(So Below) Book Of Shadows Vol. II

La Force

I received this as a Christmas gift from my step sister. I honestly love it. I really like that it does depict images of every day modern stuff, It nice to have a deck of our current modern reality. Love the world card.

The 10 of wands to me reflects the overburden of the many responsibilities that women have in our times now. Not only do we as woman have the role of homemaker, but also the role of bringing home the bread too. This also shows how in our times that men are taking the roles of homemaker. Both men and women are now playing both roles. You have not only single parent families, but also gay/lesbian families. We live in a high stress reality and yes we have the ability to adapt, accept, and get the job done. We do it and manage to best of our abilities and try to smile in the process.

This deck truely resonates with me upon first impressions of each card. It gets real, as in it's real. ie: 7 of Swords this image blew me out of the water seriously, I had that happen to me. Someone went through my filing cabinet stole important files/docs along with my ID. etc. I went through hell with being a victim of identy thieft.

This summer before I had my second stroke, I did competive horse shows, I've been a equestian rider all my life and showing, my dream was to ride for Canada, I got as far as riding for BC. The 5 of swords reminds me very much of my riding career and all the politics, snobery, bull***t, you have to deal with and to place in the top 3. I am proud to say that in every show and class I entered I placed in the Top 3, received medals, troophies, and ribbons, plus title. I still ride and show. The horses have played the biggest part in my recovery from these strokes.

Yes its nice to have a deck that is in a tradtional sense, but it is much nicer to have a deck thats real to our modern times and real world stuff and crap we have to deal with.

I am at a point in my tarot that I don't want a deck, that is heavy in symbols, requires study, and memorizing of those symbols. I want a deck to be simple to the point in imagery, one quick look at the imagery and wala you get it. No mystery to it and down to earth. Its nice to have deck with imagery that you can instantly relate to it, a time in your life where you have experienced that moment. I prefer to see the majors for once not being archtypical, that they are real people, real moments, real situations. Like the 7. Chariot kids talking, arguing, etc. in the car, been there done that, and it takes lots of patients, tolerance to get to your destination.

I like the artwork, I like how the colors are used. I don't find it anymore cartoony than RWS deck, Wheel of the year, Ludy Lescot, Llewellyn Tarot or Dreamingway Tarot. It's bright yet muted at same time.

I am going to spend some more time with this deck.

La Force

La Force

Split from What Tarot Deck are you using now? 2014

BlueDragonfly said:
And yes, I do stray for an occasional reading with others......we wouldn't want them to feel totally neglected, now would we?
Oh no! we can't have our decks neglected, no, not at all.

WolfyJames said:
I still use my Tarot of Vampyres, I did an IDS some years ago when I got it, which ultimately created the sub-forums about it. So this year I want to have a light deck to balance my Tarot of Vampyres, so it was between the Tarot of Pagan Cats or the Tarot of Sevenfold Mystery. I've decided to use the Tarot of Sevenfold Mystery and to do an IDS on it. Unfortunetely, I find the Tarot of Sevenfold Mystery unshuffable so while I do the IDS I'm slowly trimming it, to make it easier to handle for me.
I can understand wanting a light deck to balance the darker decks.

here is my top favourite decks I used in 2013.

Ludy Lescot
Tarot of Vampyres
Mary El (I love the larger images cause my eye vision not so good)
Steam punk (BM) (dark deck, for RWS)

What is common about these is that 3 of them are thothy and all 4 of them Dark, I find myself so attracted to darker decks.

So like you I wanted a light deck to balance so I then used.
Wheel of the Year deck
Cosmic Tarot (Thothy)

Then I noticed I wasn't just attracted to Darker decks, I was also attracted to Thoth derivatives type decks.

My step sister bought me for Christmas 2013, the Book of Shadows Vol. II (So below) I have been a witch all my life it's runs in the family, lol. She also knows I wrote my own BOS over 1000 pages, I even have my Great Grandmother's BOS, I hadn't touch it since 2007. so she dropped me a hint, a tarot deck, to go back to it. My book of shadows. lol So not only will I be Doing the IDS on the Deck I will being re-reading through my BOS. Killing two birds with one stone.

WolfyJames said:
So right now, I'm not reading yet with the Tarot of Sevenfold Mystery, I'm waiting to finish trimming it.
No worries, I haven't done one reading yet with the Book of Shadows Vol. II (So Below) either. I'm only at the describing stage of each card. what do I see (Step 1). Then I will move on to How Do I feel about each card (Step 2 ) and so on. Mean while I will be posting this in the IDS group. I will even add bits from my published, (privately) but not mass published tarot book (600 pages) to the IDS group as well.

La Force

La Force

I want to also leave the thread OPEN to others who use this deck, but don't have the time to be involved in the study group to talk about it.

Should you just want to make comments about a particular card, and experience with it. please goto the study group, locate the card thread, and post your thoughts.

Feel asured you don't have to commit to the study group, particpate when you want.

La Force

La Force

I feel like the world card tonight. I have completed the Major Arcana Cards, for the study group. Wow I am so stoked with myself, I did it in 2 days. wow! I impressed myself more than any thing. I have completely gone of my own thoughts. I don't have the Book nor the Book of Shadows Vol. 1 kit. I approached this deck winging it, with just my own knowledge. Happy New Years to me. :) This was huge for me, to complete the major arcana in and for a study group. I now I am only half way there, I still have the Minor Arcana to do. I will need a few days to figure out how I am going to lay that out, format wise.

I am open to suggestions.

The door is open for anyone who wants to comment on any cards for the Major Arcana go for it. I would love to see, what you see.

La Force

ETA: I can now do, Majors only readings. I am looking forward to this. and no I will not use the minors, cause I want to keep a fresh first impression of each card, to post up in the study group. saving that special moment.

La Force

I have a question, Please someone who has this deck and uses it regularly please be honest and tell me the truth.

I watch a youtube video review, about the Kit (both) Book of Shadows Vol 1 and 2. In this video was a rant about the card stock, It's durability, and that I would not last long in daily use, that the decks, are more for the Art, just to look at. Not made to be actually be used. That the card stock is not tough enough to hold up. (Cheap card stock)

Have you used this deck daily, is it holding up?
Is the deck chipping on the edges?
Do the edges start to separate?
Are the cards easily bent, while shuffling?

anything else you wish to mention, please do.

I want to be informed, so that I can make the right decision with proper handling of the deck.

Thank you, and muchly apprecicated.

La Force