be difficult. I hope you will find a way (crystals perhaps?) to protect yourself from this. Good luck T.A. and thanks for sharing all this! I can't wait for you to share your classes with us too.

Ah the pains are nothing, haven't been able to post on here until now, as it got moved into the spiritual forum and that's me just renewing my subscription, been working on my journal aswell, not finished it yet though, class is tomorrow night so I'll post on here how things are progressing with it.
I might consider making another thread in this section detailing my journey into this new path for me, as I haven't noticed alot of info about how to start and the journey down a shamanic path wither it's a traditional or non traditional path, as from what I've been learning there is some who want to keep it all traditional, but I feel a fit in a whole different categorie than that.

I'm not sure how often a late night midweek class will work for me though, see how tomorrow goes then see if it's worth my while to keep the class up.