Well, not exactly an oracle, but....

Aura Wolf

While downloading some decks into my Orphalese Tarot program yesterday, I typed in "cats" and stumbled upon a deck I'd never seen before (it's actually a playing card deck--"Italian Cats Playing Cards" by Evelyne Nicod). I fell in love with the cards, and ordered a set to use for reading, as I have wanted to learn to read with a regular deck of playing cards for a long time, but couldn't find a deck that really made me want to use it for this purpose. So in a way, it IS an oracle--at least for my purposes :)

It's actually a set of two decks in a nice decorative box--which is nice because I thought it would be fun to make a double deck for duplicate cards--and for $16 I couldn't resist :D Just thought I'd share these cute dressed-up kitties in case anyone else was interested in reading playing cards...or just having them for games. Here's a website with a few pictures:

http://members.aol.com/blgupc/blgupc/italcats/deck.htm

They're actually kind of tough to find on the net, but I found and ordered a set from Newt's Cards (you can see the box here too):

http://www.newtscards.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=P-2117

Enjoy :)

P.S. If anyone's curious, here's the site I've been viewing to learn how to read playing cards. I guess a lot of others use this method:

http://www.hedgewytchery.com/cartomancy.html

There's also a bunch of threads about this if you search Divination and Study Groups.

Logiatrix

Too Cute!

Those are absolutely adorable, Star Spirit!
I totally understand the need to find just the right
playing card deck; congrats of finally finding yours.

I started out with a deck that I wrote on with
personal symbols and keywords. I had a hard time
breaking away from that one, but I think I had to,
or it would become a "crutch" and inhibit my reading.
It took me several attempts with different packs
before I found the right one, which is why I now
have a small (but impressive) playing card collection!

By the way, the "right one" I finally selected is a deck
of Bicycle "LoVision" Playing Cards. Oddly simple, I
suppose, after all my searching, but it just clicked when
I saw the deck at a local novelty shop. Like the way you
found your cats... ;)

It's also nice to find another cartomancer around
here...keep us posted about your new playing cards,
okay?
:)

hedgecub

Ooh, I have a copy of this deck that I tucked into an order I placed with AlidaStore a couple years ago. The same artist did a majors-only tarot deck called Les Chats d'Evelyne Nicod, and when I saw she'd also done a regular deck of playing cards, I figured I was paying postage anyways so I might as well get it too. They're absolutely adorable, but I never play with them 'cause I don't want to accidentally damage their cute little paws!

Aura Wolf

Yes I saw that deck too--cute! I just checked Alida and though they have a couple cute kitty playing card decks they don't seem to carry that one anymore--didn't think so cause it didn't come up in my search! Actually the site I ordered mine from that I posted above (the ONLY one I could find them in) now has them on backorder, which I was afraid would happen. But they said they do still carry them and just had to place another large order to Europe and it would take a few extra weeks. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)