*A Mysterious Deck

TheOld

Hello everybody,
I'm looking for idea about a deck that will be mysterious, another point is that it need to be beautifull, maybe a bit dark but not too much.
the Visconti is something near but mmmm
any idea ?

thanks thanks
Omeada

vision777

hi i think the morgan-greer tarot deck feels like a mysterious deck. because it has a little back in the days darkness to it .

Alta

I think the Lo Scarabeo deck "Secret Tarot" fits that bill. Does for me anyway.

jackdaw*

Oh ... good call, Marion! Another vote for the Secret, here.

Little Baron

vision777 said:
hi i think the morgan-greer tarot deck feels like a mysterious deck. because it has a little back in the days darkness to it .

I agree. Can't put my finger on the reason, but it does have a darkness and richness to it that lends to being mysterious.

LB

lunakasha

I would like to add to the list (both excellent choices so far)....

How about the Symbolon???

Even though technically it is not a tarot deck, yet is very interesting to work with, beautifully illustrated, and more than a little "dark" in my opinion.
I have found it to be an excellent reading deck....although I don't hear it discussed very often.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/symbolon/

:) Luna

sharpchick

While I wouldn't call it a dark deck in any classic sense of the word, the Intuitive Tarot (Conway) is one which for me has a delicious sense of mystery. . . probably because each reading I've done with it has had cards in the spread in postions that really make me think "out of the box" for the interpretation. I have "aha" moments with each reading.

I love all the curves in the artwork that take my eye through a naturally progressive journey over any given card, so I continue to see different vignettes in the art, which adds to my intuitive interpretations every time.

Citrin

Maybe the Fantastical, if it's not too dark for you? It has a very mysterious feel to it, imo, though the readings are very clear and honest.

The Sacred Rose is another quite mysterious looking deck. The people have this special look that fascinates me... It also has very nice, a bit "dark", scenes with waterfalls and forests.