Which is your favorite RWS style card? Why?

Llynn

I like the Universal Waite and in the Majors my favourite is The Sun, and in the Minor it's the 9 of Pentacles. Ask again in a month or so's time and they'll probably be different! (But, after all, change is the only constant in life.)

caridwen

trismegistus said:
what's the confusion?

The thread is favourite Rider Waite Smith tarot card yet the poster says their favourite is from the Tarot of Dreams - hence, confused:)

Papageno

caridwen said:
The thread is favourite Rider Waite Smith tarot card yet the poster says their favourite is from the Tarot of Dreams - hence, confused:)

oops, sorry, my mistake.

It's gotten to the point where I see Rider Waite and my mind says "RWS clone"

obviously I AM the one who is confused.

Fulgour

Attachments

• PCS The High Priestess 1909.JPG
    PCS The High Priestess 1909.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 86

Papageno

Fulgour said:
But I couldn't find the 6 of Swords... help?

Tarot of Dreams Tarot of Dreams Tarot Card Photo Gallery

Mine is still...

no online image as far as I can tell, sorry.
it's a rather stately woman facing the reader standing at the bow of a boat, her face hidden behind an iron (?) mask.
very dramatic.

Voron

I'm surprised no one has said the 2 of Swords. It has got to be one of the coolest-looking cards in the deck.

Actually, the 3 of swords is very powerful too, even if it's not very popular to get in a reading. The 8, 9, and 10 of swords are very evocative too.

My favorite Wand for some reason is the 3 of Wands. I associate with it but I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe it's the hair.

I love the 3 of cups (I love parties too), but also find the 5 and 7 of cups to be extremely compelling.

I love the 9 of Disks, and actually secretly like 4 of Disks. It's speaks. It almost looks like his throne is floating in air, and it reminds me of how money can make the seemingly impossible happen -- instead of seeing it as miserly, I see it as being related to the mysteries of worldly power. His arms look like the arms of a spiral galaxy emanating from the coin.

I love the look of the Magician, Death, the Moon and Star. The Moon has a creepy-scary element to it though. I really like Fulguor's altered Priestess. The High Priestess is actually one of my favorite cards, but the RWS version not my favorite version. Too Christian-y.

It's funny. Some cards I love the energy of, but don't like their RWS visual design. Like the Chariot. I've seen way better art.

Sar

I love the hanged man.

Because of his potensiale.

rota

The Queen of Wands, with her sunflower and cat; and XVII - The Star.