Zigeuner Tarot by Wegmuller (Sphinx Ed)

The Happy Squirrel

If anyone has this edition of the Zigeuner tarot, can I check with you guys if the Majors has a slightly more light pastel colouring compared to the intense multicoloured Minors?

Thanks so much in advance for your time :)

RiverRunsDeep

Hi The Happy Squirrel!

I have two copies of this edition, and both of them have color
variations. The first deck has a vibrantly colored Fool, lighter
colors for the rest of the majors, and vibrantly colored minors.
In the second deck, about half of the majors are vibrantly colored
as well as the minors, while the other half of the majors are a
lighter color. Not sure what to make of that!

Tarotwolf

A lot of the effect you are seeing is due to the pointillism painting technique used in the Majors, while the minors use more saturated and solid borders. When contrasting the two there is definitely a noticeable difference. This deck actually inspired me to acquire one of Wegmuller's oil paintings. I also had one of his original drawings, but my partner accidentally threw it away with the trash while cleaning the store room of clutter last year!

RiverRunsDeep

I also had one of his original drawings, but my partner accidentally threw it away with the trash while cleaning the store room of clutter last year!

:bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed:

The Happy Squirrel

A lot of the effect you are seeing is due to the pointillism painting technique used in the Majors, while the minors use more saturated and solid borders. When contrasting the two there is definitely a noticeable difference.

Aha!

But in that case, how does that explain the differences in hues across RRD's two decks?

This deck actually inspired me to acquire one of Wegmuller's oil paintings. I also had one of his original drawings, but my partner accidentally threw it away with the trash while cleaning the store room of clutter last year!

EEEEEK.....