*A Mysterious Deck

Arania

I second the Secret Tarot. Very well to work with, too.

TheOld

Hello all,
I'v buy the Visconti Tarot (LS), it's verry beautifull and seems verry rich, that's the kind of deck i was looking.
thanks all or any other idea?
Omeada

lunakasha

la-luna said:
The "Akron tarot" comes to mind partial dark partial mysterious partial bizarre but very usable/readable

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/akron/

I LOVE the Akron....they are so unusual, and there is so much detail to get lost in....it is really a shame that the book is only available in German. I am hoping that someday soon Urania will release this deck/set in English. :D

(As a side note, out of curiosity--does your deck contain a misprint, where the Six of Pentacles actually has the image of the Nine of Pentacles? Apparently this was an error on several decks....I am waiting to see if the publisher will issue replacement cards).

:) Luna

la-luna

lunakasha said:
I LOVE the Akron....they are so unusual, and there is so much detail to get lost in....it is really a shame that the book is only available in German. I am hoping that someday soon Urania will release this deck/set in English. :D

(As a side note, out of curiosity--does your deck contain a misprint, where the Six of Pentacles actually has the image of the Nine of Pentacles? Apparently this was an error on several decks....I am waiting to see if the publisher will issue replacement cards).

:) Luna

I checked and yes i do have the same misprint as you do

Rosanne

TheOld said:
Hello all,
I'v buy the Visconti Tarot (LS), it's verry beautifull and seems verry rich, that's the kind of deck i was looking.
thanks all or any other idea?
Omeada
Aha- I see what you mean by 'mysterious' now. Out of the depths of time and mysterious thinking and all the historic 'whys' and 'luxury' of gifts of miniature painting.... the other would be The Mantegna Tarot- which is not really tarot or the reproduction Milanese DellaRocca 'The Classic Tarot'. If only some one would embellish the TdM, but that would move it from the everymans Tarot. Thanks for the thread TheOld I have seen a mysterious deck I have never seen before. (the Akron) ~Rosanne

Asradel

Possibly Too Dark

but may spark your imagination as to the aura of mystery you're looking for. Have you seen The Ansata Tarot? Check it out on the deck reviews (I think it's there) - dark you want, dark you get....

TheOld

Rosanne said:
If only some one would embellish the TdM, but that would move it from the everymans Tarot. Thanks for the thread TheOld I have seen a mysterious deck I have never seen before. (the Akron) ~Rosanne

Yes a Great marseille would be fantastic, something less cheaps (the sanchez version deluxe seems great)
and yest the akron is good :)

Have fun
Omeada