Which is your favorite RWS style card? Why?

PixieLi

I would have to say the High Priestess is my fav...she is mysterious, very spiritual and feminine and I love that she has the moon at her feet.

Rosanne

I am hard pressed to find the 'favourite' card from RWS, but one that I like is the 9 Pentacles. All by myself I can achieve sucess- be in the Garden of Plenty and be magnanimous and ignore the snail.~Rosanne

Parzival

Which Is Your Favorite RWS Card?

The Magician and the High Priestess side by side, the one with roses above and below, standing out in sacred open space, the other seated between the pillars of the temple, in bounded sacred space, the one with all-embracing will, the other with All-receptive knowing, no book needed now. The gesture of one is "As above, so below." The open golden air surrounds him. The other enters into the inner world of gnosis. Rippling, reflecting waters are at her feet. Perfect double-portrait of the higher attributes of the human soul, both needed to complete the picture. You can't have one without the other, or you're incomplete. Outward intention of thought, inward truth by Intuition. Don't choose one -- bring both gold and silver together in your alchemic soul.

gollog

Temperance

I love to see temperance come up. He just looks so peaceful and at ease, sure of himself and balanced. I would really like to be like him, just take things as they come and not be so restless.

Fulgour

The High Priestess

:shhh: take a peek at her new look!

Attachments

• The High Priestess 1909 PCS.jpg
    The High Priestess 1909 PCS.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 114

Rosanne

Hehe Fulgour- Can you do the same to PrimeMinisters and Presidents????~Rosanne

Lion-O

The world

My all-time (untill now anyway) favorite RWS style card is Gaia also known as "The World" from my very first Tarot deck "Mage the ascention". You can see a picture of it here (with thanks to Wicce who is the owner of that website).

As to the why.. I guess "it calls out to me" doesn't cut it but to me that is a very special card, especially if you look at the rest of the deck. Its a deck with a dark, but for me realistic, view and theme and within all that darkness this card really shines out. "For it is Gaia representing the world, she is everything while she is also nothing" (personal dwelling of thought).

I guess it is a combination of naming the spirit of the earth, the picture itself where you can see her wearing a satin-like dragon while standing/floating what could be seen as a portal leading to.. who knows where. I don't know, this card is mystical yet simple. Shines out yet with a dark undertone. I don't know how else to put it.

ArcanoMáximo

Very graphic!
Keeping in mind that the Dragon is the symbol of the alchemical synthesis of the 5 elements...
I find very appropriate its appearing in this version of the card :) !!!

Muser257

Having so many decks the RWS always draws me back. Especially Universal Waite. For me my favourite card in a spread has to be 9 of cups - the wish card!!! It's a feeling like i can do anything and will get what I want. i reminds me of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince with that lucky potion Felix Felicis, it's not that but something like that wotever. Lol

Vetch

Oh, there are so many!

The Highpriestess.
It actually took me some time to realize that she's not in an enclosed space, but that the sea's right behind her.
And though she looks like a nun there are yoni and lingam symbols on the backdrop.

The Lovers.
The man (among other intepretations: left brain) looks upon the woman (a.o.i.: right brain) and she looks up to the Higher Self (or whatever you want to call it).

The Magician.
My teacher told me that the troubadoures of the middle ages said the Goddess' beauty was as "the rose standing by the lilly". (So wie die Rose bei der Lilie steht.)

There are more - but I'll restrain myself from listing almost the whole deck here... :)