日本神話(Nihonshinwa)- Japanese tarot deck

factotum

Hi! I'm thrilled, as always, to meet another Japanese Myth enthusiast! You'll find this deck to be the utterly amazing cross-section of Japanese culture and Tarot that I've found it to be.

I've not had any problems using my American account to order from Amazon Japan. I'm pretty sure the account can stay the same across the international stages of Amazon, regardless of which country you order from.

And if you ever get lost on a page or want to double-check what you're doing, there is usually a "translate page" or "English page" button, which produces a pretty good translation for the basic functions of Amazon (e.g., "add to cart," check-out verifications, etc.).

Awesome thank you so much for the response back ! I am going to order both decks. Japanese point of view is at times bewildering and fascinating because it is so far removed from my cultural frame of reference. I didn't realize this until I was introduced to the wonderful writer Natsuo Kirino, by accident (Out, Real World, and Grotesque) and also the cultural treatise on Office Ladies several years ago. Since then, I am always searching for literature, sociological, cultural, and mythological interpretations with English translations. From my view, the translation offerings can be slim. Thanks again!

gregory

Hoping this thread isn't TOO old - I now have this lovely deck - but there are TWO extra cards - and naturally I cannot identify the second... madhatter - are you able to tell me, pretty please ?

ETA never mind; I just read the instructions you did so well more thoroughly. A second moon. Thanks so much for that !

madhatter00o

Hoping this thread isn't TOO old - I now have this lovely deck - but there are TWO extra cards - and naturally I cannot identify the second... madhatter - are you able to tell me, pretty please ?

ETA never mind; I just read the instructions you did so well more thoroughly. A second moon. Thanks so much for that !

Yup! Two Worlds and two Moons. Tsukuyomi (or Tsukiyomi) has been depicted as male and female, so the creator of the deck decided to include both.

Just choose your favourite. ^_^